PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes-Benz World Racing

steveo_wrx
03-24-2003, 06:32 PM
Anyone else have it yet ? Whaddya think ? Got the game Saturday, drove for about an hour. Initial impressions:

Plus:
* Excellent graphics.
* Very nice handling physics.
* Huge environments. I got off course in one race and after blowing through the cones, there was another very long track back there. Amazing.
* Lengthy career mode. Looks like a lot to do here. There are additional ratings applied to your advancement besides your race results: you're also scored on driving a clean race (both bringing the car home unscathed and avoiding unsportsmanlike driving).

+/-
* Nothing but Mercedes cars. Good if you like Mercedes, terrible if you don't. There are some classic racers too, such as the W125 Grand Prix car and the studly 300SLR sports racer from 1955 as well as DTM sedans and CLK-GTR prototype to be unlocked.

MInus
* WTF is up with these crappy menus ?! Call me a dunce, but they're just confusing as hell.
* The sound really blows. The music seems okay (I turn this off anyway), but the sound is horrible. The rest of the pack is so loud you can't hear your own car.
* No obvious tuning options except for an arcade -> simulation slider and capabilty to edit the AI drivers. Or at least I don't think there is, the menus are so crappy it's hard to tell for sure.

Grand Master
03-24-2003, 11:07 PM
is it live enabled

Boomer
03-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey steveo when your done with it, I'll buy it off of ya ;)