PDA

View Full Version : I have lost interest in playing games :(

Cannibal Corpse
03-18-2003, 03:16 AM
I don't know why, but for the past TWO WEEKS, I have not touched my PS2, Xbox nor GameCube controller (even PC's mouse of WCIII, and Splinter Cell)...I have about 40 games spread across all platforms, and not a single one interest me...:(

I need a vacation...

Kraft
03-18-2003, 04:20 AM
Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should take this time to expand your horizons and find some other things you enjoy doing. Maybe eventually you will get back into video games, but there is no point in doing something you aren't enjoying... well, unless you are getting paid for it.

Koopa
03-18-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
I don't know why, but for the past TWO WEEKS, I have not touched my PS2, Xbox nor GameCube controller (even PC's mouse of WCIII, and Splinter Cell)...I have about 40 games spread across all platforms, and not a single one interest me...:(

I need a vacation...

if you give up gaming, can i have your computer? judging by your sig, it looks pretty badass:D

seriously though, take a break, join a sport, learn to play an intrument, joina club, something that'll take up some spare time. your xbox will be there when you get back.

btw, nice avatar....cannabalize corpse upgrade for ghouls ;)

studepaber
03-18-2003, 09:44 AM

I need a vacation...

Same here man, out of all the games I have on the Xbox, GC and PC the only one I've been playing lately is Halo, and that's only when my friends come over. It's been a month or so since I've been on Live... But I'll start playing more (actually starting Wednesday) when Raven Shield comes out for the PC and then next week I'll have my hands on Zelda WW and a GBASP. The Xbox will get more playing time maybe with Tao Feng, but definitely when PSO comes out in April.

l Maximus l
03-18-2003, 04:07 PM
Whenever I feel this way, I just grab a beer :p

Kortiz
03-18-2003, 04:17 PM
recently, i have felt that way. i would much rather post on forums and look at pr0n.

i got like 20 games i could be playing......but im not. *shrug*

i blame it on EQ......i played that on pc for 2 years and no other game on the pc grabbed my attention.

i wanna get shenmue2 soo bad but im broke......and yet feel like i wouldnt play it if i got it. like it was just a waste of money.........oh well

i will get over it!

2 months and going strong I WILL OVERCOME THIS EQ ADDICTION! im on withdrawl right now.....i twitch.....and then twitch again

IM AN EFFING SPAS MAN!!!!

Unreal
03-18-2003, 04:44 PM

I need a vacation...
What doesnt this surprise me. A vacation might be good.

Viper87227
03-18-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
recently, i have felt that way. i would much rather post on forums and look at pr0n.

i blame it on EQ......i played that on pc for 2 years and no other game on the pc grabbed my attention.

i wanna get shenmue2 soo bad but im broke......and yet feel like i wouldnt play it if i got it. like it was just a waste of money.........oh well

i will get over it!

2 months and going strong I WILL OVERCOME THIS EQ ADDICTION! im on withdrawl right now.....i twitch.....and then twitch again

If you got shenmue 2 you would be like a puppy dog lost in heaven. I had both shenmue 1 & 2 on dreamcast there amazing.... Shenmue 2 is $20 at CC i think im gunna buy it again just cuz its been a year since ive played a shenmue game and i think its affecting my overall knwledge capacity :p

bottem line: you cant go wrong with shenmue 2... its worth $50 let alone $20

ScorpionX
03-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Do you visit the X-S forums

Kortiz
03-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
If you got shenmue 2 you would be like a puppy dog lost in heaven. I had both shenmue 1 & 2 on dreamcast there amazing.... Shenmue 2 is $20 at CC i think im gunna buy it again just cuz its been a year since ive played a shenmue game and i think its affecting my overall knwledge capacity :p

bottem line: you cant go wrong with shenmue 2... its worth $50 let alone $20

i am not spending any more money on games until this summer.

so it will be awhile.

i saw the 20bucks thint at circuit city......but im strapped for cash.

i dunno if i will make it through to the summer for gas on the money i got now.....damn college and the 50 mile aday drive!

Cyclone
03-18-2003, 06:44 PM
I've had that problem before. I'll start playing a game or something and eventually lose interest and never even finish it.

Seawolf X
03-18-2003, 06:54 PM

i will get over it!

LOL, i used to be SOOOO OBSESSED with EQ! I played it everyday. I also had no interest in any other games. It was taking over me!!!!!! I realized how evil:mad: it is...i haven't played it for about a half or year or more:) .

MaxPain
03-18-2003, 07:13 PM

i will get over it!

Well... I got the dreamcast when it first came out. Never got Shenmue for it. So when I got my xbox.. and Shenmue II came out. I bought it. Im kind of impatient ... and im not really into games that have tons of cut scenes and lots of reading. I guess it depends on my mood. Anyways throughout most of the game I was mostly wondering when I would be able to get some action. Seemed like I was just following directions back and fourth until it just tired me. And I shut it off... I guess some people are into that though : ).
When splinter cell came out I played it all the time for like 4 days. then I just stopped.. before even beating the game. I always end up playing a game for a little then losing intrest in it =\

Seawolf X
03-18-2003, 07:14 PM
EQ is evil, well addicting... Counter-Strike GOOD!!!!! Play counter-strike best multiplayer fps IMO.

wweomaniac
03-18-2003, 07:24 PM
hey don't worry about it. I haven't touched my xbox for about 4 MONTHS now. Ever since I gave away my NFL 2k3. You gotta wonder why I still post in this forum....

not too bad actually. Life is sorta more fun without xbox.

I think I'll start playing it again when I get Capcom snk 2 eo this week.

Its been fun!:confused:

SiGuy
03-19-2003, 03:15 PM
thats sad to hear. Im sure youll regain interest once we get Halo 2 or Doom, if you dont you need psychiatric help. But pick up something new, learn guitar o to skateboard or somethin idk. Just sumthin to keep you occupied for a while until you find a new game that interests you.:)