PDA

View Full Version : New OXM Demo disc

Brevity
03-25-2003, 01:46 PM
I have some dead time so if this has not been posted here.

1 Demo:
RTCW

Video:
True Crime
Sudeki
Godzilla
Run Like Hell
Kameo
Tao Feng
Impressions from other site:
"I just got my new OXM and it has a playable copy RTCW....Ah I'm not good at giving impressions but It looks+Sounds amazing*, runs at 60 and plays up to par with the Best FPS's on Xbox. I can't wait to play it live

*Much better than the PC version IMO." I think he said there was a co-op mode too.

Dark Enemy
03-25-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
I have some dead time so if this has not been posted here.

1 Demo:
RTCW

Video:
True Crime
Sudeki
Godzilla
Run Like Hell
Kameo
Tao Feng
Impressions from other site:
"I just got my new OXM and it has a playable copy RTCW....Ah I'm not good at giving impressions but It looks+Sounds amazing*, runs at 60 and plays up to par with the Best FPS's on Xbox. I can't wait to play it live

*Much better than the PC version IMO." I think he said there was a co-op mode too. \

Long time no see bro hows it been? Is the RTCW demo tite

No Fear 23
03-25-2003, 01:55 PM
thanks for the info brevity, im gonna pick this up at some newstand. (gotta renew mine)

and no, no one has not posted nething about the new OXM beside u.

im glad u found some time to post here :)

EDIT: what does RTCW stands for? i cant seem to figure out what game it is

Brevity
03-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by irule23
thanks for the info brevity, im gonna pick this up at some newstand. (gotta renew mine)

and no, no one has not posted nething about the new OXM beside u.

im glad u found some time to post here :)

EDIT: what does RTCW stands for? i cant seem to figure out what game it is
Sorry RETURN TO CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN.

Young_Fledgling
03-25-2003, 03:12 PM
ONE FRICKIN DEMO!!?!?! THATS IT?!?!?

omg how useless

JimmieDoogan
03-25-2003, 03:42 PM
I'm with ward... what kind of crap are they trying pull here. One freakin demo... BIG FREAKIN WOOP! I don't even understand how they can get away with that. Some of those video's sound cool, but is the Kameo video the same as last months? I bet it is... they should start doing video reviews and previews of the biggest titles per month... don't cha think that would be cool?

Viper87227
03-25-2003, 03:52 PM
while i was mad there was only one demo on this disk...at 1st i got over it cuz i thought taht RTCW would rock.

IT SUCKS! Sure the grafix and sound are amazing but what a game is all about it gameplay and that sucks. Not only is it hard...its confusing... and its very unrealistci with stupid zombies crawling around.

I was hopeing this would be the same style game as frontline....just better and im sadly disappointed. Ill play the demo again but as of now I dont plan on buying RTCW anymore

l Maximus l
03-25-2003, 03:56 PM
I'm highly anticipating RTCW...I'll look forward to the demo and check it out then.

DIGITAL
03-25-2003, 05:02 PM
Id rather have just one good demo then a buch of crappy ones an this game doesnt come out for another month or 2 so im glad oxm hooked us up with this playable first,cant wait for my issue

LynxFX
03-25-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
Not only is it hard...its confusing... and its very unrealistci with stupid zombies crawling around.
What were you expecting? This is Return to Castle Wolfenstein, not Reinactment of WWII. The series is based on zombies. I've played the PC version a whole lot and it was great. Multiplayer was great as well. Hopefully it translates to the Xbox well, although I doubt I will purchase it just because I've already played it to death.

Viper87227
03-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
What were you expecting? This is Return to Castle Wolfenstein, not Reinactment of WWII. The series is based on zombies. I've played the PC version a whole lot and it was great. Multiplayer was great as well. Hopefully it translates to the Xbox well, although I doubt I will purchase it just because I've already played it to death.

i knew there would be some unrealistic stuff as ive played the old Wolfenstien and loved it. I never played RTCW on PC cuz i dont have the specs so it was an entirly new game to me and I was dissapointed. I wish there was a mod to replace all the zombies with Nazis and maybe some adjustable difficulty. THen this would be a fun game

Shadow20002
03-25-2003, 05:23 PM
The PC version keep me busy for a 6 long months...can't wait what they gonna bring us in Xbox version. :cool:

DIGITAL
03-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
The PC version keep me busy for a 6 long months...can't wait what they gonna bring us in Xbox version. :cool: two words XBOX LIVE:eek:

No Fear 23
03-25-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
two words XBOX LIVE:eek:

Fo Shizzle

Toonz
03-25-2003, 07:15 PM
They should let us be Zombies in the mp portion hehe. Than instead of shouting " Medic " maybe I cuuld shout " brains, brains, BRAINS !!! "

yall
03-26-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Toonz
They should let us be Zombies in the mp portion hehe. Than instead of shouting " Medic " maybe I cuuld shout " brains, brains, BRAINS !!! "

LMFAO!:D

JJaX
03-26-2003, 12:07 PM
Cool, ive been aching to play some RTCW.

IS the demo pretty long?

DIGITAL
03-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Cool, ive been aching to play some RTCW.

IS the demo pretty long? i heard the demos 2 boards,should be kinda long

JJaX
03-26-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
i heard the demos 2 boards,should be kinda long

Cool, im gonna have to get it...

thedude
03-26-2003, 04:13 PM
this game is suspensfull!! and its a long ass **** demo!:eek:

VeNoMiZA
03-26-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by thedude
this game is suspensfull!! and its a long ass **** demo!:eek: so is it good?

thedude
03-26-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
so is it good?

graphics are lioke Oh ****!...the game gets me a little dizzy tho:( ..yea its good

VeNoMiZA
03-26-2003, 04:29 PM
LOL damn hows the game play? give me the specs cmon :D

thedude
03-26-2003, 04:33 PM
**** gets u in the game! scary mofo's/// especially when i get dizzy:D ..why is it that the good game get me dizzy damn!!

the controll is alrite... and gameplay is easy but hard... why do the human shoot at me?!?!?:confused: ..shoot at the zombies u kno'...

