PDA

View Full Version : Toys R Us

Integra Man
12-01-2001, 04:18 PM
Ah Toys R Us... they dont have 1 clue what they are talking about.
Never ever ever belivie what they say i go in the store im like you have an xbox there like oh sorry they aren't released until next month. This is Nov 30th. I'm Like Byatch your out of it. I got so ****ed off because of that. So i start arguing with her. Then the manager comes in asking what the problem is and i say do you have an xbox hes like yea to your left. I wanted to *smack* the old *****.

Hhaha WEll i hate Toys R Us

Xboxderekman
12-01-2001, 08:16 PM
:mad: Wen i got to toy r us, i over heard a conversation between an employee and a costumer,
"Excuse me, can u please tell which is better, a ps2 or an xbox?

"Oh yes, the ps2 is overall a way beter macine., the graphincs are good, the games are better etc."

"Ok, is there anything good about xbox?"

"No way, only that it might have better potental"

!!!!!!!! I was soo mad!!!! I wanted to just butt in tell the poor costumer the truth!!!!!

Rochey69r
12-01-2001, 08:23 PM
dude!! y the HELL didnt you!!

i would have gone over there and would have told the customer my thoughts on the xbox and the millions and MILLIONS!! of peoples thoughts on the xbox!!

if ya smell what Roche is cookin

Topconsole
12-02-2001, 12:09 PM
I've heard one of those conversations about the employee and the customer, which one is better ps2 or XBOX. The employee said all the same stuff and well I steped in and told my side. Lets just say this the customer walked out of that store with an XBOX! :D XBOX

EliGC
12-03-2001, 07:19 AM
My local Toys R US has a few guys/salesman who actually suggest Xbox to their customers but they don't have a clue about the outside world. I went in trying to buy F1 2001, so I ask the salesperson "Do you have F1 2001?" he goes "Whats F1 2001?"
I answer "Its a Formula1 Racing Game." he asks "Whats Formula1?". That was the end of conversation, I didn't want to spend any time explaining it to him.

l Maximus l
12-03-2001, 11:40 AM
Yeah, same kind of experiences. I have had three different situations...one was before the XBox launch...when a overweight barney-boy who was a LameCube fanboy started talking smack about the XBox...and I told him that comparing the LameCube to the XBox is like comparing a Ford Pinto with a Ferrari Testorosa. He asked me how...and I told him that the processor in the XBox annileates the LameCube's, the LameCube has only 3 games at launch...and they all suck (except for Rogue Leader which I learned later was easy as hell with no replay value), the XBox has a DVD player, the XBox has four controller ports, the XBox has a hard drive (and an 8 gig hard drive at that), and on-line broadband built in. The LameCube has none of these...the only thing that it can boast is a purple color and a purse handle.

The second situation was when I called in and asked if Amped was available...the one I reserved. They said "No, it's not..but, we have all of the releases for the GameCube in". I told him that I don't have a LameCube and all I was looking to see is if Amped came in and he, of course, said that it's not. I called in about 2 hours later after I was confused because I heard that Amped was sent to all retailers and since I pre-ordered this game that they should have it. I got the manager on the line and she said that it was in!!! So, I went there and bought it...my last game from Toys R Us, by the way ;)

Finally, I had one really good experience! I went in there when I bought Amped and the Manager of the department who told me that Amped was in was still there and she told me that the XBox is a great system...definately the best out of the three. She assured me that I made the most intelligent decisions. I told her about the other situations and she said that the one barney dude got fired for turning customers off on the XBox and the Playstation 2 even when they wanted either one of those systems!!! LOL...and the other dude that told me that Amped wasn't in earlier, she told me that she would see what the problem was.

So, atleast this ends on a positive note!

Hey, has everyone noticed that Electronics Boutique people have become much more XBox biased lately or is it just me?

Myth-One
12-03-2001, 02:49 PM
If she was old why would you expect her to know abnout xbox, not everyone is a vid game enthusiatst.

Ninja Scroll
12-03-2001, 02:55 PM
JOIN DA CLUB JUNIOR:p :p :p

ShannonX
12-03-2001, 05:47 PM
Think thats bad? My supervisor at best buy told us that we should push the memory cards for the xbox even though it had the harddrive. We woudln't tell the customer there was a harddrive and that they really needed a memory card to make it work.... and we would keep recomending it unless they mentioned the HD. (like i ever listen to my sup. anyways). I never recomend a memory card unless the person tends to go over a friends houses, and wants to take his saved games with him....then i might recomend it. Otherwise, screw it.

SciFi
12-03-2001, 05:55 PM
y, can yu erase mem cards and reus em'? Or d you have o get new ones?

GZBX
12-03-2001, 06:32 PM
eXcellent allgorithum

MS-xbox
12-03-2001, 07:13 PM
What do you mean that EB is biased towards x-box? Biased that they support it, or biased that they hate it?

All i know that they guy at my EB said X-box was good(BTW he is a sopftmore in HIGH SCHOOL!) punk kid, thinks the x-box is best, just because its fast (Its only faster because it built from PC parts!)

And from all the talk about X-box people going Toys R us, just gives me the kinda idea of what people like X-box........

EliGC
12-04-2001, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Hey, has everyone noticed that Electronics Boutique people have become much more XBox biased lately or is it just me?

Well its largely because Microsoft has a special retailer program where it awards salesmen for their knowledge of Xbox, ability to sell and actually selling the consoles. I think EB realised that it can make a lot of money selling Xbox(with it being 100$ more expensive than GC) and EB employees could accumilate enough points to get a free Xbox. There are a few threads in TXB's forums where retailers discuss this program.

Xboxderekman
12-04-2001, 10:13 AM
Here is wat ive seen in those lines for xbox, lamecube, and bs2:

Lamecube: Little kids from around 4-9 and old people the dont have a clue.

bs2: Loyal fans from ps1 and stupid pple, 9-29 people that dont notice jaggies.

xbox: ages 13-up people that are real gamers! and thats y the controller is wat they call big.

lamecube controllers are so small, both ur fists are touching together.

bs2 is the same way.