PDA

View Full Version : The Future of Xbox Live....................

Hitman101
03-12-2003, 09:04 PM
What does Microsoft have cooking for Live? Could your PC be involved? Read on to find out.....................

March 12, 2003 - In a recent interview with Spiegel Online, Microsoft Senior Vice President and Chief Xbox Officer Robbie Bach let slip a few potential tidbits regarding future plans for Xbox Live.
Bach noted that Microsoft was looking into expanding the multimedia aspects of Xbox Live and that MS was looking into the possibility of Live subscribers receiving game invites on their cell phones.

More interesting is Bach's admission that Microsoft was playing around with the idea of offering connectivity between the Xbox and PC. While Xbox gamers wouldn't be able to play head-to-head with PC users, Live subscribers would be able to create and edit settings and rankings for online games with their PC. Perhaps even create mods for use on Live-enabled games?

Both of these options are still in the "Hey, that would be cool" phase and are neither promised nor expected anytime soon. The statements do show, however, that Microsoft is looking to expand the functionality of Live beyond what consumers currently enjoy.

Bach refuted the notion that Microsoft was waiting until the next generation of consoles was out before coming after Sony and their titanic lead. Xbox' big man assured that Microsoft was building "a foundation for attack." He also promised that Sony would not have a head start in the next generation of consoles. "When PlayStation 3 arrives, we'll be ready!"

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/bio_bach.jpg
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/389/389020p1.html

shrew king
03-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Instead of having them worry about adding things, I think they should get the games they have out right now working good. I'd like to see more games as user friendly as MotoGP.

MixMasta
03-12-2003, 09:31 PM
sorry to burst your bubble, but brevity already beat you by a mile hitman! check the xbl forum, its in there...but none the less, cool stuff!

Hitman101
03-12-2003, 09:52 PM
eh...its ok just give the people there info.:cool:

canadianboi3
03-12-2003, 10:24 PM
Hmm, this sounds great. At least this still shows that they want to expand more. Imagine having mods. Custom Ghost Recon levels, skins, and guns. Imagine that. I start to drool thinking of that lol:)

Evil_Dr_Beefy
03-13-2003, 11:07 AM
I think that mods, level editors and a media service is going to be the future of the live service. I think that microsoft should focus on mods and level editors.....and have contests on who can make the best mod or design a new level.....it could be a cheap way to find up and coming talent

No Fear 23
03-13-2003, 02:30 PM
excellent news to hear about some new things about xbl

thAshAdyOne
03-13-2003, 02:53 PM
WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!

zoopy123
03-13-2003, 02:56 PM
They better support the Mac OS system if they make XBL enact with a computer. I'd hate to be paying for XBL if I can't take full advantage of it with my Apple comp. But seeing as it IS Microsoft... I can't expect much