PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mr. Gates...

davidx
03-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Xbox really sucks ass. I havn't bought a game in months, and when I rent , 85% of the time I'm disapointed.

Also Bill, why is it that all the games I look forward too keep getting pushed back? With all your resources and funding can't you assemble a bunch of jackasses who'll make a decent game and release it on time? Didn't think so.

I swear to you Bill Gates...if HALO 2 is a huge letdown I will take my Xbox and shove it up your ass.

Seriously...all I've been using my Xbox for is the DVD player. Put out some awsome games...soon! And for the love of god, quit with the ****in' JAP games--that ruined RAW and will make for more crap games.

I wish i didn't hate PS2 and LAMECUBE so much, or I'd trade in my Xbox. Thank GOD for my PC...that keeps me busy.

Oh yeah, before all you fanboys flame the hell outta me, answer me this:

To shut me the hell up, name a game i should buy. Cause honestly, besides HALO, MORROWIND, HITMAN2 & SPlinter Cell the selection of games is LACKING!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bring on the flamers...

X

Highlite23
03-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Well, I would love to shut you up....but we are dealing in opinions. So whats the point of giving you a list of games "I" enjoy. All you'll do is tell me "That game sucks"

Sorry you feel the way you do.

shrew king
03-17-2003, 12:03 AM
Xbox really sucks ass.

Who's ass does it suck?

I havn't bought a game in months, and when I rent , 85% of the time I'm disapointed.

Don't rent as much games.

Also Bill, why is it that all the games I look forward too keep getting pushed back?

First of all, you are asking the wrong person, Bill Gates doesn't make the games for Xbox or decide when they are released. Secondly, they are delayed so they won't suck and be buggy.

With all your resources and funding can't you assemble a bunch of jackasses who'll make a decent game and release it on time?

Why would he want a jackass to make games for the Xbox?

Didn't think so.

Why ask a question when you know the answer?

I swear to you Bill Gates...if HALO 2 is a huge letdown I will take my Xbox and shove it up your ass.

Is that a promise? Bill Gates has nothing to do with Halo 2 but whatever gets you off..

Seriously...all I've been using my Xbox for is the DVD player.

Neat.

Put out some awsome games...soon!

That'll get 'em up and running. :rolleyes:

I wish i didn't hate PS2 and LAMECUBE so much, or I'd trade in my Xbox. Thank GOD for my PC...that keeps me busy.

Hating something is a choice, go buy a PS2 or Gamecube if you're unhappy with your Xbox, we don't want to hear your b*tching.

To shut me the hell up, name a game i should buy. Cause honestly, besides HALO, MORROWIND, HITMAN2 & SPlinter Cell the selection of games is LACKING!!!!!!!

Why the hell would I care if you keep your Xbox or not? Seriously, you are doing this just so you can have some stupid little debate, if you don't like the damn console, take it back, I know I won't lose sleep over it.

Slayer02
03-17-2003, 12:23 AM
I agree, but to name a good overall few. Ghost Recon, Halo, Medal of Honor, MotoGP, Unreal Championship, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Hunter The Reckoning, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, TimeSplitters 2, Baldur's Gate Deadly Alliance. Tons of great games out there just you're picky.

Variation-XBA
03-17-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by davidx

But in reality you won't/can't do a thing:) ;) :cool:
http://www.ileet.net/images/juice.jpg

davidx
03-17-2003, 01:59 AM
But I'm still waiting for a decent game.

Believe me, I want a new game. Playing SOF2 online (which rocks) in front of a PC is nothin' compared to XBL from the couch.

But I'm still waiting...

Oh yeah, thanks for the recommendations, but ...
...Medal of Honor, MotoGP, Unreal Championship, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Hunter The Reckoning, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, TimeSplitters...are all LACKING. No replay value (except for Unreal Champ. XBL but it's WEAK!)

What's Baldur's Gate Deadly Alliance? And how long till Project Ego?

