PDA

View Full Version : 8GB vs. 10GB Hard Disks: How can you tell?

Cannibal Corpse
12-01-2001, 05:40 PM
How can you tell if you have a 10GB Seagate or an 8GB Western Digital Hard Disk in your Xbox unit? (without opening the unit and voiding your warranty that is)

Is there going to be a drive utility that recognizes the model and size of the HDDs written in near future?

Since the Seagate Hard Disk is slightly faster, that would be interesting to see what are the differences are between the load times compared to a Western Digital in games such as Project Gotham Racing or DOA3 character selection screen (where is a slight pause for each car model or game character to appear on screen)

Honestly I feel cheated if I have gotten an 8GB drive, even if the ‘extra’ 2GB on a 10GB Seagate version is not being utilized. It is as simple as that: Fair Game, I paid $300 and you paid $300, why should I get an 8GB?

Hugh_Jass
12-01-2001, 10:39 PM
The 8G drives are partitioned identically to the 10G drives so it doesn't matter what you have under the hood. The 10G drive only has 8G accessible.

Do you cross-post all your topics to every XBOX board? :rolleyes:

Cannibal Corpse
12-02-2001, 01:03 AM
I sure do! Seems like you browse all of them as well! This way I get more response.

And technically it is not 'cross-posting', since they are TOTALLY different Forums (well not in nature that is XBox, but Server wise).

SciFi
12-02-2001, 02:39 AM
ckwhere it ismade;
it said it on the underside of the xbox, near the #
mexico = 10