PDA

View Full Version : What do you hate about EA?

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Well a lot of us share hatred for EA, but some of us have different opinions. I was wondering what are your thoughts about what is wrong with EA.

For me it's the fact that they re-re-re-release their sports titles (LIKE SOUTHPARK, LOL!). They cancel Xbox games or atleast take cool features out of the games. Then they deliver cheap ports. Now their PC titles aren't getting any better, some of them are asking for ridiculous system specs and they're buggy as hell.

I know a lot of you feel the same but I want to know what you personally think is wrong with them. Not everybody thinks that Madden is all that bad or that they make cheap ports. LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD! :D :D ;) :)

VeNoMiZA
03-11-2003, 08:39 PM
I ****EN HATE YOU ea MAKE THEIR NAME LOOK SMALL ok..i hate them because they ruin EVERY game they touch, i.e. 007 went down the drain, sims sucks monkey nutz. harry potter WTF?? EVERYTHING. aRRghhhHHh

Knight
03-11-2003, 08:41 PM
1. They don't even try to make use of the power of the XBox when they make a XBox game.

2. There support for games is **** poor

3. Ultima9 is still a beta they never fixed the game

4. Ultima9 is lame

5. They will not support XBL

6. They do a poor job on alot of XBox & PC games

7. There just lame

8. there still milking UO1

9. they caned UO2 so they can spend there time making a new version of UO1

10. They suck sonys D___ & are there *****

Want me to go on with more?

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Please go on. That's some interesting stuff dude.

Knight
03-11-2003, 08:49 PM
11. They closed down Origin

12. they caned WC: privateer3

13. EA will not let there be any more Wing Commander games

14. they wouldn't support the Dreamcast

LynxFX
03-11-2003, 08:53 PM
EA isn't all bad. Their PC support is pretty top notch and BF1942 is a very solid and entertaining game. I gladly bought it and Road to Rome.

However, what I hate about EA is their complete lack of confidence in the Xbox, if that really is what it is about. They screw over the Xbox community any chance they get and just when you think they might redeam themselves, they do something else that takes them right back down. I really wish I could see what goes on in those big wig exec meetings. I swear someone leaves on nitrous oxide or something. How else can you explain their behavior? It can't be greed, because so many of their decisions take them into the red, not black.

I don't play sports games so I can't comment on how good/bad those are.

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 08:54 PM
14. they wouldn't support the Dreamcast

I agree with you on that. That was pretty lame of them to not support SEGA because maybe it still would have survived til this year and possibly see another SEGA next gen console.

I ****EN HATE YOU

You hate me? Lil ol me? :( :( :confused: :confused: :o

Knight
03-11-2003, 08:55 PM
15. they fired Richard Garriott (Lord British)

16. The Wing Commander movie was lame

Seawolf X
03-11-2003, 08:55 PM
I hate most of the sports games they make. I find them unrealistic and stupid. I don't think they know their sports to well.

TheCovenant
03-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
EA isn't all bad. Their PC support is pretty top notch and BF1942 is a very solid and entertaining game. I gladly bought it and Road to Rome.

However, what I hate about EA is their complete lack of confidence in the Xbox, if that really is what it is about. They screw over the Xbox community any chance they get and just when you think they might redeam themselves, they do something else that takes them right back down. I really wish I could see what goes on in those big wig exec meetings. I swear someone leaves on nitrous oxide or something. How else can you explain their behavior? It can't be greed, because so many of their decisions take them into the red, not black.

I don't play sports games so I can't comment on how good/bad those are.

i bought an xbox so that i wouldnt have to continue upgrading to play games such as bf1942. I thought that was the only game that those sons of whores would provide for xbox, thats of good quality. them canning that game was the last straw for me, and now i hate them.

and they also canned allied assault for xbox.

Knight
03-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
EA isn't all bad. Their PC support is pretty top notch and BF1942 is a very solid and entertaining game.

I want to see you play Ultima9 & then see if you still can say there PC support is pretty top notch. BF1942 is good, But at the time BF1942 was being maded EA didn't own DICE. EA now owns them.

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Well they own a percenatge of DICE.....but it's still enough to tell them what to do. :( :( :mad:

CrazyCougar
03-11-2003, 09:20 PM
I dont mind EA at all. Plenty of other games out there to play if ya dont like EA. I have 3 EA titles I really enjoy a lot and I am sure there will be more. Tiger Woods, NCAA 2003 Football, and Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. Solid titles in my opinion. Oh well, just my thought anyhow.

MerimacHamwich
03-11-2003, 09:28 PM
EA
Just plain stupid
They produce games that are developed and optimized so badly that you only get mediocre fps on a high end system with medium graphical settings.
When they port, they port, that is all they do. They somehow make games that run great on the PS2 but when ported to the Xbox they look and run worse.
UNDERDEVELOPMENT

Knight
03-11-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
EA
Just plain stupid
They produce games that are developed and optimized so badly that you only get mediocre fps on a high end system with medium graphical settings.
When they port, they port, that is all they do. They somehow make games that run great on the PS2 but when ported to the Xbox they look and run worse.
UNDERDEVELOPMENT

Did you hear about poor job they did with both Simcity4 & new C&C?

