PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Exhibition?



MerimacHamwich
03-21-2003, 11:57 AM
Has anyone ever heard of or seen these before?
Link (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=232742)
They sound pretty cool, way better than OXM demo's.

Variation-XBA
03-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Isnt that the one with almost full version of CvS2EO?

MerimacHamwich
03-21-2003, 12:00 PM
No idea.

Knight
03-21-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Variation
Isnt that the one with almost full version of CvS2EO?

Yes it is. There's a 3rd one coming out soon too.

But there's no info on it just a date.


http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=234247

JJaX
03-21-2003, 12:31 PM
I was under the impretion that xbox exp was a magazine of some sort. But its actually a disc you buy for $7.99.

And yes Volume #2 has the Capcom Vs SNK2 demo that knight mentioned on it.

Knight
03-21-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
I was under the impretion that xbox exp was a magazine of some sort. But its actually a disc you buy for $7.99.

And yes Volume #2 has the Capcom Vs SNK2 demo that knight mentioned on it.

And if your going to buy it don't buy it at EB or Gamestop they want the full list price($7.99) when Circuit City is selling it for $4.99 I think Best Buy is selling it for the same as CC.

JJaX
03-21-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Knight
And if your going to buy it don't buy it at EB or Gamestop they want the full list price($7.99) when Circuit City is selling it for $4.99 I think Best Buy is selling it for the same as CC.

In my case, circut city is a 15 minute drive, ebgames is a 1 minute drive. So ill spend the extra 3 bucks for my own convenience ;)

symposiumx
03-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Has anyone ever heard of or seen these before?
Link (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=232742)
They sound pretty cool, way better than OXM demo's.

Is there a way to get a "subscription" to these discs?

if so, sign me up.

MerimacHamwich
03-21-2003, 01:09 PM
I don't know. I would be down with a subscritption though.

LTM360
03-21-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
Is there a way to get a "subscription" to these discs?

if so, sign me up.

Sign me up too ;) I bought the first one at Target for $5, and its a really cool demo disk. Also I'll be buying the new one for Capcom V. SNK 2:EO. Even though I want the full retail version for Xbox Live. But I'll wait for that price to goto like $20-25.

Professor Kaos
03-21-2003, 05:14 PM
I have the first 2.
$5 at wal-mart

DarkMatter
03-21-2003, 05:24 PM
All the demos are on OXM disc...:confused:

symposiumx
03-21-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Playya
I have the first 2.
$5 at wal-mart

what are the advantages of these over OXM discs?

what can you download off these first two disks?
wanna sell them?

MerimacHamwich
03-21-2003, 05:51 PM
They are better becuase they include more of the games and they have Xbox Live abilities. OXM discs are only short peices of the games and have no xbox live capabilities.

symposiumx
03-21-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
They are better becuase they include more of the games and they have Xbox Live abilities. OXM discs are only short peices of the games and have no xbox live capabilities.

how MUCH more of the game. and what are on version 1 and 2?

when is 3 out.

thanks for answering my questions and all your patience with an ignorant SOB such as myself ;)

JJaX
03-21-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by DarkMatter
All the demos are on OXM disc...:confused:

Ummmm No

DarkMatter
03-21-2003, 07:13 PM
Ummm..Yea. All the Demos on the disc 2 are on OXM demo disc.

Knight
03-21-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by DarkMatter
All the demos are on OXM disc...:confused:

Capcom Vs SNK2 Isn't on any OXM disc.

symposiumx
03-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Knight
Capcom Vs SNK2 Isn't on any OXM disc.

other than having one more demo on the disc...waht is so differnt about them?

like for indiana jones...does it just have that one level? or more? or what?

Knight
03-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by symposiumx
other than having one more demo on the disc...waht is so differnt about them?

like for indiana jones...does it just have that one level? or more? or what?

The other demos are the same as the ones on the OXM discs.

But the Capcom Vs SNK2 is more then just a demo.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33441



This ain't no sissy can only play 2 levels and 4 characters under 10 minute time limit ****. Though any ways, what I'm talking about is that CVS2 EO is included in the demo disc. The demo disc is only 5 &#*#$ bucks! That's right! 5 $*#& &U)#$*# #*)@#* bucks! Oh and here's the best part...

The demo allows you to play every mode except groove edit mode and you can do everything from change things in the options menu to even making color edits. You can EVEN play through every match in arcade mode except for the final boss (even the sub bosses) and the best part of all, can play as ALL 46 characters! When was the last time you saw a demo disc for a fighting game that allowed you to pick EVERY character in the game?! Plus there's no time limit for the game so you can just play it forever and ever as long as you want. You can even play versus mode against friends.

Essentially for 5 bucks this is an AWESOME demo for trying out the game. So many features for a demo are offered to you including arcade, vs. modes and the ability to play as EVERY character in the game. So if you want something to show off to your friends or would like to test run the game without paying a lot of money and looking for it at rental stores, this is the ticket.

Only real problem with it is that you can't fight against the final boss or use the final boss characters (S.Akuma and U.Rugal but, who cares?!), and you can't play on Live. Though for just a demo disc, this is a freaking steal for 5 bucks especially considering how much comes with just that game alone and the 8 other demo games they have on the disc. Plus lots of extra video, music and downloadable files including a whole video on a Halo tournament happening at G4TV.

MixMasta
03-21-2003, 08:25 PM
when u say xbox live capabilities, what do you mean? like do u mean some of the demos are playable online(I know capcom isnt) because i havent heard of any other demos besides the beta demos and the starter disc demos for live. so what exactly are these live capabilities??? downloadable content???

DarkMatter
03-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
when u say xbox live capabilities, what do you mean? like do u mean some of the demos are playable online(I know capcom isnt) because i havent heard of any other demos besides the beta demos and the starter disc demos for live. so what exactly are these live capabilities??? downloadable content???


There is non, I could buy something better with my $8.00..Like a couple of happy meals:p