PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Players Unite!

MerimacHamwich
03-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Speak your mind on Morrowind. Whether it be the PC or Xbox version.

I personally can't wait to see the Xbox expansion disc "Morrowind Gold" come out. I have Tribunal for PC and it adds a whole nwe layer to the game. I love it.
:)

Variation-XBA
03-13-2003, 03:18 PM
I just reinstalled mine since I borrowed my friends tribunal... now I know not to kill quest NPCs ;P

Havent tried the xbox version since I had the PC one first so dont know the differences, but I'm glad they didnt just drop the support, and will come with both addons

MerimacHamwich
03-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Heh, I have never actually killed a quest NPC. One time I went into a hut somewhere along the northwest coast and for somereason, I forget what exactly, the elf woman inside started going ape on me. Needless to say, I killed her.

You know that armor/weapons shop in Balmora owned/operated buy the woodelf? Well, when I had first got the game I saw the orcish stuff behind the counter and I really wanted it. The only problem was, there is the elf behind the counter and a gaurd like 5 feet away. So I opened the counter entry and planned my escape. I grabbed the orcish stuff, rann to the shelf with the other armor and started grabbing it on the way out (running backwards and grabbing off the shelf as I went.) The gaurd almost killed me but I reached the door just in time. It was awesome. Hehe. Although it a considerable amount of tries to get it right.
:)

Variation-XBA
03-13-2003, 05:31 PM
I used to be a theif, and this one shop had something on the shelf I REALLY wanted to steal :P Took me soo long to figure out, that if I used my invisibility spell, stole, and went right to sneak, they saw nothing, even if they were looking right at me :D

I havent played in sooo long... I was about 20-30 hours in..basically on last leg of guild quest, and about half way done main quest. When I started the game, i randonly killed 2 people... 1 was for main quest i was at (couldn't progress), and other was for the guild quest...so needless to say, I havent played since....but we fixed the hole in the wall :D

Qbas
03-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Well i myself aren't so really fond of Morrowind but still i don't hate it. It is just i get bored to it pretty quickly, possibly because of the walking and sometimes don't know what to do. But that works for some people but unfortunately not for me.

EHWfedPres
03-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Of all my Xbox games, Morrowind is one of my favorites, but I have lost interest in it as of late...mainly because I have a character more powerful than any in the game...

MerimacHamwich
03-14-2003, 11:32 PM
Are you the ehad of any house or guild? Did you finish the main quest? If not, I suggest you get back to playing, you will coe across some very awesome stuff.

Slayer02
03-15-2003, 01:18 AM
I played Morrowind until my character was 50 with about 2 other level 30 chars, completed nearly (nearly, not all) quests in the game, all guild, all house, all vampire, and so forth...

Kraft
03-15-2003, 02:26 AM
Im really looking forward to Gold, hopefully it will let us port our characters over. I stopped playing after about 250 hours as my guy was just too powerful and all i was doing was running around trying to find people for quest crap. when you are running through the red mountain smiting dagoths with one hit... you're about done with the game.

Shadow20002
03-15-2003, 10:06 AM
My character is on the level 100, now i am just try to get some fun by running around and do the rest of some quests. :rolleyes:

MerimacHamwich
03-15-2003, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I think they will have that option in Gold. As far as I can tell it only has the two expansions on the disc so you will still use your original Morrowind disc, just like on the PC. Some may think that is a rip off. Seeing as you have to pay 30$ for Gold and then another 20$ for Morrwind itself but I think it is an incredible deal. For the price of a brand new game you get a huge great game with two expansion discs. With most expansions on the PC you spend 3/4 the price of a full game on the expansion (1 expansion) and then you have to buy the game at full price as well.

Slayer02
03-20-2003, 07:40 PM
Wait wait wait, they are doing an expansion for xbox? LINK PLEASE!

LongBow
03-25-2003, 10:10 PM
I love Morrowind, much better than any of them constrictive, "Final Fantasy" games PS2 owners are so proud of, heh..

Once you finish the game, start over with a new race/skill set, helps an already huge game last longer, and any extra info on this "Gold" disk would be appreciated;)

... and can anyone see my sig?

Slayer02
03-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Yes it is Agent Smith Correct? Yes info on the gold disk would be appreciated.

LongBow
03-25-2003, 10:28 PM
Ah, Excellent! Thank you, Mister Anderson.. er I mean Slayer

ImmortalTech
03-28-2003, 12:58 PM
i rented it and loved it. it is crazy good i am bidding on it on ebay

Plutonium
04-07-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Of all my Xbox games, Morrowind is one of my favorites, but I have lost interest in it as of late...mainly because I have a character more powerful than any in the game...

I agree. I'm also stronger than any being in the game. I hope the expansion comes out with a greater challenge for high level characters.

