PDA

View Full Version : I've just Xperienced the Xbox!

mattcoxonline
12-01-2001, 08:16 AM
I have just come back from The Xbox Xperience in Manchester and it was AMAZING!

I got there about 9am and was first in the que - the show started at 10am.

At ten we got taken through a corridor. White walls, green lights, and green plastic things sticking out of the wall...
Into a dark room we go with 8 large TVs and we were shown a two minute introduction of the Xbox...

Through some more corridors and we enter "the green room"
Around the room was about 10 Xboxs all sporting a selection of games. Two controllers at each Xbox and some extra hardware such as the snowboard and steering wheels....

The games were:
DOA3
Halo
Wreckless
PGR
Moto GP
Mad Dash Racing

and a nice selection of FREE food and drink!

Each time you enter this room you are allowed 15mins of gaming time - each 5 mins you rotated so you got to play on each individual game.....nearly!

First game I played on was DOA3 - it was just the first one I saw...
Great Graphics and good gameplay. A nice improvement on DOA2.

Then I moved onto Wreckless - I spent the least time on this as I thought it was cr*p! As did everyone else I spoke to.

Okay last game to play on in these 15mins.....

Jet Set Radio future - nice!
I loved it...I just had enough time to get used to the controls and then we ran out of time....but were told we could que up again.

So we did...

Second time round I rushed in and knew to go straight to the game I wanted to play most - Halo.
I got chance to play the full 15mins on this and found it to be the BEST game I have ever played...
I played with my mate, then the staff and then some guy I didn't know...

I got into a conversation with the staff member and he let me take my time and take a few photos...I will post them on XBox | 360 in about 2-3 days.

Out of this day I got to play on the Xbox - yes!
Enter a competition to win one...
A free Xbox hat...
Free food
Free drink
And the greatest Xperience of my life.....

I went with a Gamecube fan (to try and covert him)
And by the time he came out he was admitting that the Xbox ISN'T as big as what people say, the controller is the best he'd held and that he will consider getting an Xbox - but only after getting a Gamecube (aka. Purple Purse)

I'm pleased - leave your comments please:

Hugh_Jass
12-01-2001, 09:37 AM
What didn't you like about "Wreckless"? I looks really fun.

mattcoxonline
12-01-2001, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
What didn't you like about "Wreckless"? I looks really fun.

I dunno. There was just something about it that I didn't like.

The graphics for start were the worst in the room.
The controls were a bit odd.
Hard to control
The whole concept didn't impress me - driving around in a car, crashing into things.

And I dunno if it was an unfinished version but I accidently went off the road and onto the "sidewalk" and I went stright through a lampost - it didn't crash or interact in any way at all.

You could drive through peolpe and they didn't react.

Hugh_Jass
12-01-2001, 01:17 PM
That does sound lame. I hope they fix the game before they ship it.