PDA

View Full Version : The Coolest Mobile Xbox mod Ever!

XboxGamers
03-25-2003, 01:13 AM
Xbox in a C5 Corvette! :eek

http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpulVVAkFkdLRELFFl

We've all seen images of Xfans with a cool Xbox setup. My own setup is a 110 inch projection screened setup with a phat Dolby Digital sound system.... Mine pales in comparison to this rather sick looking setup inside this C5 Corvette....

http://www.xbox365.com/gdb/images/EpFupAFylFgogXpUBo/Accessories_27_500.jpg

The C5 Corvette ragtop is an exceedingly cool car when standing still; and it doesn't lose any of its aura at high speeds on the road. So what could you possibly do to improve on the fastest production car around? Moreover, what can you do that other C5 owners couldn't? After all you can obtain a Corvette just like anybody else's by purchasing one "off the shelf" at the dealership. If you haven't shipped your ride to Caravaggio Corvette and dropped 50 large in the process, you've got just another Corvette.

http://www.xbox365.com/gdb/images/EpFupAFylFgogXpUBo/Accessories_26_500.jpg
The integration of the Xbox proved to be no easy task. Technicians at Microsoft said the needed modification was impossible. So the installers dismantled the game console and installed it in the dash part by part. Above the new Xbox is the Panasonic CY-VMD9000U with its 7-inch LCD screen. As for the door speakers: factory locations were used, but the end result is anything but stock.

http://www.xbox365.com/gdb/images/EpFupAFylFgogXpUBo/Accessories_25_500.jpg
The Xbox game console rounds out the equipment list at the source end. This proved to be the biggest challenge. Kevin wanted to locate the CD-ROM drive in the dash, which required attempts at producing different lengths of ribbon cable, only to find that the cable could not be lengthened by conventional installer techniques.

The solution would be to locate the hard drive as close as possible to the main circuit board of the Xbox and lengthen all of the other wires as needed. As is common practice for any good installer, a bit of research was in order. A phone call was placed to Redmond, Washington. As it turned out, the technicians at Microsoft said the modification couldn't be done (which probably means they couldn't figure out a way to make it cost a lot of money while building a monopoly at the same time).

Snake Eyez
03-25-2003, 08:10 AM
That is pretty tight. But I would never spend all that money just to put an Xbox in my car.

MaxPain
03-25-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Snake Eyez
That is pretty tight. But I would never spend all that money just to put an Xbox in my car.

If you had enough to I'm sure you would! :)

AlBoogy
03-25-2003, 08:56 AM
I would definitely do that if I had the money. That is incredible.

SiGuy
03-25-2003, 10:18 AM
thats an awesome way to make an already amazing car even greater.

Variation-XBA
03-25-2003, 11:14 AM
Logo looks nice flush like that

RuffRyders
03-25-2003, 11:33 AM
That is awsome

No Fear 23
03-25-2003, 02:00 PM
he should have the logo green

l Maximus l
03-25-2003, 03:59 PM
It looks P.H.A.T. = Pretty Hot And Tempting :D

Viper87227
03-25-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by irule23

the red matches the car better since alot of te interior is red such as thinks like the stick being red and I think the wheel is also red in the middle and it also looks like them big red circles on the back of the car. ;)

l Maximus l
03-25-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
the red matches the car better since alot of te interior is red such as thinks like the stick being red and I think the wheel is also red in the middle and it also looks like them big red circles on the back of the car. ;)

I agree...therefore, the car must be repainted :D

Brevity
03-25-2003, 04:12 PM
SWEET!:)

Viper87227
03-25-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I agree...therefore, the car must be repainted :D

a bright green corvette :eek: that would be even weirder than seeing a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater (which for those of you who dont know is quite a site to see) :p

Xtopia
03-25-2003, 04:17 PM
*Drools!*

*Can't stop drooling...*

l Maximus l
03-25-2003, 04:17 PM
a bright green corvette :eek: that would be even weirder than seeing a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater (which for those of you who dont know is quite a site to see) :p

Now hold on, man. I was simply talking about painting the corvette green. You didn't have to bring your woman into the picture here!! ;) hehe

Viper87227
03-25-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Now hold on, man. I was simply talking about painting the corvette green. You didn't have to bring your woman into the picture here!! ;) hehe

whoooo that was quite a luagh :D

but on the other hand you really shouldnt say things like that. What is my woman really was a purple people eater. I thikn her feeling would be hurt very badly ;)

ImmortalTech
03-25-2003, 05:54 PM
that is so nice

No Fear 23
03-25-2003, 07:14 PM
i gotta steal me one of these special 'vetts :cool:

Bling Bling!

canadianboi3
03-25-2003, 09:06 PM
*thud as jaw hits table*

DAM! That looks TIGHT!!. If I had the money, I would do it, make long drives a lot shorter.

MaxPain
03-25-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by canadianboi3
*thud as jaw hits table*

DAM! That looks TIGHT!!. If I had the money, I would do it, make long drives a lot shorter.

Lol.. you wouldn't ACTUALLY be playing it while yo uwere driving at the same time would you?? maybe a few seconds at the stop light.. etc.. etc.. :)

canadianboi3
03-25-2003, 09:08 PM
No, I'm 15, so I mean when I'm sitting and watching nothing go by. I would play Xbox then:)

Although I am thinking of buying a moped........maybe it could fit in somewhere:)

Kortiz
03-25-2003, 09:43 PM
HEY BREVITY!!!!!

nice set up fosho.

i gotta get me one of them in my truck. that would be saweet.

but....first im gonna get a system. sometime in a couple years.

LongBow
03-25-2003, 10:01 PM
Man, who ever made that has some skill. If i had a car, I'd want that in it. http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Cyclone
03-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Wow, so Mobile Xbox is no longer an Oxymoron :P

XboxGamers
03-26-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by irule23

Yep, I like the green logo better.

RudedogX
03-26-2003, 01:44 PM

Heh...funny, that's what people used to call my car! That or barney!:D