PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Xbox?!

HaloMasterVI
03-17-2003, 11:44 PM
I hate Sega for abandoning the DC. I owned a DC and was very satisfied with the quality of the games and even more so the hardware(built-in modem). I saw a PS2 at launch and was not impressed and didn't really see the difference in DC and PS2 in power. DC had better quality games than PS2 has to this day as well IMO.

I've owned Xbox since launch because of Halo, DOA3, and Xbox LIVE, paid 300$ for the console with no games. I was blown away by the graphics and gameplay, and felt as if I'd made a great decision upon realizing all the cds I could put on the HDD. I look back to November 2001 and look to the present and WTF?!

THere's still no games that look as good(or play as good in their respective genres) as DOA3 and Halo...the 2 biggest hyped up games since launch: Fable and Brute Force, are still on indefinate hold with no solid word on either one, and Xbox is SORELY lacking in some key genres. FIrst off, I don't play sports games, so those are irrelevent to me. but there's just not enough real platformers, RTS, unique genre bending games, and Adventure/RPGs to give Xbox a broad appeal.

Games that are exclusive to Xbox are usually LAMBASTED by large publications nitpicking to the point of BS whining. KFC(lol) gets bashed by EGM because an Asian deemed it "offensive". Then garbage like MOH:Frontline gets deemed "WONDERFUL" by seemingly everyone in the industry while I consider that game less than dung. Games like Splinter Cell and Dead to Rights were roasted for the difficulty...then Shinobi for PS2 gets higher reviews with its simplistic slashing and pit jumping from hell even though its much more frustrating and difficult than either of the 2 Xbox games mentioned.

There's also a lot of dirt games getting through. Tao-Feng appears to be yet another flop, as were: Kakuto Chojin, Sneakers, Azurik, Blinx(I liked it but it was TOO SHORT), Bruce Lee, SHREk, SuperMan, Metal Dungeon, Nightcaster, Seablade, New Legends, Black Stone, and Pulse Racer? HORRIBLE GAMES!

THe point is, I've not seen ANY Xbox game shine as Halo and DOA3 YET. How was it that DOA3 NEVER SLOWED DOWN, yet, Tao Feng looks like BUTT in motion?! Why did those Xbox launch games give so much hope, yet none have been matched YET!?

Xbox Owner
03-18-2003, 05:33 AM
play Ghost Recon online.

JJaX
03-18-2003, 07:08 AM
If your still hooked on DOA3 you're a tool.

Play splinter cell.

Koopa
03-18-2003, 08:39 AM
There's also a lot of dirt games getting through. Tao-Feng appears to be yet another flop, as were: Kakuto Chojin, Sneakers, Azurik, Blinx(I liked it but it was TOO SHORT), Bruce Lee, SHREk, SuperMan, Metal Dungeon, Nightcaster, Seablade, New Legends, Black Stone, and Pulse Racer? HORRIBLE GAMES!
you forgot enclave, blood wake, circus maximus, and superman man of steel.

but, on the other hand.

i own 6 great xbox games- UC, mechassault, ghost recon, halo, morrowind, and splintercell...and if i had more money id get panzer dragoon, capcom vs snk2, tao feng (ign, the only place i REALLY trust for reviews, gave it 8.7...compared to gamespot's 6.something)..and im saving up for rtcw, men of valor, soldier of fortune 2, brute force,crimson skies, kotor, galaxies, halo2(duh), and probably some other stuff im forgetting. if you're upset with xbox though, a gamecube would be a great thing to supplement your gaming needs, with great titles that pop up every few months...
or get into PC gaming and buy warcraft3, or the upcoming rise of nations, or unreal tournament2k3 or freelancer or medal of honor spearhead (much better than frontline!)

RudedogX
03-18-2003, 09:15 AM
Every system has it's share of crappy games...Just look at the PS2! The majority of it's games are crappy! Part of it is the pressure on them to get the games out on time, but I think part of it is the knowledge that the people will still buy them just to have something new to play! Either way, there should still be better games coming out down the pipe, just know to avoid those that suck, and be patient.

l Maximus l
03-18-2003, 04:33 PM
I actually will agree with a lot of what you're saying. There are way too many companies out there that are porting way too many games over to the XBox while they should be focussing on games that can maximize the XBox's capabilities. We all know that the specs for the XBox are three times that of the PoS2, however, are we seeing games that are three times the quality? In some cases, yes....however, it's not nearly enough.

But, on the other hand, think about the PS1 for a moment...damn, the PS2 for that matter. First generation games are laughed upon when looking back at them. Just wait and see...give it another year or so and you'll actually believe that Halo and DOA3 are graphical laughters. I can't wait!!!

Shadow Fox
03-18-2003, 04:56 PM
While I do agree that Xbox has been getting shortchanged by some of these releases (as has GameCube), there are more on the way, so here are some good gems I've purchased since the Halo era...

Don't rag on me, IMO these games are quite decent:

Gunvalkyrie
Mad Dash Racing
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Jet Set Radio Future
Rallisport Challenge

I'm also looking forward to Tao Feng (since I'm a fighting game guru), and Malice, should it actually come to pass...:confused:

At the same time, I've had quite a few blurbs in between major GameCube releases:

Lost Kingdoms
Wrestlemania X8
Turok: Evolution
Phantasy Star Online: Episodes I and II
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury
Xtreme G3

And I'm also looking forward to Skies of Arcadia Legends (when I get the dough), and Def Jam Vendetta to pass between the Zelda/Mario/Metroid/Resident Evil/repeat lulls...

And of course, there's [insert game here] for PS2, usually at around 20-30 bucks, so you really can't go wrong this generation unless you only own one console. And in that case, I'd suggest you'd pick up a GCN or PS2 now...or at least a GBA.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

Cyclone
03-18-2003, 06:19 PM
Well, E3 is just a few months away...hehe
More devlopers will start coming towards Xbox as the PS2's hardware is serverely getting dated and...nobody plays the Gamecube. I think it's just a matter of time

wweomaniac
03-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
you forgot enclave, blood wake, circus maximus, and superman man of steel.
games that I hate as well.

Motley
03-18-2003, 06:38 PM
Well there is one GREAT RPG coming in the next few months: Star Wars KOTR.

I'm not even a Star Wars fan, but from everything I have read & seen, this one loke like a must have if you like RPG's.

It won't be out until June though :(

MerimacHamwich
03-18-2003, 07:13 PM
Graphical superiority in games:
Transworld Snowboarding
Splinter Cell (lighting)
Mech Assault (texturing and effects)
Unreal Championship (texturing and effects)
Deathrow

Innovation and great use of Xbox hardware:
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Any and all Xbox Live games

Things aren't as bad as you think o disillusionned one.

Koopa
03-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
Well, E3 is just a few months away...hehe
More devlopers will start coming towards Xbox as the PS2's hardware is serverely getting dated and...nobody plays the Gamecube. I think it's just a matter of time
lol. keep dreaming

SiGuy
03-19-2003, 09:15 PM
I dont understand why everyone loves JSRF and hates Bloodwake. Whats not to like about a game where you control a heavily armed gunboat and blow sh*t up? seriously

MerimacHamwich
03-19-2003, 09:16 PM
I am with you Manowar.

nashpred31
04-01-2003, 03:24 AM
as with everything in life give it time. cant rush art! or good games!