PDA

View Full Version : Strange trend...............

Highlite23
03-23-2003, 10:14 AM
You know, even though i have yet to experience the joy that XBL has to offer (BB not available yet......:mad: ), I have noticed more and more members stating the following when talking about a new game..............

"If it isn't on-line, I'm probably not getting it."

So i pose this obviouse question, do all future releases need to be XBL capable??

Seems a little absurd to me that all of a sudden a games worth is judged by it's on-line capability.

For as much as a fair share around here claim to be "Gamers", why would you reject an opportunity to play a possible great game because it's not on XBL compatible??

DIGITAL
03-23-2003, 10:26 AM
i got live an i havent been on in awhile cause of the lack of live games,i wish more games were live but if there not an i like the game i will still buy it anyways!

Hitman101
03-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Very true but its so easy to implement XBL into game because microsoft takes care of the servers and such.

Xbox Owner
03-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Well.. I'm like that now. Because I don't even really like playing single player games much anymore for some reason. Well, I mean, there's a few I will pick up, but I'm mainly going for Live games.

Hitman101
03-23-2003, 10:53 AM
One reason that I think ppl love xbl is because there is nothing like inviting a couple of online friends to a game and have tons of fun. Its alot like a big party and there is nothing like it on any other console.

Xbox Owner
03-23-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Hitman101
One reason that I think ppl love xbl is because there is nothing like inviting a couple of online friends to a game and have tons of fun. Its alot like a big party and there is nothing like it on any other console.

And if you pay 50$ to buy it, you want to make it worth it.

No Fear 23
03-23-2003, 11:11 AM
yea and i told myself not to buy non-live games anymore. if i do, they will be sitting on some shelf somehwere, collecting dust while im playin online most of the time.i just waste another 50$ on a game that im not playin. i'll prolly just rent non- live games, but if some non- live games turn out to be really good, i may check it out.

Zion
03-23-2003, 11:11 AM
Some games I'll still buy with or without Live, if it's a good game. Kung Fu Chaos is a good example.

However, I don't see any reason to buy games like UFC Tapout 2, Furious Karting, or any sports game without Live support.

xboxmaster2002
03-23-2003, 11:19 AM
not every game has to be live compatibe to buy, but some games need like like WSB 2k3, racing, FPS... games like that look at moto GP the only racing game on live and its always full of people. Live just adds so much to the game and if its not there that lowers the chances of me buying it, now i know some games cant be on live and thats understandable but companies have to start realizing the potental of xbox LIVE.

canadianboi3
03-23-2003, 12:14 PM
All my non-live games are collecting dust. Except THPS4 because its new. But NBA, NFL, and GR are always in the Xbox.

Casper
03-23-2003, 12:40 PM
Being that I think this was started after you read my Tao Feng post, well, as for Marvel vs. Capcom, I already Cap vs. SNK2, and am not really impressed by it, but the XBL aspect adds to it, as if it wasn't for that, there isn't that much depth for it, and definetely not one of the best fighters. So with this other one coming out, I doubt I'll buy it, being that I won't have time to play it and am not really interested in it.

As for online/offline games, well, there are some great offline games out now, and even better ones coming out soon. But for now, the online games are more interesting to me because of the added interaction that you don't get in offline games. There will be great games that are out in the future like Brute Force and True Crime that will have me not even go near XBL for a bit. But you have to realize, some of the XBL games are like a drug....I, as well as a bunch of others, are hooked on Ghost Recon and UC...it's the interactivity, you'll see Highlite, you'll see ;)

XBOX Dude
03-23-2003, 12:53 PM
well when your online talking to people online my guess is that there probably going to discuss online games so i'd look for a little less bias source of info

Xbox Owner
03-23-2003, 12:56 PM
When/If you guys get Live, you'll understand what we mean.

Highlite23
03-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Hey Casper, don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Live experience is all that and more, and I sit with my headset on pretending i'm on line (JK..LOL).

My point was, gamers turning away from possible great games because they aren't XBL enabled. I would just hate to see this become the norm............"Hey look, new game. AHH, no XBL, forget it."

