PDA

View Full Version : My addiction to Halo

Rocksteady
03-18-2003, 09:21 PM
Well back about 3 months ago, my friends and I heard of this Halo Tournament. So we decided we should join, it was the game type we like to play and we really loved Halo so we decided to give it a try. We all registered for the Winter Season and threw in $20 each for the $80 entree fee. So as most people do to win, we needed to practice. So for 3 months straight nearly everyday we played 5-8 hours of Halo, practicing and practicing the same game on GameSpy of people all over the net. It was CTF, Gulch, Hogs Only. Near the time of the tournament we had become some of the masters online, and every weekend we would order Dominoes and just play Halo.

Yes you might consider us nerds, but the game is just that fun. So the day came and we woke up and got ready to play. We ended up playing 3 other teams and kicked there ass ... sadly though, the next regionals was held in Indiana, and none of our parents (we are all 14 BTW) wanted to pay for tickets to play video games. So out dreams were shattered and I quit Halo and haven't played since.

LOL, just thought I would post a topic about it. :)

Kraft
03-18-2003, 09:29 PM
Ahh, I remember back in the old days when I was like that :D Though I enjoy Halo immensely to this day, I will never play as much as I did during my addiction phase last february. By the way, welcome to the site Rock!

Rocksteady
03-18-2003, 09:33 PM
Hey thanks a lot for the welcome. :)

Anyway, yeah its a great game ... but over the months now, I just need something else. Anyway it took up way too much of my time. :o Now I spend more time with ladies. =D

SiGuy
03-18-2003, 09:59 PM
ha. better not make yourself sick of this game. you have to wait almost a year for halo 2. welcome to the site man

ScorpionX
03-18-2003, 10:05 PM
You going to the Spring Season? I know I am :)

canadianboi3
03-19-2003, 01:13 AM
Holy crap!! 5-8 hours a day? Geez. I'm not even home that long in a day.

Rocksteady
03-19-2003, 07:14 AM
Nah, the Spring Season is a 2 on 2 match, doesn't interest me really.