PDA

View Full Version : Speedy Service!



gcgalt
03-12-2003, 03:37 AM
I just wanted to give credit where credit was due. I posted on here a week ago complainig of a loading/freezing problem (please check your disc/dvd.....)with my console. I contacted Xbox on Thursday of last week, and explained the problem. They admitted there was a problem with early consoles and they would replace my reader at no charge to me. That was impressive enough, but that's not the best part..... Again.... I contaced them Thursday, Purolator showed up Friday, I packed it and sent it Friday afternoon. Monday morning my Xbox was back in my hands repaired! In my life I have never received customer service like this. WOW!!!!!!!:)

wbio
03-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Glad to hear it, especially about the no charge part because I need mine repaired too

Variation-XBA
03-12-2003, 08:24 AM
Not bad.. rare....but impressive

bbchs_trash
03-12-2003, 09:01 AM
Will thta just convinced me too send mine in today. Since that fast of service means that there are not a lot of Xbox's in the facility... thanks for the info!

carlbme
03-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Sounds nice. Too bad I've voided my warranty. And no, I didn't void it with a mod chip. All the internals are stock. Just the outside appearance is "slightly" changed.

:)

Variation-XBA
03-12-2003, 04:06 PM
You put a diaper on it didnt you? ;)

carlbme
03-12-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Variation
You put a diaper on it didnt you? ;)

Yea, it was one of those late nights and my daughter woke me up in the middle of the night with a soggy diaper. Guess I got the two mixed up and put on the box instead.

I knew I should of listened to the wife and not but it in the baby's room. Oh well.

;)

MerimacHamwich
03-12-2003, 06:07 PM
My friend had the same great experience.

SkoalMint
03-12-2003, 06:10 PM
I'm going out of town next week so I figure this might be the best time to send my box in for repair. Did you have any problems with your game saves?

wbio
03-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
I'm going out of town next week so I figure this might be the best time to send my box in for repair. Did you have any problems with your game saves?
yeah, that's what I was wondering because I really don't want to lose my saves:(

Variation-XBA
03-13-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
My friend had the same great experience.

Of putting a diaper on an xbox!?:confused: :eek: ;)

fordham6
03-13-2003, 11:25 AM
I would like to install a bigger hard drive but don't know how to.
some help would be great, thank you

carlbme
03-13-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by fordham6
I would like to install a bigger hard drive but don't know how to.
some help would be great, thank you

You would need a mod chip (which are illegal and pretty much most discussion of one on this board will result in a locked thread)

OuFtb
03-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by gcgalt
I just wanted to give credit where credit was due. I posted on here a week ago complainig of a loading/freezing problem (please check your disc/dvd.....)with my console. I contacted Xbox on Thursday of last week, and explained the problem. They admitted there was a problem with early consoles and they would replace my reader at no charge to me. That was impressive enough, but that's not the best part..... Again.... I contaced them Thursday, Purolator showed up Friday, I packed it and sent it Friday afternoon. Monday morning my Xbox was back in my hands repaired! In my life I have never received customer service like this. WOW!!!!!!!:)


I don't think I could do this, I don't have the money, but I could get it free(hopfully). But hew would I call, like the number, sorry but not real smart on this subject, if somone could post it, it would be very helpfull, also thanks in advace.

wbio
03-13-2003, 08:48 PM
call 1-800-4MY-XBOX

fordham6
03-16-2003, 12:36 PM
my mistake i'm new to this