****en' he11,

X

RudedogX
03-17-2003, 09:13 AM
Funny that you didn't respond to the Ghost Recon suggestion there. Either way, a game tends to be what you make it. I've played several games that were deemed terrible by the general public that I found fairly good, while others that were deemed amazing, I found boring and no fun at all. So as Highlight already said, it's your opinion. No need to flame, though it seems as if you are trying to get flames. Finally, like Shrew said, why should we care exactly if you get rid of your Xbox or not? It's not going to hurt us any.:rolleyes:

CarGuy
03-17-2003, 03:11 PM
I own a PS2 and XBox and Xbox games are much, much better. I only own G.T.A III, Vice City, and Gran Turismo 3. I own three times as much on the Xbox. A lot of people seem to overlook how nice it is not to have to deal with memory cards and Xbox has digital surround sound in game, not just the cinema's. Most PS2 games i have to turn up the brightness on my TV because the graphics are so dark. I think you're disapointment won't be cured by getting another console. Try this: go back and play some SNES or NES games for a week or so and then you'll appreciate your xbox a lot more.

Kraft
03-17-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by CarGuy
Try this: go back and play some SNES or NES games for a week or so and then you'll appreciate your xbox a lot more.

I hate to crap on your post, but there are a lot of SNES and NES games I like WAY more than most of my xbox games :D

Variation-XBA
03-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
I hate to crap on your post, but there are a lot of SNES and NES games I like WAY more than most of my xbox games :D

** dusts off Super Metroid and Bubble Bobble **:)

davidx
03-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Thannks for the input Carguy, but honestly, besides my PC games all I play is WWF NO MERCY on N64. There will never be a better wrasslin' game (imo).

I admitt it: I havnt tried Ghost Recon yet.

But I'm still waiting for that Xbox-par game that will make HALO look like nothing but a launch title game...which of course it is (and like all of you's, I looove Halo too).

Still waiting....

X

PS _ Where's Project Ego?
PPS - Where's true Crimes: Streets of LA?
PPPS - Oh forget it...

y2kash_14
03-18-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by CarGuy
. Try this: go back and play some SNES or NES games for a week or so and then you'll appreciate your xbox a lot more.

i know your trying to make a point, but i have to say that the SNES and the NES are the two greatest videogame systems ever created, anyone who knows anything about the history of videogames can tell you that.

RudedogX
03-18-2003, 09:05 AM
And here I always thought that Sega Genesis was a good system.:(

Variation-XBA
03-18-2003, 12:07 PM
i miss my 3do :(

LTM360
03-22-2003, 07:59 PM
I miss my Game.com :rolleyes:
actually, I love my NES and the Contra Series (not Contra Force...)
All the Mario's...:sigh:.... **Goes into 4yr old state I was in 10 years ago** Man I was so hooked on SNES I burnt a hole in my adapter, and wall outlet...yeah, those were they good 'ol days, when I almost set our house on fire...:D

Xbox Owner
03-23-2003, 02:00 AM
God. It's people like you that make me mad. You rant and rave about anything and everything. I'm sorry, but if you don't like Xbox, trade it in. If PC is so much better, trade your Xbox in. Since you hate Xbox so much, why waste time making threads about it?

ARONO129
03-23-2003, 09:47 AM
Xbox really sucks ass. I havn't bought a game in months, and when I rent , 85% of the time I'm disapointed.

Also Bill, why is it that all the games I look forward too keep getting pushed back? With all your resources and funding can't you assemble a bunch of jackasses who'll make a decent game and release it on time? Didn't think so.

Seriously...all I've been using my Xbox for is the DVD player. Put out some awsome games...soon! And for the love of god, quit with the ****in' JAP games--that ruined RAW and will make for more crap games.

To shut me the hell up, name a game i should buy. Cause honestly, besides HALO, MORROWIND, HITMAN2 & SPlinter Cell the selection of games is LACKING!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bring on the flamers...

X

There were threads like this one year ago just about six months after launch. There aren't many like this today because now there are lots of great games for the Xbox. They have been mentioned here.

