PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Soul Reaver 3!

Kraft
03-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Well, if any of you are fans of the Legacy of Kain series, Eidos just announced they are making Soul Reaver 3 for all next gen consoles. Today is a happy day!

Eidos confirms Soul Reaver 3 and Italian Job Mugwum [07-Mar-2003]

Despite failing to get Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness out the door, and despite Sports Interactive's insistence on more time for CM4, Eidos chairman John van Kuffeler is apparently extremely pleased with the company's financial earnings so far this year. Blood Omen 2 on the Cube must've been a big hit, then.

What's more, Mr. van Kuffeler has confirmed in his statement that a couple of new titles are due from Crystal Dynamics "over the coming months" (Soul Reaver 3 and 'Spanx') and that a new Italian Job game is in production for PS2, Xbox and Cube. SCi, as you may recall, was responsible for the popular PSX version of Michael Caine's mini adventure, but it sounds like Eidos has wrestled it home.

Van Kuffeler goes on to say that it is pleased with the way the games market is moving this year, with hardware and software sales both expected to rise.

http://www.eurogamer.net/news.php?id=22527

Variation-XBA
03-12-2003, 03:08 PM
Cant wait to see some screens...and how story is going to go :)

No Fear 23
03-12-2003, 03:40 PM
i never ehard of that game, what is it about? :D

Kraft
03-12-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by irule23

Vampires. There have been 4 legacy of cain games so far:

Blood Omen
Soul Reaver
Soul Rever 2
Blood Omen 2

I'm not sure if that is the exact order they came out in, but they are all fun games and I am excited to hear about a new one.

VenoM
03-12-2003, 03:50 PM
they better make a soul reaver 3(on xbox especially).......i bought a ps2 just to play soul reaver 2..bastages cancelled it for the dc and so i had no choice but to get a ps2 to play soul reaver 2.........legacy of kain games rule!! :D i thought blood omen 3 and soul reaver 3 were gonna be one game though??:confused: where both games meet and that would be the end of the legacy of kain series

VenoM
03-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by irule23

ahh....the story is to deep to explain,would take a while...it deals with vampires,revenge,betrayal,soul sucking,impalement,blood,a powerful sword called the soul reaver, and more blood :D its a great series.......if you own a ps2 you can play all the 4 parts since legacy of kain was released on the ps1 and soul reaver was as well(it was released on dreamcast also).....and soul reaver 2 was released exclusively to ps2......you can get blood omens 2 for xbox,ps2,and gc though ...check out http://www.nosgoth.net/ for some info

Evil_Dr_Beefy
03-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Oh yes!!!! The soul reaver games have one of the best story lines in videogames today.....The only thing i want..is for them to redo the combat system....Raziel is sceaming for some new fighting moves....bring back the bosses:D

JJaX
03-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Vampires. There have been 4 legacy of cain games so far:

Blood Omen
Soul Reaver
Soul Rever 2
Blood Omen 2

I'm not sure if that is the exact order they came out in, but they are all fun games and I am excited to hear about a new one.

Thats right

Ive beaten soul reaver, soul reaver II and bloodomen II.

BLood omen, was the only game that was different, it was a top view.

They're all cool games.

VeNoMiZA
03-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
they better make a soul reaver 3(on xbox especially).......i bought a ps2 just to play soul reaver 2..bastages cancelled it for the dc and so i had no choice but to get a ps2 to play soul reaver 2.........legacy of kain games rule!! :D i thought blood omen 3 and soul reaver 3 were gonna be one game though??:confused: where both games meet and that would be the end of the legacy of kain series hehe yeah soul reaver is one of the best kains out there i enjoyed legacy of kain blood omen 2 alot .

Snake Eyez
03-12-2003, 07:27 PM
This whole series is great. I like vampire games and this series stands out on top. Great action and interesting story lines. Can't wait.

Shadow20002
03-12-2003, 07:34 PM
Anything relate on vampires, count me in. After Bluffy, BloodRayne, Blood Omen 2, we are in need a classic return to hunt on the X machine !! Screenshots is what i'm waiting... :cool:

Viper87227
03-12-2003, 07:59 PM
sorry to break up the party but Soul Reaver 3 will be a PS2 exclusive

I read it on IGN but im to much of a lazy a$$ to post the link right now.... I will return with the link later

VenoM
03-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
sorry to break up the party but Soul Reaver 3 will be a PS2 exclusive

I read it on IGN but im to much of a lazy a$$ to post the link right now.... I will return with the link later

probably is true since soul reaver 2 was :( sucks if its true...oh well...atleast i have a ps2 for it or by that time a killer pc to run the pc version

Viper87227
03-12-2003, 08:11 PM
lemme apoloize it is on PS2 and Xbox...i could have sworn it said Soul Reaver 3 to only PS2 but I am looking at the artical now and it says otherwise...

Eidos is banking on it's two biggest upcoming titles, Championship Manager 4 and Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness to make 2003 another profitable year. The company's financial statement also mentions a number of fairly big-name games that should be coming. Titles include Commandos III and Deus EX II for the PC, Soul Reaver 3 for the Xbox and PS2, as well as Backyard Wrestling for the PS2 and Xbox and The Italian Job for all three next-gen systems. We'll have more on all these game in the coming months.

VenoM
03-12-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
lemme apoloize it is on PS2 and Xbox...i could have sworn it said Soul Reaver 3 to only PS2 but I am looking at the artical now and it says otherwise...

:p

Viper87227
03-12-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
:p

dont you ever use that kind of languange in front of me again young man ;)

SPARTAN VI
03-12-2003, 08:40 PM
W00t! I only managed to get my hands on Soul Reaver 2, but it was a PC demo. The graphics were pretty good then, lip syncing and all. I must've played the demo about a hundred times before I got tired of it. I'll defintely look into this. :D

JimmieDoogan
03-13-2003, 12:12 PM
I think this series has had the best voice acting in a video game series through out. Some of the lines maybe cheese, but the acting is great. I just hope they develop SR3 for Xbox FIRST, then port it to the lesser systems. Can't wait... they said they might not do a SR3, and now they've confirmed it!!! Awsome! Beat all the games cept BO2, which I'm in the midst of finalizing. I loved the lipsyncing on SR2, best mouth movements in a video game EVER!!!! BO2 was quite a let down in the graphical department. Lets hope SR3 doesn't follow suite.

Brevity
03-13-2003, 12:57 PM
Nice I liked the other ones. Good find.:)

RudedogX
03-13-2003, 01:06 PM
I won my game from XBA...I wonder if I could win this one too.:D

VenoM
03-13-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
I think this series has had the best voice acting in a video game series through out. Some of the lines maybe cheese, but the acting is great. I just hope they develop SR3 for Xbox FIRST, then port it to the lesser systems. Can't wait... they said they might not do a SR3, and now they've confirmed it!!! Awsome! Beat all the games cept BO2, which I'm in the midst of finalizing. I loved the lipsyncing on SR2, best mouth movements in a video game EVER!!!! BO2 was quite a let down in the graphical department. Lets hope SR3 doesn't follow suite.

yea i agree...the voice acting is superb....one of the best voice acting ever done and a great deep story... legacy of kain and metal gear solid are my 2 top voice acted titles..did ya know david hayter (voice of solid snake) tried out to be the voice of kain but was rejected :p just alittle fact