PDA

View Full Version : Time magazine disses the Xbox!

MixMasta
03-12-2003, 05:57 PM
This week's Time magazine (March 17th!) includes an article that dissed the XBox. The article, on page86, was talking about the upcoming gameboy advance. In it, it asked, what is the best selling game system of all time? It then said "Its not the Playstation or even the gamecube. And its definitely not the xbox." then it went on to say that the gameboy is with over 142 million units sold. I thought wtf is up with this. Why did they choose the xbox to poke fun at. Why couldnt they have said its definitely not the dreamcast (no offense) or the 3do?? and on top of this, with war on the horizion, and american pride more important than ever, they go and make fun of an american product! why? why? why? they should of made fun of a japanese product, because this is kind of like dissing america in a way, saying that we suck at making game systems!(which is not true, as the xbox has shown us the light.) This is just my little rant, its not that big of a deal, but it just kind of ****es me off! What do you guys think??

Nameless
03-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Could it be...that they don't like the Xbox!? Damn Time magazine lets go and beat them up until they see the brilliant side Xbox :rolleyes:. So they poked fun at an American made product, big whoop. I mean its not like the US ever runs their mouth about other countries and such :rolleyes:, right ya that'll be the day. I say good for Time magazine, I don't see why they shouldn't make fun of their own country's product.

Viper87227
03-12-2003, 06:22 PM
I say who cares.... Its not like it was a 10 page story that says xbox sucks its one line

no offence but i think you need to lighten up

shrew king
03-12-2003, 06:26 PM
I could really care less what Time thinks about a console, good or bad.

canadianboi3
03-12-2003, 06:27 PM
Meh, just another group of people who like to hate the Xbox. Nothing new. But people like this do **** me of, because the Xbox sells MUCH better than the Gamecube.

Master Gracey
03-12-2003, 06:35 PM
I don't really think they meant it as a bash against the Xbox. It's just common sense.

I'd wager that 95% of Time's readers aren't heavy into videogames. They know the systems that are out there now, but what's gone has been forgotten. They mentioned Playstation first because it's currently the industry leader in next-gen consoles and is bound to be first on the minds of most Time readers. They certainly weren't going to name the Gamecube, coz the article is about another Nintendo product. So, by default, the runner-up position goes to Xbox. The whole "definitely not" comment was probably no more than journalistic fluff. It's all the word count, you know!

They wouldn't mention Dreamcast or 3DO coz both of those systems are gone, hence, ancient history (forgotten) by most Time readers. It wouldn't make sense to write an article about today's market and mention the Atari 2600, so why any other console that's plugged into the great outlet in the sky?

SiGuy
03-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Seriously, who the hell reads that lame ass mag anyway. I wouldnt use it to wipe the **** off my shoe. That mags for people who think there smart or bout somethin. Screw Time, screw Gamepube, and SCREW POS2

Snake Eyez
03-12-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by ~ManoWar~
Seriously, who the hell reads that lame ass mag anyway. I wouldnt use it to wipe the **** off my shoe. That mags for people who think there smart or bout somethin. Screw Time, screw Gamepube, and SCREW POS2

I used to read it, but then again you are right in that I think I'm smart. As for what the wrote, not a big deal. That mag is not aimed at gamers. It's written for a totally different group and what they have to say on games just doesn't carry much weight.

Viper87227
03-12-2003, 07:42 PM

screw you.... why the hell does evreyone have to rag on PS2 all the time?

Anyone with brains can see each console has there strengths and weaknesses... Your aloud to have your opinion but you dont need to go around bashing it for no reason

And BTW I am not a PS2 fanboy i think xbox is better and I hate gamecube.... but thats my opinion and you will never hear me ragging on the system and calling is crapcube or something like that because its just childish

Smokin Penguin
03-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Time magazine dissing xbox? they don't know what they are talking about. I bet the editors of time mag. are just a bunch of old hoagies that don't know **** about xbox!

frog11983
03-12-2003, 09:30 PM
3DO rules!! wish mine still worked..... :(

SiGuy
03-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
screw you.... why the hell does evreyone have to rag on PS2 all the time?