The PS2 with it's huge library of games really doesn't have more great games than the Xbox. The PS2 just has more games.

I doubt you would be happy with the GC because as you know it doesn't play DVD's. And online games for the GC? Forget it.

As for playing games on the PC. Yes it was fun but upgrading every few months sure wasn't. It's beyond frustrating when you bring home that PC game you really like only to find it runs slow or choppy because either you need to buy more memory or your video card that was top of the line is now not powerful enough.

ALC
03-30-2003, 04:49 AM
Xbox really sucks ass.

I wish i didn't hate PS2 and LAMECUBE so much, or I'd trade in my Xbox.

Ever thought you just don't like games? Or maybe you aren't any good at them?

Knight
03-30-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
Well, I would love to shut you up....but we are dealing in opinions. So whats the point of giving you a list of games "I" enjoy. All you'll do is tell me "That game sucks"

Sorry you feel the way you do.

You do have the power to shut him up.

You are a Mod.

Knight
03-30-2003, 09:09 AM

Bring on the flamers...

X

Are you trying to eveyone to hate you?

Don't come into a XBox forum & bash the XBox jerk.

Shadow Fox
03-31-2003, 08:04 AM
Knight, why in the hell did you send me a PM linking to this thread??!!

If the guy ain't happy with his Xbox, oh freakin' well. Ebay the damn thing and buy a stack of CD's or something...

Granted, I definately own more GCN and PS2 games, but that doesn't make the Xbox crap. There are at least a few games (BC, Fable, Brute Force, Kameo, Malice, etc) that I'm looking forward to this year that should be more than worthwhile.

Tell you what- get a PS2 and GCN to bide you time in between Xbox releases...that'll make things a bit easier I suppose. Better yet, start up a new character in Soul Calibur II Conquest Mode. That way you get to get your game on, without having to sacrifice your social life.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

Knight
03-31-2003, 02:28 PM
This just shows how Nintendo Fanboy like Shadow Fox feel it's ok to bash XBox, If I was to say what davidx but to have it about the gc Sf & other Nintendo fanboys would be name calling left & right.

Anyone who's not pro-nintendo are hated by trolls like SF.
I don't care if the Nintendo trash in this forum hates me.

Nintendo fanboys feel you don't have a right to have a opinions if it's not pro-nintendo.

Shadow Fox
03-31-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Knight
This just shows how Nintendo Fanboy like Shadow Fox feel it's ok to bash XBox, If I was to say what davidx but to have it about the gc Sf & other Nintendo fanboys would be name calling left & right.

Anyone who's not pro-nintendo are hated by trolls like SF.
I don't care if the Nintendo trash in this forum hates me.

Nintendo fanboys feel you don't have a right to have a opinions if it's not pro-nintendo. First off, what the hell are you talking about?

2nd, the thread starter didn't bash Xbox, he just said he may be taking it back since there aren't "enough games" in his opinion. Scroll the Debate Area threads and see the dozens of the same complaints about GCN by peeps like yourself. Most are barely 2 posts long- they are ignored, pretty much like this one.

How in the hell am I trolling or bashing Xbox? I just sat here and defended the damn thing, and here you go labeling people.

If this was your whole reason for linking me here, you did a bad job- I ain't trolling or bashing, yet you are ("SF and Nintendo fanboys, etc").

Better yet, I'll just leave it alone- you've made yourself look silly enough already (if not for the lack of punctuation, your aimless post).

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

davidx
04-01-2003, 05:33 AM
Why not sit back & enjoy a nice, tall glass of shut-up juice.

I'm entitled to my opinion--and the truth is, right now there are way better games for PS2 & GC.

*To the jerk who suggested that I am an idiot for "bashing xbox" in an xbox fourm: What, are we in Iraq? Can't I voice an opinion? If Xbox were so great, i wouldnt be complaining.

I still hold faith that an amazing game will surface.

X

RudedogX
04-01-2003, 08:41 AM
Ya know...it's funny to me. You claim that you are waiting for this be all and end all of games to come to the XBox and then you get excited about a cheezy ass title like Scariest Police Chases (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33862).

