Bigwig
03-12-2003, 05:32 PM
Share everything

keyboard

vidcards

RAM

Processor

everything

I heard this from an MS employee. I like the idea. Now they need a force feedback analog stick and wowowowowowo

MixMasta
03-12-2003, 05:36 PM
u heard it from an ms employee, eh?

im gonna need some hard evidence to believe this, it kinda sounds like bs, but prove me wrong, i dare you!

Hitman101
03-12-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Bigwig
Share everything

keyboard

vidcards

RAM

Processor

everything

I heard this from an MS employee. I like the idea. Now they need a force feedback analog stick and wowowowowowo

Vidcards.................Ram.......................Processor............me think not. Me think you got played.:D

wweomaniac
03-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Believe it or not, but not only will it be PC compatible, but it'll be able to be hooked to to the PS3 to play system link. They're also working on a Gameboy Advance 2 adapter, so you can cross connect both devices. :rolleyes:

Variation-XBA
03-12-2003, 06:34 PM
You forgot about the microwave build in :)

Hitman101
03-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
Believe it or not, but not only will it be PC compatible, but it'll be able to be hooked to to the PS3 to play system link. They're also working on a Gameboy Advance 2 adapter, so you can cross connect both devices. :rolleyes:

Lol, Microsoft would get so many lawsuits up there a$ that it wouldn't even be funny.

VenoM
03-12-2003, 06:36 PM
sounds like an early april fools joke :rolleyes:

Viper87227
03-12-2003, 06:37 PM
yea it sounds to good to be true....but it woul be awesome if it was true

Hitman101
03-12-2003, 06:39 PM
How could it sound true ?!?!?!? He said you could share Processors and video cards.............That would totally suck.:rolleyes:

Seawolf X
03-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Hitman101
Lol, Microsoft would get so many lawsuits up there a$ that it wouldn't even be funny.

bah, to late
i still like xbox though, ehehehe:)

MerimacHamwich
03-12-2003, 07:17 PM
The current xbox already uses PC technology, as does everyother console. So this isn't exactly far fetched. It sounds like it could be pretty awesome though. Think about it. A game like Unreal Championship or Morrowind that people say have such horrible framerates could run good. Maybe instead of bringing out a new console every 5 years they are going to just realease the next Xbox and have it use PC technology so people can upgrade. That is kinda bad becuase they would be money holes but it is kind of good in the same sense. Maybe they would put out Processors, RAM and Video cards that would cost less than the PC counterparts. Ofcourse, the mouse keyboard idea is horrible in my idea. The other things have potential but I still doubt it is true.

Viper87227
03-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Variation
You forgot about the microwave build in :)

I heard about that... Isnt it also supposed to be like the size of a gamecube and double as cell phone / GPS?

Seawolf X
03-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
I heard about that... Isnt it also supposed to be like the size of a gamecube and double as cell phone / GPS?

Ya, with the deluxe UB3R 1337 plasma ray and the superduper mega shieldX?

Viper87227
03-12-2003, 07:55 PM
for some reason i though this thread was started by brevity...

I think im loosing it :confused:

edit: LOST: My Serenity

If found please call 1-IMA-DUM-BASS

wbio
03-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Guys, you're all forgetting about the foldable 50" tv that comes on top of it.;)

Variation-XBA
03-12-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by wbio
Guys, you're all forgetting about the foldable 50" tv that comes on top of it.;)

They upgraded it to 51" :P

MixMasta
03-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
The current xbox already uses PC technology, as does everyother console. So this isn't exactly far fetched. It sounds like it could be pretty awesome though. Think about it. A game like Unreal Championship or Morrowind that people say have such horrible framerates could run good. Maybe instead of bringing out a new console every 5 years they are going to just realease the next Xbox and have it use PC technology so people can upgrade. That is kinda bad becuase they would be money holes but it is kind of good in the same sense. Maybe they would put out Processors, RAM and Video cards that would cost less than the PC counterparts. Ofcourse, the mouse keyboard idea is horrible in my idea. The other things have potential but I still doubt it is true.

even though upgrading seems logical, i find it much to expensive! i remember when my computer used to be top of the line(like 4 years ago:mad: ) and then like within a year, games that were coming out had their minimum specs the same as my computers specs. so then i gotta go out a get more ram, new hardrive, new graphics card and it ends up leaving me poor without money to buy games. That is the whole reason I moved back to console gaming. the xbox was my first system since my snes. and it is a relief not to have to worry about a game not working on my xbox, since all xbox games will work! and the 300+ i will spend on consoles every 4-5 years is much less then the 200 dollar graphic card every 2 years, and the new 200 hardrive and however much i would spend on ram!

