PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Level available!!

Xeon
03-13-2003, 04:25 PM
Go download it fools!!!

I hope its good.

Variation-XBA
03-13-2003, 05:23 PM
Okie dokie :)

carlbme
03-13-2003, 05:39 PM
One of these days I'll actually get out and go to the store to get this game, lol.

Good to know that extra stuff is ready for me when I do get it.

Chiefroberts
03-13-2003, 07:17 PM
thanks dude! i thought it was coming out tomorrow. I started playing it and it is good and challenging.

wbio
03-13-2003, 07:41 PM
thanks for telling me, I guess I'll dl it when I get my xbox back

Variation-XBA
03-13-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by carlbme
One of these days I'll actually get out and go to the store to get this game, lol.

Good to know that extra stuff is ready for me when I do get it.

Go... now... run...wait overnight if its late.... :D just go get it!

Kraft
03-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Someone throw up a review of it in this thread after you've played it for a while; I'm curious to see some feedback on it :D

VenoM
03-13-2003, 10:15 PM
well......i just beat it..its a very short easy level imo....thought it would of been longer and tougher but it was fun....im sure this is only the first of many downloadable levels (i hope) so its cool

Flood
03-14-2003, 12:20 AM
now that i have an ethernet cable(thanks to Kraft), i can download it....maybe i'll get it tonight....maybe not...who knows

noodleboy
03-14-2003, 02:08 PM
rock on, I will dload it in about an hour :)

I bet it was short so they could see how fast/slow the dload would take with LIVE traffic.

RuffRyders
03-14-2003, 03:29 PM
yeah i dowloaded it already its cool. :cool:

Koopa
03-14-2003, 07:06 PM
im playing it on hard and trust me its not easy....btw, anyone have any tips for getting past that last part with masse?

BCan
03-14-2003, 08:24 PM
Well, from what the Australian OXM said, we will get this level on one of the next Australian OXM's - we don't have Live yet, so like with any other region that doesn't have Live, these things will hopefully be passed on via OXM...

Shadow20002
03-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Hopefully what you said is gonna really happen !! ;)

VenoM
03-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
im playing it on hard and trust me its not easy....btw, anyone have any tips for getting past that last part with masse?

ahh..use them 3 wall mines..before ya make masse d/l the info place a mine on the door the guys bust in through and then put the 2 others on each side of the door...then go back down and make masse do what he needs to do and when those mofos bust through the door they'll be toasty :D ..this was done on normal..dont know if its the same when its set to hard......the wall mines are on top of the cargo box next to the computers

edit: just beat it on hard so it works when ya play it on hard and normal....theres no difference when set to hard cept for your life going down more when fired at and one extra guy to deal with

Liquid Gears
03-15-2003, 03:14 PM
WHERE DO YOU DOWNLOAD IT??

VenoM
03-15-2003, 03:55 PM
the main menu in splinter cell where you start a game and go to options....at the bottom of the screen it says...."DOWNLOAD LEVELS"

Koopa
03-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by VenoM
ahh..use them 3 wall mines..before ya make masse d/l the info place a mine on the door the guys bust in through and then put the 2 others on each side of the door...then go back down and make masse do what he needs to do and when those mofos bust through the door they'll be toasty :D ..this was done on normal..dont know if its the same when its set to hard......the wall mines are on top of the cargo box next to the computers

edit: just beat it on hard so it works when ya play it on hard and normal....theres no difference when set to hard cept for your life going down more when fired at and one extra guy to deal with

lol i just found that out after about an hour of frustration trying to take out 4 guards with only my gun....then of course i died a few rooms later and gave up for the night :rolleyes: but on hard, sometimes they survive two wallmines! i saw one get hit with the blast, then proceeded to walk down that corridor thing to try and shot me, so i popped him in the head.

Liquid Gears
03-15-2003, 07:18 PM
the main menu in splinter cell where you start a game and go to options....at the bottom of the screen it says...."DOWNLOAD LEVELS"

Uhhhh............NO

I'm guessing you have to have XBL to do that. You guys might want to add that to this thread instead of making ever one think you can instantly download it out of no where

VenoM
03-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Uhhhh............NO

I'm guessing you have to have XBL to do that. You guys might want to add that to this thread instead of making ever one think you can instantly download it out of no where

uhh..how else would ya download a level?? :confused: of course you need xbl for content downloads :rolleyes: everybody knows that

Liquid Gears
03-15-2003, 09:56 PM
uhh..how else would ya download a level?? :confused: of course you need xbl for content downloads :rolleyes: everybody knows that

Hmm.......................

Ever think of OXM Demo Disc?

VenoM
03-15-2003, 10:46 PM
Hmm.......................

Ever think of OXM Demo Disc?

yea sure but when they say download of course they meant content download off xbl where else would ya get the extra level?:confused: did ya think the level was locked somewhere on the splinter cell disc :rolleyes: .course not...you need an internet conection to download it and the only way you can get online with xbox is through xbl...and of course you cant download it out of nowhere....the kola level isnt on a oxm disc(yet)...only way right now is content d/l via xbl so its obvious you need xbl to download it

MixMasta
03-16-2003, 10:25 AM
im wondering how does this level tie into the actual game plot???

JJaX
03-16-2003, 12:29 PM
Uhhhh............NO

Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me....

DOWNLOAD is the keyword here.

On say a PC gamer disc, when you add mods or levels to a FPS game, do you DOWNLOAD them off a disc, or do you install them? Moron. Its install incase you were confused....

Here read this:

download

vt. 1. [techspeak] To transfer data or (esp.) code
from a larger `host' system (esp. a mainframe) over a digital comm
link to a smaller `client' system, esp. a microcomputer or
specialized peripheral. Oppose upload. 2. [jargon] To fetch data
(especially large relatively standalone pieces of data like files
and images) over the wire from a remote location.

And your in college? :rolleyes:

JJaX
03-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
im wondering how does this level tie into the actual game plot???

Well grinko and Niko are dead from the main game. But remember the programmer Masse that you use your laser mic on inthe defense ministry level? Well hes still working along sides with Russia, and you have to help him die ;)