Anyone with brains can see each console has there strengths and weaknesses... Your aloud to have your opinion but you dont need to go around bashing it for no reason

And BTW I am not a PS2 fanboy i think xbox is better and I hate gamecube.... but thats my opinion and you will never hear me ragging on the system and calling is crapcube or something like that because its just childish
Im not ragging on PS2 dude im ragging on the fact that a lot of these developers make games around the PS2, with graphics are based on PS2. The XBOX can do alot more than the Ps2 graphic wise. Known fact. And If you can find something that the Ps2 can do that the xbox cant, youll never hear me bash Ps2 again. my word. as far as the gamecube thing goes I dont care everyone knows gamecube sucks well agree on that that gamepube thing was a typo, but it sounded good so i left it

MixMasta
03-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Im not ragging on PS2 dude im ragging on the fact that a lot of these developers make games around the PS2, with graphics are based on PS2. The XBOX can do alot more than the Ps2 graphic wise. Known fact. And If you can find something that the Ps2 can do that the xbox cant, youll never hear me bash Ps2 again. my word. as far as the gamecube thing goes I dont care everyone knows gamecube sucks well agree on that that gamepube thing was a typo, but it sounded good so i left it

i dont want to add fuel to the fire, but i prefer the cube over ps2.....metroid is an awesome game!!!!

Viper87227
03-12-2003, 09:45 PM

i didnt even see the gamepube thing.....what i was mosly talkinga bout is the POS2... i know everyone does it but it just really ****ed me off this time i dunno why....and as far as something the PS2 has that the xbox doesnt.... 1.) I huge library of games 2.) RPGs 3.) Higer Sales 4.) An overseas marked

like i said before each system has there strenghts and weaknesses... i guess my main point is lay of the crap like POS2 and all the crap about PS2 grafix ruining xbox games and such.. We all know xbox has better grafix no one needs to be reminded in every other post

im sorry you had to be the victem of all my *****ing....but it was gunna happen to someone sooner or later ne ways

SiGuy
03-12-2003, 09:45 PM
yeah Metroid is an awesome game but so is Grand Theft auto Vice City

Viper87227
03-12-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
i dont want to add fuel to the fire, but i prefer the cube over ps2.....metroid is an awesome game!!!!

ahh i think the flames are out ne ways.... besides I haev to agree metroid is awesome....but I honestly cant think of another cube exclusive game I like

Evil_Dr_Beefy
03-12-2003, 09:47 PM
Mmm..it sounded like an off hand remark....nothing to start a flame war over...

MixMasta
03-12-2003, 09:51 PM
yeah Metroid is an awesome game but so is Grand Theft auto Vice City

i liked gta3 better, but i just want to say every system has its stellar games, some more than others, and even though "love the games, not the consoles" is a good saying, i find it hard to follow, since i am not made of money, i cant have 10+ games for all three of the next gen systems, so that is why i tend to concentrate on one system, and put all my money in to that. that is why i love the xbox more than all the others, i thought it was the best system with the most potential, and that is why all my gaming money goes to xbox!

Snake Eyez
03-12-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
i liked gta3 better, but i just want to say every system has its stellar games, some more than others, and even though "love the games, not the consoles" is a good saying, i find it hard to follow, since i am not made of money, i cant have 10+ games for all three of the next gen systems, so that is why i tend to concentrate on one system, and put all my money in to that. that is why i love the xbox more than all the others, i thought it was the best system with the most potential, and that is why all my gaming money goes to xbox!

Hey MixMasta are there any SPECIAL requirement to become a member of the STD force?:eek:

LOL. Yes I am a medical nerd and find these types of things somewhat funny. You should when a whole bunch of use get together, it's like we are speaking another language.

thAshAdyOne
03-13-2003, 02:51 PM
yea dude lighten up