Dulacc
04-08-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Plutonium
I agree. I'm also stronger than any being in the game. I hope the expansion comes out with a greater challenge for high level characters.

To me, that's kind of the downfall of the game. It is far too easy to get your character to a point where there is no real challenge left in the game. You can design enchanted items that take out the fatigue factor, and even the health factor for the most part.

LongBow
04-08-2003, 09:14 AM
Iv lost faith in any expansion coming to xbox.

Cryogenic Pyro
04-08-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Dulacc
To me, that's kind of the downfall of the game. It is far too easy to get your character to a point where there is no real challenge left in the game. You can design enchanted items that take out the fatigue factor, and even the health factor for the most part.
Or, you can just jump up and down hills and gain level ups if acrobatics is a major or minor skill.

Brnthngs
04-08-2003, 08:56 PM
You can actually fabricate spells to hold a constant effect. I modified one of my characters so that he had a strength of about 250. I could jump over buildings with out using a jump spell. It took all the fun out of the game. Nothing to do that could actually kill you any more. Ah well, as long as you don't cheat, it is still entertaining.

Humanarchy
04-12-2003, 02:32 AM
I love Morrowind. The coolest part is playing as a vampire. I'm almost done with the vamp. quests, so I think I'm gonna take the cure. Its kinda p*ssing me off that I can't complete the main quest as a vamp.

Hey, how do I get a Mark spell for my character?

Brnthngs
04-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Hey, how do I get a Mark spell for my character?

you have to go to the mage guilds, I think it's the one in Wolverine Hall to get the mark spell. Anyway, one of the mages have them. Look around if it's not there, just talk to everyone there and see what spells they have to offer.

Arrakis44
04-26-2003, 10:11 AM
Im thinking of getting this game pretty soon, but since i have a PC and a Box, which format does the game work best on. I know the game has gone platinum on XBox, but the lack of console expansions makes me consider the PC version.

Any thoughts?

John002
04-26-2003, 01:31 PM
I'd say get the PC version. My Xbox version was really buggy. Got so frustrated, I just stopped playing.

LongBow
04-26-2003, 08:57 PM
If you have a High end PC, get it for that. Lots of mods and crap, plus the xpacks. But if your PC sucks, and you want to get it super cheep, get it for the box.

Slayer02
04-28-2003, 02:28 PM
High end PC - PC
Low End PC - Xbox (expansions are coming in around november/december for xbox)

Arrakis44
04-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the advice, i think ill get it on the PC, (just upgraded recently so i think (Hope) it'll run well!)

Galen
04-28-2003, 08:05 PM
when is the expansion due out? for pc or xbox?

vikebv
04-30-2003, 10:44 AM
Bloodmoon for morrowind is already out(PC only) and Tribunal is already out. They aren't making any of those for Xbox however. Hopefully they will eventually come out with an expansion to Morrowind(for Xbox), I know I would buy it.

Vikebv

Galen
05-01-2003, 07:04 PM
are the PC "expansions" additions to the existing map of morrowind? or is it some whole new area? if so...can you travel between the two maps?

Galen
05-01-2003, 07:05 PM
can they make "expansions" for the xbox? or would it have to be a whole new game basically? I mean... I know the xbox has like at 8 gig hard drive...right? or something... can you "install" things on the xbox like extra levels?

Arrakis44
05-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Yes u can install new levels on the Hard Disk, thats how the new content off of live works, but it takes up a tonne of space.
So i dont think it would be feasible for an entire expansion pack to be installed on the HD.

Thats just an opinion though, im not sure how expansion packs would (or could) work on the Box.

MasterChief
05-02-2003, 07:58 PM
i like it

Slayer02
05-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Yes, they are making Tribunal for xbox, and bloodmoon I hear. Where do you get this nonsense? Read OXM, expansions will be here November or December, hang on guys. :cuss:

Arrakis44
05-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Ok so expansion packs are being made for the Box, i didnt say that they wouldnt. What i still dont know is how are they going to be implemented?

jaboo
05-04-2003, 12:34 PM
I jus killed the last NPC.......o dam.....wth am i gonna do nowwwww......

has ne1 tried fightin vivic......it's dam fun

pepitonet
05-05-2003, 05:28 PM
on xbox.com forums someone posted a letter that he sent to bethesa inc(the creators or morrowind) asking about whether any expansion would be realized on the xbox and they replied saying that it is not going to happen but they said that a new project is on the horizont of the xbox but it would not be an expansion

Teleteeps
05-06-2003, 12:03 AM
MW is too open ended, not enough detail

Teleteeps
05-06-2003, 12:04 AM
However, still about an 8.0 imo, not too bad

John002
05-06-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Teleteeps
MW is too open ended, not enough detail

"Too open ended". That's the best part.

:cheers: