PDA

View Full Version : What size hd does my Xbox have?

Cyclone
03-17-2003, 05:55 PM
I know that Xbox's have 2 different hard drive sizes..10gb and 8gb. I just bought my Xbox today and I'm wondering how big the hd is? I'm too lazy to get the model number right now but it's the one that comes bundled with the 2 games and controller S. I'm sure I could find this online somewhere but I'm too lazy to look and the manual doesn't say anything.
Also while we're on the topic of hard drive space, what kind of compression does the Xbox use on music that you rip? Does it use WMA or what?

Cyclone
03-17-2003, 05:59 PM
Another thing..
I thought the Xbox couldn't read CDR's? It's reading mine fine without trouble

LynxFX
03-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Your xbox harddrive is 8Gigs. They all are. Even the ones with the 10gig drives. They are still formated to 8gigs.

As for the compression for the audio I'm not sure. But seeing how it is microsoft you can probably guess that it is wma or a form of it.

Some CD-R's the xbox can read just fine.

xboxman_1
03-17-2003, 06:08 PM
It doesnt matter, because the 10 gb were partitioned off so they only use 8 gb...and they only shipped a few thousand of those, so considering your is new, its has 8 gb.

Cyclone
03-17-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
Your xbox harddrive is 8Gigs. They all are. Even the ones with the 10gig drives. They are still formated to 8gigs.

As for the compression for the audio I'm not sure. But seeing how it is microsoft you can probably guess that it is wma or a form of it.

Some CD-R's the xbox can read just fine.

heh, I'm glad somebody shares the same opinion with me about EA....
Thanks for the info btw. I'm ripping a bunch of my cds to the Xbox right now because SegaGT 2002's music sucks! Plus this will be neat to use as an mp3 player (excuse me, WMA player) sometimes. I wish i could transfer music over network to it. That'd be badass!

MerimacHamwich
03-17-2003, 06:39 PM
You will find many people on this website who share your hatred of EA, myself being one of them.

Variation-XBA
03-17-2003, 11:33 PM
me too :)

l Maximus l
03-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Ditto here, too :)

Kortiz
03-18-2003, 04:24 PM
i'd hit it!!!