PDA

View Full Version : New KOTOR Trailer!

Dre
03-15-2003, 01:42 PM
Yup, just go to http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/ and you'll be able to watch the brand spankin new KOTOR trailer!

For anyone wondering, its been confirmed by Bioware and LucasArts for a June release on Xbox!!

Still downloading it myself, just thought I'd share the news asap while its 23 mb is slowly coming in

edit: found a direct link for anyone that wants to save it...

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/images/movies/swkotor_640.mov

BCan
03-15-2003, 05:48 PM
If you run your mouse over the picture, there is a smaller one that is only 5MB for trailer 2.....

Liquid Gears
03-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Looks good, except it doesn't look as good as I thought it would be. Still, I'm gonna rent it. and NO KOTOR WILL NOT BE THE BEST LOOKING GAMES ON ANY CONSOLE SYSTEM :rolleyes: The grafics aren't impressive at all.

BTW: RPG's SUCK

Variation-XBA
03-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Didnt see anything "amazing" and make me HAVE to have it...then again, I hate SW, so that probly dont help :P

Liquid Gears
03-15-2003, 07:32 PM
Exactly

STAR WARS IS DEAD CHUMPS
LIVE WITH IT!!

MerimacHamwich
03-15-2003, 09:29 PM
Liquid Gears is an illiterate fool!

Anyhow, I am downloading the trailer now.
:)

-edit-
I just watched the video and it was quite impressive. This game is going to rock.

Liquid Gears, I do not know how you can so thouroughly enjoy 2s fighters and say they have good graphics and then turn around and say this game does not have any potential for greatness. I guess you will just have to be shamed when it comes out and you have to retract your statements.

EHWfedPres
03-15-2003, 09:46 PM
Im downloading the trailer now...from what I have seen in previous videos, this game looks like alot of fun. I will certainly pick this up in June

Liquid Gears
03-15-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Liquid Gears is an illiterate fool!

Anyhow, I am downloading the trailer now.

-edit-
I just watched the video and it was quite impressive. This game is going to rock.

Liquid Gears, I do not know how you can so thouroughly enjoy 2s fighters and say they have good graphics and then turn around and say this game does not have any potential for greatness. I guess you will just have to be shamed when it comes out and you have to retract your statements.

There you go again Nitz, gettin' all offensive :rolleyes:

Brevity
03-15-2003, 11:01 PM
I could have gone for some more IN GAME footage, not so many cut sceen parts. But you can atleast tell that its better than that lame OXM demo footage. I am getting it for sure but I still wonder how good it will be.

TheCovenant
03-15-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Looks good, except it doesn't look as good as I thought it would be. Still, I'm gonna rent it. and NO KOTOR WILL NOT BE THE BEST LOOKING GAMES ON ANY CONSOLE SYSTEM :rolleyes: The grafics aren't impressive at all.

BTW: RPG's SUCK

Wow, you're a dork.

Merimac, I don't normally agree with you on the topic of graphics, but I agree with you in saying this game is going to rock.

I play 2d fighters and worship them, but to say they have good graphicsis like saying resident evil has accomplished toy story CG quality graphics.

The game looks like it's going to be an adventure to behold, like the first time you played ocarina of time. I cant wait to embark on such a visionary quest!

P.S.

HOLY CRAP! Brevity, that is one helluva cool sig you got! (you too merimac, you too....)

Liquid Gears
03-15-2003, 11:25 PM
Ok, why would you think that I think 2D Fighter grafics are better. Oh ok, since you choosed to compare KOTOR grafics over 2D Fighters. Then why don't I compare KOTOR grafics to Halo's, MGS2's, DOA3's, DOA EBV's, PGR's? Hmm.....let's see. KOTOR's are nothing compared to those games. That's why I said KOTOR isn't the best looking game on any console system. There's nothing impressive in KOTOR at all. So why the hell are you guys so nutz over it?

MerimacHamwich
03-16-2003, 12:10 AM
You are already changing your statements.

Anyhow, Brevity, I don't think there is that much cut scene footage, just near the end. Man, I can't wait to see some non-fuzzy game play footage.

TheCovenant, thanks for the complement.

VenoM
03-16-2003, 12:39 AM
Exactly

STAR WARS IS DEAD CHUMPS
LIVE WITH IT!!

no...street fighter is dead!! :rolleyes: star wars ownzz joooo :D this game is gonna be great

xboxgamer142
03-16-2003, 01:50 AM
Anyone who hates Star Wars is a complete piece of rotten spacejunk, cuz Star Wars is awesome and the trailer is too. I really liked it. The music is about the same (Luke's Theme), but there is new gameplay visuals and the ship exlposion at the end is great. KotOR is going to be one of the best games of the year.

