PDA

View Full Version : EA hates XBOX

xboxinstinct
03-17-2003, 06:43 PM
It seems to me EA wants XBOX to fail by not supporting xbox live. Since they probably think that xbox live would kick PS2 online's service's ass. Since this seperates xbox from ps2 and makes xbox far superior.

Highlite23
03-17-2003, 06:55 PM
The one thing that doesn't make sence to me is, that these companies are all about the money.

Wouldn't you make more money by supporting all consoles??

ehh...what do I know:rolleyes:

DZNUTZ
03-17-2003, 06:57 PM
http://www.ileet.net/images/mariah.gif

xboxinstinct
03-17-2003, 07:00 PM
lyea true but EA has a deep hatred for XBOX and they even amitted to it.

MerimacHamwich
03-17-2003, 07:16 PM
Correction, EA hates gamers.

Nameless
03-17-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
http://www.ileet.net/images/mariah.gif

O.T, but thats a nice ass.

yea true but EA has a deep hatred for XBOX and they even amitted to it.
When?

Cyclone
03-17-2003, 08:08 PM
EA's just ****ed because they'd have to pay MS to use the Xbox live service and wouldnt make any money from it.
No big loss though...EA and Eidos suck now imo

Kortiz
03-17-2003, 08:18 PM
EA is against MS because of money!

EA wants to charge you and me a monthly fee to put them online.

EA and Eidos dont like the idea that they cant charge extra for online content. So be it.

oh...and i believe they are not supporting MS because they would make a ****load of money by charging.

Have you noticed EAs decline in online achievement? THEY ARE PRACTICALLY TAKING A SHlT ON THEIRSELVES YO!

All business. MS is filling their pockets and at the same time giving their gamers a great deal. EA and Eidos dont like that...you get big and dont like being under control. i say screw em. Laura Croft stopped being fun after their 2nd installment and EA......well........my opinion is the same as many others here.

Sega for sports and all else i will quinch my thirst on the computer.

no BB where im at......so what little gaming experience i get on the pc is enough for me.

yeah....

Cyclone
03-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
EA is against MS because of money!

EA wants to charge you and me a monthly fee to put them online.

EA and Eidos dont like the idea that they cant charge extra for online content. So be it.

oh...and i believe they are not supporting MS because they would make a ****load of money by charging.

Have you noticed EAs decline in online achievement? THEY ARE PRACTICALLY TAKING A SHlT ON THEIRSELVES YO!

EA starting going down hill to me around 1998. Every since then, they havnt put many games out that I actually enjoy.
Eidos on the other hand...I've always hated them :P

Kortiz
03-17-2003, 08:37 PM
ill tell ya, the only reason BF1942 is popular is because there is no monthly fee. if there was.........you jokers actually think the game would be as popular as it is?

MerimacHamwich
03-17-2003, 08:53 PM
EA did not make Battle Field 1942. DICE made it and it is actually a great game. I give alot of respect to DICE for thier work on Battle Field 1942. Expecially since EA published it and EA are notorious for ruining projects even if they are just publishing them. Battle Field 1942 is a great game. It would have been even better if EA did not publish it.

No Fear 23
03-17-2003, 09:01 PM
EA just has a bad group of ppl who runs it.

if they have new ppl that understands and knows how to do something, EA will be great.

ya know?

but as for now, fuk EA!!

Kortiz
03-17-2003, 09:01 PM
publishers say YAY to charge for online or would Dice say YAY for online charging? or mutaul contract agreement?

oh, dont get me wrong. I LOVE BF1942. i would love it even more if i had a better computer.....atm gas money is all i can afford so im stuck with my 800mhz duron. when i get a job this summer.....ill upgrade and ish

Evil_Dr_Beefy
03-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by xboxinstinct
It seems to me EA wants XBOX to fail by not supporting xbox live. Since they probably think that xbox live would kick PS2 online's service's ass. Since this seperates xbox from ps2 and makes xbox far superior.

I don't think they hate the xbox...it's all about money and egos...i really hope they (microsoft and EA) work something out......

Knight
03-18-2003, 12:18 PM
The reasons behind EA's decision not to support Live haven't been elaborated upon publicly by the publisher, but it's safe to say that it all boils down to a matter of control. Microsoft wants to keep as much of the marketing, branding, billing and hosting of Xbox Live under its control as possible; EA, however, wants to be able to change all of these aspects around in order to suit itself.

Microsoft's argument would be that this would potentially be detrimental to the quality of the Xbox Live service to end users. They're not wrong, either; sources have indicated to gi.biz that one of EA's demands is that they should be allowed to turn off servers for old versions of games as soon as they release new versions. So, for example, your copy of FIFA 2003 would stop working on Xbox Live as soon as FIFA 2004 showed up - a handy way to force punters to upgrade for EA, but not a great reflection on the Xbox Live service as a whole.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=new&aid=1388

This goes to show the jerks EA is.

RudedogX
03-18-2003, 12:20 PM
It's called capitalism at it's finest.:rolleyes:

Highlite23
03-18-2003, 01:22 PM
Nice post Knight............

Just goes to show ya', it isn't always what it seems. I read that EA didn't agree with Microsofts philosophy.
That statement can be taken in a variety of ways.

Well, knowing what we know now, I kinda don't agree with EA's philosophy, and i'm kinda glad MS isn't giving in.

MerimacHamwich
03-18-2003, 02:07 PM
What EA don't understand is that Xbox Live is a Microsoft service. Why should Microsoft give control of their service over to a completely different company? Would they like it if Microsoft took over thier research and decelopment wing? I doubt it. Why would you trust another, competitors, company with handling your own service. It makes no sense.

xboxmaster2002
03-18-2003, 03:44 PM
They Just don't want to support Xbox Live because they are to lazy to do the extra work. They won't even put system link in games much less live support. 90% of there games or bad anyway sony can keep them.

Kortiz
03-18-2003, 03:56 PM
kool, so all sports games will be on live from now until forever?

i never thought about it, but it would seem pretty logical to stop using nfl2k3 once nfl2k4 comes out....but then again....nfl2k4 may suck big fatass donkey ballz dipped in bird sheet!

l Maximus l
03-18-2003, 03:59 PM
I understand that Microsoft poured around $3 Billion of it's own cash to build XBox Live. So, why in the hell would MS want to give any ability for EA to benefit from it from a financial standpoint? If you ask me, I think EA would be benefitting greatly if they allowed their games to be XBL compatible. The main reason is for XBox owners to buy their games. I can't tell you dudes how many games I've shunned away because they do not or will not have the ability to play on XBL. Take Brute Force for example...I'm not buying it unless it's XBL compatible.

Kortiz
03-18-2003, 04:21 PM
it was supposed to be......but well.....it wouldnt be out until 2004 if it did. and it has already been a year since it was supposed to come out LOL

fowlowl
03-18-2003, 04:41 PM
I dont care about EA, I wasnt planning on buying any of their games anyways.

They sure screwed up the Bond series.

sniperdoggy
03-19-2003, 02:55 AM
they sure did ruin it why did rare give it away?????

Heavens Gate
03-20-2003, 09:22 AM
Do what I do. Pirate all their PC software. I have a burning program that will copy even the most hard to copy PC games.