PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got My XBox (Bundle Package)

MaxPain
12-01-2001, 05:56 PM
Finally Got My XBox :D :D I tried 6 different stores, got to the last one, they only had the bundle packs, So I had to pay $500 but it was worth it. I got Halo,Amped,And DOA3 wow im impressed. I hope to buy alot more games later on. Microsoft does it again :D
There is one thing I dislike, the way you got to use the right analog stick to look and left one to strafe and for back or forward in Halo, that will take some getting used to :)

Ninja Scroll
12-01-2001, 06:31 PM
hey everyone!
lets give maxpain a cookie for getting his xbox! lol!
just kidding slim, im happy for you:)
But what I wanna know is when you said "Microsoft did it again" I want to know what did they do da first time?
last I remember this is their first console effort.
You (im guessing) must be refering to the Windows system for something, right?
One more thing, you didnt have to get a bundle pack. Did you check your local Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Kmart, or Wal-Mart?
No committments to buy a certai amount of software & accessories by those guys!

MaxPain
12-01-2001, 06:40 PM
Yah, I actually called and checked all those stores. They were all out and I wasn't even thinking when I was at my Mall and noticed KB Toys. I didn't think they had them but I asked. And sure enough they had them. but only the bundle packs. So it was either get that or wait another week, and I didn't feel like waiting. This Halo setup with strafing/forward/back and looking is strange..... hard to get used to :( . Yah I was refering to windows :D .

hockeyfan
12-01-2001, 08:18 PM
I too bought a 500 dollar xbox package from EB. It came with system,contoller,nhl hitz,project gotham,and halo. Iwas allowed to choose the games which was cool.Finnally i got one after being ripped off by XGE.

Ninja Scroll
12-02-2001, 08:04 AM
Yo, what da hell is XGE?
I want to know one thing about the bundle packs. Ok, Xbox is $300, 3 games are $150 ($50.00 each), and an extra oversized controller is $40.00, ok, ok.... I think I know my math being that I work for a bank, that comes to "$490.00 (minus the tax)". Now I know the tx will be over $10.00 beans, but arent the bundles around $520.00 or something.
Am I missing something people?

Oh Max, I would'nt had thought KayBee's would be doing the bundle either, but we know now.
Why is Microsoft trying to break peoples wallets!?
Go figure!

MaxPain
12-02-2001, 08:25 AM
Yah, KB Toys had them because no one thinks they do. I looked at every store except that one in the mall. I think he means someone ripped him off over an online trade when he was saying "XGE". Yah the XBox 3 games + controller = $475. But since their always selling out, I don't think people mind spending an extra $25 to get one sooner :D :D I know I didn't.

OaklandR
12-02-2001, 10:47 AM
Last Friday I made it around to 7 stores. They were all out except Gameworld which sells in bundles. Then I went to KB. I walked to the game section and saw about 10 GC's and no Xbox. I asked with expectations of a no sorry we are all out. To my surprise the lady said "I think we have one more in the back." What kind of answer is that.:) I waited and stared at the door. Out she came. It was beautiful. I didn't have to get a bundle. I bought PGR and an extra controller.

MaxPain
12-02-2001, 11:40 AM
OaklandR nice! :D That's the same thing that happened to me except allKB had left was bundles. But at least I got one :D
BTW, if your name means Oakland Raiders, They been my team the last 10 years woohooo! :D

OaklandR
12-02-2001, 11:52 AM
That's what the OaklandR stands for. That's great to hear. I have a friend at work who came from Toledo and is a die hard Browns fan. It is nice to see other Raider fans across the country.:)

MaxPain
12-02-2001, 01:43 PM
Heh, My best friend is a die hard Browns fan, he thinks he knows everything.....hmmmph.... so how do you like the old man playing for the raiders? (Jerry Rice) :D :D :D

OaklandR
12-02-2001, 02:25 PM
I didn't like him when he was a 49er. I've always had respect for him.

The day I saw his sign with the Raiders I was telling myself "We are going all the way now". My friends here laughed and said he was too old.

Living in TX I am around a lot of Cowboy fans. Enough said about them.:D