JJaX
03-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Ok, why would you think that I think 2D Fighter grafics are better. Oh ok, since you choosed to compare KOTOR grafics over 2D Fighters. Then why don't I compare KOTOR grafics to Halo's, MGS2's, DOA3's, DOA EBV's, PGR's? Hmm.....let's see. KOTOR's are nothing compared to those games. That's why I said KOTOR isn't the best looking game on any console system. There's nothing impressive in KOTOR at all. So why the hell are you guys so nutz over it?

A) MGS2 graphics are laugable.

B) People dont play RPG game for the graphics.

D) If you only play games with "good graphics" i pity you.

C) Get a clue

*edit*

Wow, i just watched the movie, its gonna be great.

But i just got a great idea. The xbox needs a game like tie fighter. Imagine epic space battles on XBL. Kick ass

"ARRRGGGG THeres to many of them!!!"

MerimacHamwich
03-16-2003, 01:11 PM
JJax, think Star Wars Galaxies. That game has so much potential.

Koopa
03-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
A) MGS2 graphics are laugable.

B) People dont play RPG game for the graphics.

D) If you only play games with "good graphics" i pity you.

C) Get a clue

*edit*

Wow, i just watched the movie, its gonna be great.

But i just got a great idea. The xbox needs a game like tie fighter. Imagine epic space battles on XBL. Kick ass

"ARRRGGGG THeres to many of them!!!"

yeh. kotor is graphically equal with halo and splinter cell at LEAST, and blows away MGS2

as for a tie-fighter type game, we get crimson skies, which should have some awesome dogfights....
but for star wars space battles...have you ever played xwing alliance? that game was awesome:D its a sequel to xwing v tie fighter, and it was great...idunno how great it'd work on a console, though, just cuz its so sim-ish, and theres lots of actions that need hotkeys....they could have a context sensitive type thing (a la zelda 64 or conkers) so you'd press A for example, and depending on the situation, you'd like use you tractor beam, or dock with a resupply ship, or whatnot.

hmmmm whatabout Yager? if that comes to the US, and they give it live support...ah man that'd be great:D

JJaX
03-16-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
yeh. kotor is graphically equal with halo and splinter cell at LEAST, and blows away MGS2

as for a tie-fighter type game, we get crimson skies, which should have some awesome dogfights....
but for star wars space battles...have you ever played xwing alliance? that game was awesome:D its a sequel to xwing v tie fighter, and it was great...idunno how great it'd work on a console, though, just cuz its so sim-ish, and theres lots of actions that need hotkeys....they could have a context sensitive type thing (a la zelda 64 or conkers) so you'd press A for example, and depending on the situation, you'd like use you tractor beam, or dock with a resupply ship, or whatnot.

I stopped playing those games after tie fighter. I played x-wing, than tie fighter. Tie fighter was the best. I had a 486 at the time and couldnt run Xwing vs tie fighter or Xwing alliance.

Maybe ill check that out now

MerimacHamwich
03-16-2003, 01:31 PM
I played X-Wing vs Tie Fighter but that is the only one.

JJaX
03-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I played X-Wing vs Tie Fighter but that is the only one.

I know my favorite is tie fighter.

And for people that have played all the games, they still say tie fighter is the best.

Give that one a try ;)

MerimacHamwich
03-16-2003, 01:38 PM
Its sooo old though.
I will probably try it out anyway.

Dre
03-16-2003, 01:58 PM
A new wing commander would be sweet! Especially if it had XBL support for massive ship fighting!!

Maybe, you could have some ships where its 2 players to a ship type thing. One to pilot and has front guns, and co-pilot with aft and side guns. These could be the heavier artillery type ships...

Then you could have speedier ships with less power and maybe only one player per ship type thing... oh man, so many ideas!! *drools*

l Maximus l
03-17-2003, 11:20 AM
I really hope Lucasarts pulls this off.

No offense to dudes that are excited about this game, but, I have yet to play a single Lucasarts game that has awesome graphics or good gameplay. Now, I think they have the ability to pull off graphics...the screens look really nice. But, gameplay is what I'm seriously concerned about with KOTOR only because it's developed by Lucasarts.

Again, I really hope they pull it off...I just hope this doesn't become like a Morrowind SW style.

Also, does anyone know if KOTOR is going to be XBL?

Spaztic
03-17-2003, 12:27 PM
I honestly think this game is going to be lame. I lost all respect for the entire Star Wars franchise since there last string of dog crap, games, movies, blowup dolls....Like maxy said there hasn't been one game out that had didn't have subpar graphics and gameplay with a beautiful star wars label smacked on it.

MerimacHamwich
03-17-2003, 12:48 PM
Knights of the Old Republic is the offline RPG for Xbox gamers. Star Wars: Galaxies is the Xbox Live MMORPG for Xbox gamers. I can't wait until both of them come out.

Liquid Gears
03-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Personally I think the best Star Wars game is that Star Wars Trilogy in the Arcade. Everything else is pretty bad in my point of view. SW Galaxzies looks pretty intresting though

Hitman101
03-18-2003, 03:20 PM

Did you say MGS2 ???? HAHAHHA, your one funny guy.:D