PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne Let Me Down

superlag
03-12-2003, 10:16 AM
I said to my wife, "It's not like I hope Max Payne will be a good game - I KNOW it will be. I have read the reviews."

Well, in my opinion, the reviews were all hype. This game may be fun to play on the PC, but on X-Box it is highly frustrating. I can usually pick up any game with ANY control config and do just fine. With Max Payne the controls drive me into fits of rage. Instead of the typical FPS with strafing, here you actually have to see your player model and a teenytiny (even in the largest mode) crosshair that gets blocked by your head/shoulders 1/2 the time. I went into the OPTIONS menu to change my right stick to movement and the left to aiming/viewing. With several control config options, not ONE lets you do this.
I now know why Max Payne was already in the bargain bin at $19.95...:eek: :confused: :eek:

OuFtb
03-12-2003, 12:13 PM
I have to disagree with you, I have Max Payne and love it, I think its a great game and can't wait for part 2 to come out, just hope its on Xbox.

Corona
03-16-2003, 03:00 PM
Max payne was a great game especialy with the $19.99 price tag i got it for, i even got the original casing from EB G, and not the platinum crap.

PRO: The games was very fun, and a great story line, i mean this will (and i mean will) be a great movie, if produced right. Cuz the game has the plot but can do with out some of the cut scenes that made it a great 'game', great!

CON: There really wasn't any erge to go pick this game up and play it again after beating it, which always sucks, but without any replay value this is still a great game

:confused:
ps. F@## you damn sooners for beating my UCONN Huskies earlier this year when we were reanked #3
:( :eek: :mad: lol

EHWfedPres
03-18-2003, 08:27 PM
Max Payne Let Me Down

Welcome to earth. This game sucks huge cahones

Sleazy P Martini
03-18-2003, 09:27 PM
I just picked it up. I think its a great game. It took about 15 minutes to get used to the controls, but then no problems.

superlag
03-18-2003, 11:17 PM
After an ULTRA-sucky night at work, the reply from "EHWfedPres" made me laugh so hard that I felt instantly cured from my loathing of life. Thank You.

And Joe please give me your PayPal account # so I can send you weekly tithings, as you are now my official God.