PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 enemies and vehicles ROCK!

Smokin Penguin
03-12-2003, 09:33 PM
The new enemies that we are to be facing in Halo 2 are going to be BADA$$! The covenant are going to have an all new AI system, for example; the elite will be able to talk to the grunts and tell them to do moves so that they can surround you and try to kill you, but with your skills and new weapons you could stilll take them out by shooting down a tree and making it land on them!! : :eek:

There is an enemy that has fur on its forearm and on its shins and chest. It is muscular and stands kind of like an elite. It has SHIP armor on its head and left shoulder! It has a real sweet gun too! Then there are the leaders of the covenant, which I am pretty sure are unharmful. They are really smart though, so they could cause trouble!

The new vehicles are sweet too! No more sliding on the ice with the normal warthog! The new and improved one has tank traction! Another is camouflaged for taken out enemies in the forest! and last, but not least, a warthog has a cage on it to carry up to about 8 marines!

The only thing bad about all of this, is that we have to wait...

MixMasta
03-12-2003, 09:39 PM
DUHHHHHH!!! This game is guranteed to be sweet, we didnt need your "droolins" in our forum.....jk man, im just as pumped as you! this game is gonna be sweet! and your right, the bad thing is waiting! and now since it got delayed to 2004 this early in the year, i wouldnt be suprised if we didnt even see it till holiday season 2004!!!! but however long, it will be worth the wait! dam n icant stop hitting the $hift + 1 combo!!!

edit-haha, the thing blocked out $hift thinking it was *****

MixMasta
03-12-2003, 09:40 PM
ohh yea, almost forgot, WELCOME TO XBA DUDE!!!!:) :)

ps-sorry for the double post guys...

SiGuy
03-12-2003, 09:43 PM
If you just joined a forum to talk about Halo 2 and hype....... you joined the right forum. I think I speak for everyone when I say that this game is gonna rock. Welcome to the forums man

Variation-XBA
03-12-2003, 11:17 PM
You forgot to add, kicking over tables and hiding:D

shrew king
03-13-2003, 12:01 AM
It'll be a great game.

Welcome to the site Smokin.

MerimacHamwich
03-13-2003, 12:07 AM
What I am really excited about is the new multiplayer modes being incorporated. Just imagine a level where every character, be it a grunt, elite or marine is played by another human on Xbox Live. I am pretty sure they will exclude the Master Chief in this mode but who cares, it would be awesome anyway.

JJaX
03-13-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
What I am really excited about is the new multiplayer modes being incorporated. Just imagine a level where every character, be it a grunt, elite or marine is played by another human on Xbox Live. I am pretty sure they will exclude the Master Chief in this mode but who cares, it would be awesome anyway.

Im sure the character you select will just be a skin be everyone will be the same "class"

Think goldeneye. But i dont think you will be picking grunts, there to short and cheap.
Hopefully it will all be spartans, and we can customize logos on there arems or some thing.

gunsm0k3
03-13-2003, 09:29 AM
Where did you get all the info on Halo2? Sounds pretty shweet.

But since it's not going to be released til 2004... they are prolly waiting for the rollout of the next Xbox. Don't ya think?

I thought I read somewhere that Xbox2 will be out 2004 too.

Duke
03-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Xbox 2 is supposedly coming out 2005 or 2006 can't remember. anyway, certainly not by Q1 2004, which is when halo 2 is scheduled (as of now)

DZNUTZ
03-13-2003, 11:09 AM
i'm to hung over to list all the new and "cool" features they are adding...but heres 2 u forgot.

1. shooting out lights and using stealth tactics
2. holstering your weapon and running full speed

gunsm0k3
03-13-2003, 12:11 PM
OH MAN! Thats sounds good. I always though that halo moved too slow... but holstering the gun and running is good enough.

UGH! WHY 2004!?! ARGH!

