PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Starcraft Ghost?

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Like 6 months ago SC: Ghost was on everybodies mouths. Now it's just a memory. I know it's still in development but we haven't been really updated on it. Maybe we'll get a chance to see some info and new screens after E3. I don't think E3 is very fair though because they only allow people "involved" in the industry. But when you think about it the consumer is very much involved because we're the ones that crown the Games of the Year and spread the word of great games. Plus last year I saw photos of Kelly Osbourne at E3 and she doesn't do a damn thing for the industry except bring curse words into the mainstream. :rolleyes:

NINE BREAKER
03-11-2003, 08:50 PM
I don't know about anybody else, but I'm still looking forward to this game. I think there was something on it in the last OXM, if not it was the one before it.

Kraft
03-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Not sure about this game, though it does look pretty from what I've seen thus far. It is looking like Xbox's answer to Metroid Prime.

Shadow20002
03-11-2003, 08:58 PM
Seems much more like Splinter Cell style but in the future. :rolleyes:

TheCovenant
03-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Not sure about this game, though it does look pretty from what I've seen thus far. It is looking like Xbox's answer to Metroid Prime.

im very skeptical about this game. already the lack of bump mapping and high rez textures are very underwhelming. Blizzard has also never made anything good outside of the strategy and rpg genre. Going into third person shooters is a deadly step, especially if they're only supervising the project.

I really hope they know what they're doing up there at blizzard, or else this could be the biggest let down this year......

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA

I don't know about that because it's going to be a multiplatform game....but isn't supposed to come to Xbox first? I really want to cloak and call in some airstrikes on those disgusting Zergs!:cool: :D

But seriously I think it's a mix between Splinter Cell, MGS2, and Brute Force (but without the squad) It still looks pretty good. I can remember the day that the game was announced and then you see all the PC fanboys rise and flame every console owner they could find. It was hilarious reading all that whining. :D :cool:

Kraft
03-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
im very skeptical about this game. already the lack of bump mapping and high rez textures are very underwhelming. Blizzard has also never made anything good outside of the strategy and rpg genre. Going into third person shooters is a deadly step, especially if they're only supervising the project.

I really hope they know what they're doing up there at blizzard, or else this could be the biggest let down this year......

Blizzard has never made anything outside of the RTS genre and Nihilistic (codeveloper) made Vampire the Masquerade which was a 3rd person RPG. I'm not too concerned about the graphics as the screenshots and media thus far has been amazing. Gameplay is all I am concerned about.

Stormlord
03-11-2003, 09:19 PM
But Covenant kinda does have a point. If it was Xbox exclusive or atleast Xbox and Gamecube, we would see some much prettier graphics. The graphics right now still look amazing, but so much more could have been put in....thanks PS2!. Oh well but yeah Gameplay should come first. Look at Halo 2. They put in some graphics that blow away Halo and UC/UT2k3 and possibly giving Deus Ex 2 and Doom III a run for their money. Now Halo 2 is delayed to enhance the gameplay. That's pretty damn cool of Bungie and MS to not get carried away about the graphics and forget to tweak the gameplay. Hopefully Blizzard will deliver a blockbuster this year. :cool: :D :)

SiGuy
03-12-2003, 07:28 PM
This game looks amazing. There hasnt been much talk lately, and I havent SEEN any new screenshots. I hope they didnt put a temporary freeze on the game

Stormlord
03-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I hope that doesn't get delayed as well.