My suggestion, know what you like and avoid the rest of the BS. Honestly, I could care less if you get rid of the XBox. You bought it, it's your perogative to do with it what you will. In the meantime, this was at least good for a laugh.:rolleyes:

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 01:27 PM
davidx, go cry to somebody who actually cares if your needs arent being met. Poor baby...go cry to mommy and get the hell out of here.

davidx
04-01-2003, 11:01 PM
All you knobs want to jump up & defend Xbox, but whose naming stellar titles?

Nobody.

Why?

Cause there are NONE.

80% of these new releases are LAME. "EHW", wasn't it you who was looking forward to Fist of Lotus? Well I rented it--lacking.

So far, your input shows me that I'm obviously trying to communicate with a bunch of fanboy morons.

But as stated earlier...I do believe. I at least want a rental that'll entertain me (maybe Red Faction II...?)

Mark my words: when you hear David X give a game praise--it really rawks.

Flame on, flamers.

X

shrew king
04-01-2003, 11:15 PM

Nobody.

Why?

Cause there are NONE.

80% of these new releases are LAME. "EHW", wasn't it you who was looking forward to Fist of Lotus? Well I rented it--lacking.

So far, your input shows me that I'm obviously trying to communicate with a bunch of fanboy morons.

But as stated earlier...I do believe. I at least want a rental that'll entertain me (maybe Red Faction II...?)

Mark my words: when you hear David X give a game praise--it really rawks.

Flame on, flamers.

X

You're right, Xbox sucks. There aren't any titles for it that are good. Stop being an attention whore and leave, because this debate is old, worn out, and there is no point in it anymore. If you want a list of games do some searching, I have done this for people (giving lists of good games) only for them to criticize the list and disregard me being nice.

Do you seriously think that we are all here just for the hell of it? If we didn't like Xbox there would be little reason to stay, so that must tell you something. Stop trying to convince us of something that is a matter of opinion and always will be an opinion.

So once again, if you want to actually contribute some intelligence to the site, stop pleading for us to convince you of how good the Xbox is. Most of us here like it, if you don't, that is fine, but we don't need to hear about it.

Variation-XBA
04-02-2003, 01:23 AM

http://www.ileet.net/images/attwhore.jpg

bretman1234
04-09-2003, 01:16 PM
I'm entitled to my opinion--and the truth is, right now there are way better games for PS2 & GC.

*To the jerk who suggested that I am an idiot for "bashing xbox" in an xbox fourm: What, are we in Iraq? Can't I voice an opinion? If Xbox were so great, i wouldnt be complaining.

X

truth is that you are entitle to your opinion, and the truth is that if you want to voice your opinion, you can go voice it on some xbox bashing site. Truth also is that i couldn't give two ****s if you shove your xbox up anyones ass. Personally that makes you sound *** if you want to touch a billionaires ass, but that is just MY opinion. This isn't an xbox bashing site, its a site where we bash the xbox bashers.

Oh and another thing. You said that you hated ps2 and LAMECUBE in the beginning. Now you are telling me that there are way better games on PS2 and GC. THAT IS YOUR OPINION and we dont care about you.

The things that are capable with an xbox can even go beyond that of a PC. On an xbox, we can implant a mod chip, install a larger hard drive, and we are able to download any game that we like off of our computers. We can over 30 of them on our hard drive (depending on the size of it) and go on vacation. We can bring our xbox and we dont even need to bring cds. Now im not too sure but I dont think that you can do that on your PC.

And for this business on not having good games on xbox. of course there will be better games on a computer. Fact is that there are so many companies that make games for computer that they outnumber console companies 5 to 1. Online games will obviously be better on computer but that is a given because it is already hooked up to the internet, which was made about 10 years ago. Correct me if im wrong but online console gaming first came out with the dreamcast, which wasn't too long ago.