**** good sound to on the 5.1:cool: ..whatelse... dont crap ur pants ;)

VeNoMiZA
03-26-2003, 04:45 PM
LOL those humans are nazis and ur a american DUH :P and yea the level u play on the demo is it the one where u start off in a roof and u have to jump down? than u see some nazi shooting at the zombies? i got the game for pc but man my graphic card aint up to par u kno? can the graphics hang wit halo?

thedude
03-26-2003, 04:47 PM
much better then the old halo..hell yea!...the new halo2..i dunt know:D

yall
03-27-2003, 03:13 PM
I just got off the phone with my buddy who is just as knowledgable about FPS's as I consider myself to be. He got his demo disk a little while ago (I have mine sitting at home waiting for me!!!!) and he said the demo is 'great'. He said the graphics were phat, and that he thought there is a co-op mode in the demo as well. I'll post my thoughts after I play it for a while. I own the computer version so I'll be able to tell if its up to snuff or if activision dropped the ball.

l Maximus l
03-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Since I have never played RTCW on the PC, how would you compare the gameplay with Unreal Championship and Halo? (Obviously, both UC and Halo are radically different from one another and I'm interested in a comparison with both). I'm just impatient :D

Toonz
03-27-2003, 05:53 PM
I would say it has nothing really in common with HALO or UC other than it is a run and gun style game. While the SP is fun its nothing special. Like others have said where the game really shines is in MP. MP has one flaw in my opinion though, you really need to play this game in MP with the right group of players. A bunch of uncordinated strangers all on one team really sucks. You need a team effort to accomplish the goals of the MP maps. You are given a set of objectives ex. You start on a beach and must make your way up the beach and plant dynamite at 2 possible points to breach a base. Once inside you must make your way into the base's basement locate some documents and take those dcouments to a radio room and transmit them for victory. Your team is made of classes

Letiuenent ( spelling ? ) = These guys have the ability to call air strikes, artillery fire and are responsible for handing out ammo to the rest of the team. They have limited gun choice

Soldier = These guys have a large variety of guns to choose from and just that soldiers

Medics = limited guns but have the abillty to hand out med packs to heal you or even revive you after you have been killed providing you were not blown to bits by a rocket or something.

Engineers = limit guns but high grenade count these guys can plant and or disarm dynamite they can also repair machine gun nest type guns that a sometimes placed on maps if they are damaged.

It takes balancing of these classes to pull off the objectives.

Others include planting dynamite and 2 different radar stations, or breaching a hatch or controlling a large door at a airbase and destroying a radio atenna. Or destroying a sub in a underground base etc.

There are also maps where the objective is to have your team raise about 7 or 8 flags and when you manage to have your flag raised at every point your team wins

Hope this helps MAX. Maybe it was to much info hehe

DZNUTZ
03-27-2003, 06:29 PM
8 words

DDC WILL OWN YOU ALL AT THIS GAME
;)

MixMasta
03-27-2003, 07:29 PM
kinda off topic. but what about the reviews?? what are the scores and did they review this game??

yall
03-27-2003, 08:25 PM
OXM gave it a 9.2 which is pretty high, but sometimes their reviews are way off the mark. That being said, the demo is really good. Think of it as being slightly better than Medal of Honor in basicaly every category from graphics to AI. Add multi-player and co-op (which unfortunately can't be played via system link) and you have the recipe for a great game.

I have only 1 thought/complaint after playing the demo, it seemed a little too dark. But I also noticed all the movies on the disk seemed really dark as well. Anyone else experience this?

mtbaird5687
03-27-2003, 08:42 PM
yah waaaay to dark wwayyy to dark

Brevity
03-27-2003, 11:36 PM
Just beat both parts and WOW nice Frames Per Second- I donr know what it is speed wise but me likey. This game has many things I always wanted GR to have like, timed granades that you can prime, jump button,,and more. I so want this game.

natewebb
03-28-2003, 04:57 PM
1 demo? good thing I bought a new gaming PC this week. Age of mythology is quite nice indeed. This new PC will tide me over till xbox gets KOTOR and Brute Force

MixMasta
03-29-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
Just beat both parts and WOW nice Frames Per Second- I donr know what it is speed wise but me likey. This game has many things I always wanted GR to have like, timed granades that you can prime, jump button,,and more. I so want this game.

kinda off topic, but one more post till 2000 for brev!!!!!!!!

Brevity
03-29-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by MixMasta
kinda off topic, but one more post till 2000 for brev!!!!!!!!
Dude I did not even notice,,,Thanks MIX:)

Hitman101
03-29-2003, 08:16 AM
Wow, this game is actually good.:eek: I never would have thought that it would compare to the ever popular PC counter-part. I wonder how the PS2 version will turn out, with it ever popular crappy graphics and weak FPS controller. :D

Snapple
03-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
so is it good?

its an ok game...probly a rentle:) The graphics and sound may be cool and all but yea the game makes you dizzy. also its pretty corny when you kill the skeletins cause they blow up and its just...corny. also its a pretty long demo(i think) cause there a coop mod you can play along with single player

Toonz
03-29-2003, 04:06 PM
Upon its release as long as it does not suffer from the same poor performance UC does I think it will be best LIVE game there is to date