MerimacHamwich
03-13-2003, 01:43 PM
The game really does portray Master Chief as a weakling compared to what his capabilities are in the book. I hope they make him play more like he should in Halo 2. Were talking jumping 10 feet in the air and running as fast as a cheetah.

studepaber
03-13-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i'm to hung over to list all the new and "cool" features they are adding...but heres 2 u forgot.

1. shooting out lights and using stealth tactics
2. holstering your weapon and running full speed

Whoa! I haven't heard of those two yet, although I haven't done extensive research on the game. *Does his best Monty Burns impression* EXCELLENT..............

No Fear 23
03-13-2003, 02:27 PM
indeed, some great news ;)

thAshAdyOne
03-13-2003, 03:02 PM
welcome my son...........

MerimacHamwich
03-13-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Im sure the character you select will just be a skin be everyone will be the same "class"

Think goldeneye. But i dont think you will be picking grunts, there to short and cheap.
Hopefully it will all be spartans, and we can customize logos on there arems or some thing.
I wouldn't really enjoy having a match full of Spartans as much. I mean, it would be fun and all but having all the different races and stuff would be awesome. I don't think the size differences would change all that much gameplay wise having grunts, elites and the other varieties. In Goldeneye it was a huge problem but in Halo I don't think it changes much. Just think about how easily it is to aim and kill grunts in single player.

E Nomini Patri
03-13-2003, 05:17 PM
Halo 2 multiplayer will include Master Chief's and Elites. Bungie said to imagine Halo's campaign aspect as the multiplayer where one team (say MC's) tries to take out a bunker or something, while the other team (Covenant) try to stop them. You can call for back up and get some air support, the possibilities are endless!

Kortiz
03-13-2003, 05:35 PM
what about the flood........i dont like the flood........*cries*

TheCovenant
03-13-2003, 07:00 PM
this is old news
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SiGuy
03-13-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
what about the flood........i dont like the flood........*cries* this has been puzzling me for a while. I wonder if the floods going to make a guest appearance in Halo 2. Or perhaps a new species...........

JJaX
03-14-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I wouldn't really enjoy having a match full of Spartans as much. I mean, it would be fun and all but having all the different races and stuff would be awesome. I don't think the size differences would change all that much gameplay wise having grunts, elites and the other varieties. In Goldeneye it was a huge problem but in Halo I don't think it changes much. Just think about how easily it is to aim and kill grunts in single player.

Think about the advantages of being shorter in these games. If you were the size of a grunt, but could still dish out and take damage you would be a harder target.

Imagine sniping across blood gulch, the grunt would have an obvious advantage.

DIGITAL
03-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
what about the flood........i dont like the flood........*cries* i love the flood ,it made halo a little scary to play:confused:

EHWfedPres
03-14-2003, 11:40 AM
I hope they still have the option to have every human player be a master chief dude cause that way, nobody has an unfair advantage by being faster than everyone else, etc.

JJaX
03-14-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I hope they still have the option to have every human player be a master chief dude cause that way, nobody has an unfair advantage by being faster than everyone else, etc.

Unless there was a anit-coop mode like perfect dark. Where there would be a player trying to get throught the level. And the other players could go into enemy bodies and try to stop them.

It was ahead of its time. But this could work with XBL and HALO2.

rothgar
03-17-2003, 01:28 PM
i still really want to know if it will have more than 2 team capabilities in multiplayer. at least 3 would be fun. could you imagine trying to play ctf with 3 teams?!? it would need to have more than 16 player capabilites though.

either way...im excited

l Maximus l
03-18-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by rothgar
i still really want to know if it will have more than 2 team capabilities in multiplayer. at least 3 would be fun. could you imagine trying to play ctf with 3 teams?!? it would need to have more than 16 player capabilites though.

either way...im excited

Yes, that would be PHAT

Pretty Hot And Tempting :D

XBOX Dude
03-21-2003, 07:30 PM
ALL POSTS INVOLVING HALO 2 SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't like going into a seizure falling and screaming halo two for an hour the ground is dirty and if i swallow my tounge again i don't think the doctor's gonna be able to sew it back on

GO HALO 2:D