MerimacHamwich
03-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I have both of those games. Needless to say, I didn't buy them.

The optimization on those is horrible. Both games have only low-medium end graphics and yet they run pretty bad. I have a 1.3ghz Celeron, 384mb sdram, GeForce 2 Pro 64mb which isn't a great system but it isn't bad either. Anyway, both of those games could run way better on my PC then they do. Dungeon Siege, for example, runs absolutely fine and it looks better than both of those games. Even when there is 20+ enemies on screen.

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 09:44 PM
Yeah I actually though about ending my EA strike the other day and get C&C Generals and I was shocked to see that they want a 1.8 ghz machine. TO RUN A FREAKING RTS!? Hell Splinter Cell on PC only asks for like 1.2 ghz. I know those are recommended but honestly...would you really run the game on the requirements settings? I had the recommended for Black and White and Tribes 2. They ran miserably on my old PC. Of course now my new PC plays them like nothing but it just shows that EA screwing up has been happening for a while. Don't be surprised if Black and White: Next Gen is cancelled for Xbox. They did it to Dreamcast....why not Xbox right? It was supposed to be released last year for DC and then PS2 and Xbox but EA had to be anal about DC too. The truth is I'm more excited about Black & White 2 but I'm sure it will be full of bugs out the ass and want a hefty system that I can't afford.:( :o :mad:

xboxman_1
03-11-2003, 09:46 PM
I have a 1.3ghz Celeron, 384mb sdram, GeForce 2 Pro 64mb which isn't a great system but it isn't bad either.

Heh, I have the exact system you do only my processor is a Duron, not a Celeron. AMD all the way.

MerimacHamwich
03-11-2003, 09:48 PM
The thing that gets me is that you shouldn't need a hefty system to run these games. They are worse graphically than other games that run absolutely fine. They don't have any advanced AI that needs more CPU time either. There is nothing in these games that requires a more powerful system. Its just EA doesn't let the developers optimize the games properly. It is really really pathetic.

-edit-
xboxman, your cpu is better than mine then. I personally think that Pentium has worse chips than AMD, and seeing as mine is a Pentium and yours is an AMD, yours is better than mine.
:)

LynxFX
03-11-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Knight
I want to see you play Ultima9 & then see if you still can say there PC support is pretty top notch. BF1942 is good, But at the time BF1942 was being maded EA didn't own DICE. EA now owns them.
I have no interest in Ultima9, so not sure on that. However the last couple EA pc games I've played have been very solid. BF1942, Road to Rome, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, the Sims. All solid titles, and all built specifically for the PC I might add. They aren't all great hits but I rarely see them skimp on PC titles being either the developer or publisher. Why can't they do that for the Xbox?

MerimacHamwich
03-12-2003, 01:48 AM
I can only go so far as to say that overall EA makes decent games for the PC. DICE did an amazing job on Battle Field 1942 though. However, they are an amazing dev team to start with. Maybe if they had a different publisher Battle Field would have been even better!

Cloud Strife
03-12-2003, 06:56 AM
I personally like EA a lot. There probably one of my favorite publishers who started in the U.S. after Working Designs. I really like the Need for Speed, Moto Racer, NBA Live games, NBA Street, TY: The Tasmanian Tiger, Cel Damage, Simpsons Road Rage, etc. I also liked EA because they co-published several great games with Squaresoft. I've been an EA supporter and I'll continue to be.;)

Insane Jester
03-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Well firstly. i have run c+c genrals on my spare 1 gig pc and it runs fine..

spare pc specs
1 gig athlon
768 meg 133 ram
geforce 3 500 ti graphics card

Secondly i love tigar woods and need for speed on the xbox . i dont hate ea but its like everything else. small little companys do well and become huge mega companys then think they are above the people who put them there .. US .. microsoft have been doing it for years now. ea are now doing it and because they have bundles of cash dont care now what they produce. but they still do produce some good things.

MerimacHamwich
03-12-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Insane Jester
Well firstly. i have run c+c genrals on my spare 1 gig pc and it runs fine..

spare pc specs
1 gig athlon
768 meg 133 ram
geforce 3 500 ti graphics card

What graphical settings do you have the game set at?

LTM360
03-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar-XBA
Tiger Woods

Hot Shots Golf 3 is much much better. I hate that stupid right-analog stick shot.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger

Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, & Even Crash Bandicoot is better than this.

NCAA 2003 Football

I know alot of people like this, but I perfer the 2k# better than EA's sports titles.

I hate EA
-Milking The Sims more than 10 different times
-Canning Battlefield 1942 (Xbox)
-Taking Live out of Madden
-Making the 007 series become the worst FPS Series I've ever played.
-Buying several good companies, and making them suck.

E Nomini Patri
03-12-2003, 05:04 PM
LOTR the Two Towers was a great game. It was made by EA. It still suck they cancelled BF1942...

MerimacHamwich
03-12-2003, 05:05 PM
I didn't like The Two Towers from EA that much. It was pretty fun but tottally detracted from the Tolkien experience. I mean, how in god's name did they get the idea to buy and upgrade weapons!? That was the most stupid thing they could have done.