PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on shutdown

Select50
12-01-2001, 03:13 PM
as i turn off my x-box (which hardly ever gets a break in my house!) what is the proper way of shutting it down? and do you just press the eject button whenever you want to unload a game? i've looked for the manuals but my sister's threw it away while cleaning.. help me so i know i'm not harming my xbox

Frostberg
12-01-2001, 05:32 PM
It doesnt harm it if you leave the cd in there. It wont know, nor will your xbox care if it is in there. Just dont shake your xbox with a disc inside (like if you bring it to a friends house) because the disk will get scratched up.

Hugh_Jass
12-01-2001, 10:37 PM
I can't believe your sister threw away an owners manual for something you just bought!

Haine
12-02-2001, 07:00 AM
Well the manual says do not leave a game in the disc tray.But the proper way is,Make sure when you eject the game you are at the main menu screen,And when turning it off make sure when you load you tray back in wait till the lights quit flashing before turning power off.

Frostberg
12-02-2001, 09:42 AM
meh if it was so important then MS would of made a special insert that said that. My other consoles never got hurt with discs/cartriges insde them and my DVD player and CD-ROM drives never got hurt so I doubt anything will harm the xbox