Viper87227
03-12-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
even though upgrading seems logical, i find it much to expensive! i remember when my computer used to be top of the line(like 4 years ago:mad: ) and then like within a year, games that were coming out had their minimum specs the same as my computers specs. so then i gotta go out a get more ram, new hardrive, new graphics card and it ends up leaving me poor without money to buy games. That is the whole reason I moved back to console gaming. the xbox was my first system since my snes. and it is a relief not to have to worry about a game not working on my xbox, since all xbox games will work! and the 300+ i will spend on consoles every 4-5 years is much less then the 200 dollar graphic card every 2 years, and the new 200 hardrive and however much i would spend on ram!

I agree in a whole lot less words...

compatability issues suck

Evil_Dr_Beefy
03-12-2003, 09:51 PM
it's nice to know the rumormill is still working...

Liquid Gears
03-13-2003, 12:35 AM
Share everything

keyboard

vidcards

RAM

Processor

everything

Really?! Neat

Before I was leanin' toward pickin' up a PS3, now I have no clue what to get between PS3 or XBox Next. Heard anything about PS3 yet?

MerimacHamwich
03-13-2003, 12:46 AM
Yeah, they are still working on getting the "Toy Story" graphics they promised with the PS2.

Shadow20002
03-14-2003, 12:34 PM
If is true then Xbox Next must be tougher than anything else so you could keep it for aleast 5 years and up. :rolleyes:

frog11983
03-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Hey what about a yard laser, does it come with a yard laser?

No Fear 23
03-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Variation
They upgraded it to 51" :P

oh, and they said its gonna be a plasma

and a small protable toilet behind the xbox. no more trips!!

Reclaimer
03-15-2003, 12:20 AM
Share everything

keyboard

vidcards

RAM

Processor

everything

So you just described a PC. If that's the future of console gaming, I want out. BTW, I would kick your source's ass for telling you that.

wbio
03-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by irule23

It's also going to have built in surround sound speakers that pop out once you say "this is a bunch of bull"

rothgar
03-17-2003, 01:20 PM
i dont want one until it can keep my beverage of choice cold.

maybe vacuum too

TheCovenant
03-17-2003, 09:36 PM
A game like Unreal Championship or Morrowind that people say have such horrible framerates could run good.

run "well".

As for people even considering this idea, I think they're just day dreamin'.

C'mon merimac, you're like the smartest guy in XBA, although this is physically feasible and even Pactically plausible, economically and legally it isn't an easy journey to implement such innovation.

Bigwig
03-18-2003, 04:51 PM
For the most part the conversation went like this.

Me "I wish Xbox Live had more user content aka mods"

MS Xbox guy " Well the problem with that is you dont want people stuck playing 100 hours of one game you want them to buy more, but some MMORPG type games will require on user content and they wont be around for a while."

Me "2004 while or Xbox 2 while?"

MS Xbox guy "lol 2005 or Xbox 2 while."

"On the table with Xbox 2 is a link that makes PC and Xbox 2 (Live) downloads compatible and if you have a certain processor/ game that takes advantage of this feature will decrease Xbox and PC load times and help with lag."

Me "So what about keyboard/mouse, printer, etc etc?"

MS Xbox guy "Depends on the game"

They have been shisty with me in the past but I beileve some of this is true. PC and consoles will have to merge in some way at some point. When you consider that all you have to do ius slap a windows compatibility program in it its not that far fetched at all.
What I have heard about PS 3 is even more wacky then that. I wont post that link because I am sure most know about the Cell Processor and its super server.

Also folks Morrowind did not run that well on the PC.

Viper87227
03-20-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by irule23

All it needs is a fridge and a bed...then it would support the 4 necessities of life...

eat.... sleep.... crap... game!!!!!

Kraft
03-20-2003, 06:53 PM
Pretty sure the original poster got the point, and this stopped being funny a while ago.