So davidx, go away. Go run to your little PC and have sex with it or whatever you do because if your willing to touch bill gates' ass than you must be willing to "insert **** into disc tray"

RudedogX
04-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Ya know...it's funny to me. You claim that you are waiting for this be all and end all of games to come to the XBox and then you get excited about a cheezy ass title like Scariest Police Chases (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33862).

My suggestion, know what you like and avoid the rest of the BS. Honestly, I could care less if you get rid of the XBox. You bought it, it's your perogative to do with it what you will. In the meantime, this was at least good for a laugh.:rolleyes:
I repeat.:D

Hugh_Jass
04-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by bretman1234
Online games will obviously be better on computer but that is a given because it is already hooked up to the internet, which was made about 10 years ago.

The Internet has been around much longer than ten years. Check out this
timeline (http://www.zakon.org/robert/internet/timeline/) if you're interested.

bretman1234
04-09-2003, 05:49 PM
Thanx Hugh Jass

South Park Kicks ASS

The_Ice_Man
04-09-2003, 08:06 PM
i wonder how slow the internet wouldve been then.

FuNkY mOnK
04-10-2003, 06:36 AM
Why didn’t he send his letter to Bill Gates as this was to be the final destination as per this thread, instead he sent it here. Oh well another letter Bill Gates wont get. Hope we learned from this mistake.

Hugh_Jass
04-10-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by The_Ice_Man
i wonder how slow the internet wouldve been then.

Back in the day all Internet traffic was text. It didn't have to be very fast. Even after people started trading games, early games were well under 1M and fit on a floppy. Music trading consisted of MIDI or MOD files. Heck, my first modem was 300/1200 baud (47 times SLOWER than a 56K modem) and it was considered high-speed! :)

beekster101
04-17-2003, 08:11 PM
The main reason I don't buy games these days is the price. Most of these games are beat in days and cost like 50$. Not worth it at all in my opinion. Renting is better for me.

l Maximus l
04-23-2003, 05:58 AM
Judging games is way too subjective. Before making a comment about the entire system and making a general statement that the "XBox sucks ass", you may want to check out all the games.

There are so many great games for XBox that it's absurd. If you don't like the current games and are looking forward to specific games, just be patient.

Folken
04-23-2003, 09:33 AM
I answer this thread, cause when i read these posts, i see that américans and europeans....we are the same...
We have the same questions, ....there is boys bushing xbox only for pleasure...etc.....
But what i whant to say here and now is that :

I play video games since i have 8 years old, i had Master system, genesis, super famicom, ultra 64, pay station, dreamcast, ps2....

I have to admit that i never enjoyed like i do today whith my xbox!!
I have to admit that Ms has done a wonderful job for his xbox and xbox live is a révolution for me!!

But each one his opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLAY MORE!!!!!!!!!

Variation-XBA
04-23-2003, 10:18 AM
http://www.ileet.net/images/diethreaddie.jpg

Sab HIMself
04-23-2003, 11:57 PM

Arrakis44
04-26-2003, 03:50 PM
Im really dont understand what your on about. You come into the forum create a post about how much u hate your Xbox, ask for other people to suggest games, and why? Just so u can say u hate all the games as well?

If u dont like the games on the XBox why flame at Bill Gates, do u think that he makes all the games for the Xbox? He has nothing to do with the games or the release dates!

Honestly it sounds to me like u dont care about solving ur problems, u just want to ***** about them.

Jeeez give it a rest!

Variation-XBA
04-26-2003, 04:24 PM
http://www.ileet.net/images/stupidthread.gif

Let it die already :P

sinfulgothic
04-27-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Variation
i miss my 3do :(

Remember "Way of the Warrior" ??

Man, that game had some buggy controls, but at the time, it put Mortal Kombat to shame in the gore department.

BeanKenzaki
05-17-2003, 04:28 PM
:eek:

Knight why did you PM me this garbage?

lord.........Repetitive nonsense i swear..... dont pm me anymore knight...

god kids these days...

*goes back playing NeverWinter Nights*

bretman1234
05-18-2003, 10:13 AM
hehe, this thread is pretty funny to read over again