PDA

View Full Version : How to connect Xbox to Monitor & get Dolby5.1????

CO1
03-18-2003, 01:36 PM
I bought the PC connector at EBgames to connect my XBox to a PC monitor or my projector but it only has analog audio out. Does anyone know of a similiar device that also has digital audio output through a coaxial or optical connection or a way to get digital out of this? I don't know why they didn't just have the audio and video connections seperate on the back of the XBox. Am I correct in assuming that the only digital audio connection that you can get is with the High Definition AV Pack? Thanks.

MerimacHamwich
03-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Yes, you need the HDAV pack. You can also get monster cables. They may be your solution.

Zion
03-18-2003, 10:04 PM
You need either the HD pack or the Advanced A/V pack..stay away from the Monster Cable overpriced thingie.

Hugh_Jass
03-19-2003, 07:50 AM
I use a Crystal Image VS2 video scaler (http://www.avxi.com/Products/Crystalimage/Crystalimage.html). It accepts composite, s-video, component, RGB, and VGA signals, scales them to the native resolution of the monitor/projector, and has VGA out. They seem to be blowing these out at bargain prices now so it's a good time to pick one up.

Dre
03-19-2003, 03:43 PM
How much did you pay 4 yours Hugh? The MSRP on the page is 2k? That seems pretty steep..

Hugh_Jass
03-20-2003, 08:39 AM
I think I paid $1300 two years ago. I've seen it at $900 recently.