And actually you weren't the inspiration for the thread, but i did catch that comment on your Tao Feng post.;)

Casper
03-23-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA

And actually you weren't the inspiration for the thread, but i did catch that comment on your Tao Feng post.;)

That's what I was figuring, because after I saw this thread, I went over to that one to see what you said about it ;)

BUt I'll be one to say that no matter what the game is, if it's in my liking, or regardless, if I hear rave reviews of it, I'm getting it. Hell, why else am I working 2 jobs :D But I hear you on the part with it maybe becoming the trend, but for the price of it, and with alot of gamers being kids without jobs, it's not a matter of getting whatever game you can, but a matter of getting 1 every month or 2. So, if you have XBL and want to stay up with the times, then you'll go get an enabled game. But if they truley miss out on other games such as KOTOR and other great offline games, well, that's their own dam fault, now isn't it? :D

Variation-XBA
03-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Thats the exact reason im not buying Marvel Vs Capcom 2 now...cause no LIVE... I dont need another port which I can play on DC or PS2.

MixMasta
03-23-2003, 04:12 PM
live is a definite factor in a lot of the games i plan to buy. here is my thing, if its a mediorce single player game with no replay value, why buy it??? at most it would be a rental or buying it used. but its a mediocre online game, for example, mech assualt(imo, the game is not that great) i will buy it because i can always have a new experience playing it online. if im gonna buy a single player game, it either has to be above average with multiplayer(like timesplitters 2) or it has the be a really good game(like morrowind even though that game has like no end to it and splinter cell) or it has to have a lot of replay value to it( like panzer dragoon and mgs2: substance, although both were great games to being with.) i think this makes a lot of sense. this is why im not gonna buy anymore average games unless they are online or have the aforementioned qualities.

ShannonX
03-23-2003, 06:08 PM
i'm all for a good offline game. Sometimes i dont want to play online against other people, i just want to play by myself against the AI.

LynxFX
03-24-2003, 10:31 AM
My take on it is that if I game has any form of multiplayer whether it be against one other person or 16, then it should be Live enabled. It just makes sense. I still want plenty of single player games available and strong single player storylines in games that do support multiplayer but if there is a chance that I could be playing someone else or have someone else play coop then I should have the option to play them online. I hate split screen with a passion and don't want to invite anyone over to my house for system link, so give it to me online baby!

I don't see this happening this generation but I bet for the next gen systems this will be the standard.

l Maximus l
03-24-2003, 06:04 PM
If you ask me, it's all about what type of game it is. If it's a game like Halo which consists of a Campaign mode and a multi-player mode, I believe that atleast the multi-player mode should be on XBox Live. This add so much replay value. Even to this day, I still play Halo on XBConnect religiously.

And, I believe that all sqaud based shooters should definately be on XBox Live. Isn't that the point? I know, I know, I know...some people like to control their own squad. I'm not argueing with that...I'm just saying that XBox Live should be an addition to that experience. Hell, Microsoft poured $3 Billion into this network...they might as well as maximize the use out of it.

I'm a die hard FPS fan...and every FPS, in my opinion, should have XBL enabled. The AI can be fun, but, it's not nearly as fun as the unpredictible nature of human intelligence.

And, besides, I enjoy playing System Link games a lot, however, it's very difficult to get a bunch of dudes together in one place at the same time. But, with XBL, everyone is ready when you are... :)

ShannonX
03-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
If you ask me, it's all about what type of game it is. If it's a game like Halo which consists of a Campaign mode and a multi-player mode, I believe that atleast the multi-player mode should be on XBox Live. This add so much replay value. Even to this day, I still play Halo on XBConnect religiously.

And, I believe that all sqaud based shooters should definately be on XBox Live. Isn't that the point? I know, I know, I know...some people like to control their own squad. I'm not argueing with that...I'm just saying that XBox Live should be an addition to that experience. Hell, Microsoft poured $3 Billion into this network...they might as well as maximize the use out of it.

I'm a die hard FPS fan...and every FPS, in my opinion, should have XBL enabled. The AI can be fun, but, it's not nearly as fun as the unpredictible nature of human intelligence.

And, besides, I enjoy playing System Link games a lot, however, it's very difficult to get a bunch of dudes together in one place at the same time. But, with XBL, everyone is ready when you are... :)

agreed maximus. I believe all new games and all future games should have Live enabled at least to some extent. Games with system link should automatically have XBL enabled features. I havent played Halo for awhile online, but I still play it over a year after it was released. I Haven't played a game that much since the NES was around and i had super mario brothers 3 and Faxanadu. Awesome games, addicting gameplay, the way all games should be created. (at least imho)