PDA

View Full Version : Tao Feng, buy or not to buy?

Slayer02
03-19-2003, 03:01 PM
^^Title^^

SiGuy
03-19-2003, 03:09 PM
why not just rent it first. you can always decide if you like it instead of relying on everyones opinion. Some people prefer different games:)

EHWfedPres
03-20-2003, 11:25 AM
Depends on if you like the game...and asking complete strangers will not get you that answer.

DZNUTZ
03-20-2003, 12:35 PM
well your sig says it would be the next game u got ehw

so did you get it?

and if so..WHAT'S YOUR PERSONAL OPINION OF IT.

Kraft
03-20-2003, 04:04 PM
This is one I am definately going to rent first. Though this game looks really tight and might just replace mortal kombat as the token gore fest game, I can't help but think this is the first fighting game this dev. studio has ever made, which makes me a little wary of the title.

Liquid Gears
03-20-2003, 06:37 PM
Never to buy

Marvel vs Capcom 2 to buy

Slayer02
03-20-2003, 07:41 PM
IMHO, MKDA was also worth buying just do to the sheer ammount of unlockables. Although I am a MK freak :p

Kraft
03-20-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Slayer02
IMHO, MKDA was also worth buying just do to the sheer ammount of unlockables. Although I am a MK freak :p

Dude, I was ****ed at some of the unlockables. I honestly though that I had unlocked MK:2 my favorite MK game of all time, just to find out I had unlocked a friggin picture of it... Like I care about a picture of it:rolleyes:

Slayer02
03-21-2003, 12:45 PM
Have you unlocked Cooking with Scorpion? If you're an MK fan, it's priceless.... Also they will be re-releasing the game possibly with all MK games on one disc....

studepaber
03-21-2003, 02:39 PM
So has anyone actually played Tao Feng yet? How does it compare to MK (cause personally I thought MKDA was crap)? I've heard countering combos is sorta tought, anyone know? Bah too many questions!!!

EHWfedPres
03-21-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
well your sig says it would be the next game u got ehw

so did you get it?

and if so..WHAT'S YOUR PERSONAL OPINION OF IT.

I didnt get it yet...im thinking about getting mortal kombat before tao feng since its finally dropping in price...or maybe ufc tapout 2 if its any good.

studepaber
03-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Ok, got Tao Feng 2 hours ago and it was alot better than I expected, still not better than DOA3 but alot better than MKDA. Graphics are impressive, and most players have a nice shiny glaze to them. Character animations are fairly smooth and fluid, except every now and then it seems a little awkward. Sound has sort of an echoey tone, really didn't pay attention to the music, character voices aren't THAT great IMO. The controls are fairly easy and you basically want to memorize button sequences in order to perform combos (sorry no quarter rolls, half roll stuff). The chi moves are a special touch, as each character has 3 of them at their disposal (each of them are quite impressive looking as well), or you can use the chi (built up in a meter) to heal your broken body parts. I haven't really seen any limb damage yet, it says your arm is hurt/damaged and then your punches become weaker, but I thought you'd actually see a broken arm or something, ah well. Overall this is a good game, not really a button masher, and once you get the combos, throws down it makes for a fun experience.

I think any fan of 3d fighters should give this a try, if anything it will tide you over until Soul Caliber 2 comes out :D

Shadow20002
03-22-2003, 10:17 AM
I gonna rent it today. Hopefully no one is picking it already. I write a review on it. Check this out then. ;)

Liquid Gears
03-22-2003, 01:43 PM
This game looks like sh*t. Since it's made by one of the guys that created the MK series, I consider it being sh*t! Period

I'm never gonna let that game enter my XBox :rolleyes:

studepaber
03-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
This game looks like sh*t. Since it's made by one of the guys that created the MK series, I consider it being sh*t! Period

I'm never gonna let that game enter my XBox :rolleyes:

Actually it looks quite nice if you have actually played it. Graphics are alot better than MK and the game plays much better than MK. LG why do you have such a strong negative opinion about the game if you've never played it? :confused: I admit I had my doubts about the game b4 it came out, but once you get a feel for the game and how to use the combos, environment it can be quite fun. In fact if you want to succeed in single player you HAVE to use the combos and can't get away with just button mashing (you can at the beginning though) or the computer will own you.

Liquid Gears
03-22-2003, 02:28 PM
I'm a very serious fighter, that's all I can say. I go for fighting games that have huge ass combos. This game doesn't look like it takes any talent, so why waste my time.

studepaber
03-22-2003, 03:29 PM
Hrrrmmmm.... Well there are "somewhat" long combos in this game (might be up to 7-8 button+directional pad sequences with up to 10-15 hits). I prefer combos that require QRT QRB DPF DPF type stuff as well, which isn't how Tao Feng is played (a typical combo may be a,a,a a+ down, y, b, b + down.) LG if 30-40 hit, 75% damage combos are what you like then sure then game won't be for you, although I'm sure alot of people who play 3d fighters will enjoy it.

Off topic: When is MvC 2 coming out by the way?

Liquid Gears
03-22-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by studepaber
Hrrrmmmm.... Well there are "somewhat" long combos in this game (might be up to 7-8 button+directional pad sequences with up to 10-15 hits). I prefer combos that require QRT QRB DPF DPF type stuff as well, which isn't how Tao Feng is played (a typical combo may be a,a,a a+ down, y, b, b + down.) LG if 30-40 hit, 75% damage combos are what you like then sure then game won't be for you, although I'm sure alot of people who play 3d fighters will enjoy it.

Off topic: When is MvC 2 coming out by the way?

Agreed buddy. MvC2 is coming out next week

I CAN't WAIT!!!!!!!!!! This game is by far the most anticipated game of my life so far!! March 25th baby!!

BTW: If not, then April 23rd. But I'm pretty sure it's March 25th

Casper
03-22-2003, 09:34 PM
Yes, it's March 28th

http://ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=227921

But I'm not getting it being that it's not on XBL...oh well, their fault, not mine.

Highlite23
03-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Hey Liquid, did you play the game?

Or are you just "assuming" it's, as you put it, sh*t.

My 2 cents................Whomever claims they are "Seriuose" fans of a certain genre, and pass judgments without playing..............Are not seriouse at all.:rolleyes:

This game is better than MKDA............IMO, see, I can make that statement, I have played both games. Neat how that works.;)

Variation-XBA
03-23-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by casper
But I'm not getting it being that it's not on XBL...oh well, their fault, not mine.

Same here, was so hyped for it too =(

Slayer02
03-24-2003, 10:02 PM
I love Marvel vs Capcom but I think I will have to go with Capcom vs SNK 2:EO just because of the live factor.

ImmortalTech
03-26-2003, 05:03 PM
is this game good