PDA

View Full Version : Just bought MKDA. Sounds awsome!

Dave
03-24-2003, 08:52 PM
At 1 time I was a huge Mortal Combat fan, then I dunno, seemed like some of the later games wound up worse than the games before it, and other fighters progressed and got better, and next thing you know, Mortal Combat is known as the crap of fighting games.

I still liked the characters and stuff like that better than all the fighter series, but the game just could not hang with the Tekkens and Soul Blades. Today for the hell of it, I read reviews on MKDA, and I was shocked. From what I have read this latest installment of the MK series is not just a good fighter, it's a great fighter. I was stunned to here people saying they like it better than Tekken 4, or it's their favorite fighter of all, and I just had to go buy this game.

I have not got to play it yet, because my Xbox is being used for a DVD player right now, but I should be giving it a go here soon. This game sounds like it will be perfect for me. I loved the MK characters, and now with a revamped engine, a unlockable koffin mode thingy, and the power of the box to make the characters look even cooler, it seems impossible for this game to be either my favorite fighter of all time, or right up there.

By the way anyone know if the Xbox version looks better than PS 2's? I only bought Xbox's because I hoped it had better graphics, if it don't I was kinda dumb because i can probably unlock everything with a code on ps2. But I guess even if it does look the same, I will get more replay 1 player value out of it this way. Should be sweet playing this bad boy on my 52 in HDTV here soon, can't wait!

Slayer02
03-24-2003, 10:00 PM
I love MKDA (check out my uber noober guide :p ) and some people have serious opinions on this game. From what I see, you either love it, or you hate it. The PS2 supposedly has a better control scheme but I never had a problem with the xbox version and I here the xbox version is smoother, btw there is no code for the ps2 version. Alot of people say the game lags at time but I've only had it lag once and that's when my xbox was on for 48 hours straight (don't ask). Anyways, if you enjoyed some of the previous MKs you will probably LOVE this one. The greatest implement is the 3d dodge capability. Check it out!

Variation-XBA
03-24-2003, 10:02 PM
When it goes down in price I'll definetly be buying this one:)

SiGuy
03-26-2003, 03:05 PM
Ive only played the PS2 version at a friends house. Are there any major differences between the Ps2 and xbox version?

Shadow20002
03-27-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by ~ManoWar~
Ive only played the PS2 version at a friends house. Are there any major differences between the Ps2 and xbox version?

I think it's just the same. ;)

CarGuy
03-30-2003, 10:58 PM
MKDA is a great game. The only thing i don't like are some design elements. Like how the characters now look like they're out of a comic book. :( Scorpion is super buff and Shang Tsung looks like a crazy hippy. Ninja's arent buff! I think a perfect game would be DOA3's realistic (Well....:D ) looking char's and MK's fantasy like setting. And thank goodness fatality's are back!! I was so tired of finishing off opponents with a squat punch to the shin in other fighting games.

Dave
04-08-2003, 10:46 PM
I wound up liking it. Still think Soul Caliber 2 is gonna be better, but I have enjoyed the game. Only problem I have is there are 2 characters I cannot unlock? Can't find them on the coffin list or nothing.

Slayer02
04-09-2003, 12:18 AM
They are in my Uber Noobers guide, which characters? Hsu Hao was hard to find but he is in MW, there is also blaze and mokap characters which don't appear on the list.

Dave
05-07-2003, 01:43 AM
I enjoy the game, but it's not a Tekken or Sould Caliber in my eyes. My biggest gripe is it just takes too many hits of too many different buttons to execute the best moves in the game. I mean we are talking you gotta hit this button 4 times, then 1 up top 2, then 1 on this side 3, then a red one, yellow 1, green 1, and it''s like say what? On Xbox for sure, it's very hard because I am not sure how responsive the controller is to trying all that junk, I'd just get lucky once in a very blue moon with many moves really, even though I believe I was hitting them.

Still say it's a good fighter, but I just can't rank a game that needs me to hit that many button to execute the best moves the best fighter myself. I do like the changing of stlyles idea though, that is kinda sweet.

Still like Tekken and Caliber better, and believe Caliber 2 should be best soon. Think MKDa is fun and worthwhile for sure, but I think they got to complicated for their own good in some cases.

Bottom line in a fighter is people want to be able to be able to execute the best stuff in a moderate ammount of time, in mkda, it's almost impossible many times, and to master it with every guy, you would have to not have a life at all man.

Fun game the programmers went way overboard on with way too much complicated crap is how I see it. Trying to hit 15 different button is hard enough in every area of the controller, but on my Xbox controller, sometimes even when you do manage to get it right, the controller is just not meant for that and it still won't work if you do get lucky and get it right.

Anyone who tries training mode will notice it, because sometimes Xbox's controller botches the simpler moves. Probably a more suited for PS2 game, but really, I dont care to learn any move that takes 15 buttons on any system.