PDA

View Full Version : The Fastest Way to Get Games

selowitch
03-26-2003, 01:12 PM
I would like to discuss ways folks have of getting their games as quickly as possible.

<ol>
<li>Does it really make sense to pre-order? If so, from which dealers?</li>
<li>I’m experimenting with ordering games through my local video rental place. The owner does not normally sell games, but I find that he can get me stuff a day or two before typical retail stores and at the same price, but he is kind enough not to charge me shipping since it comes on the truck with lots of other stuff. I realize I’m benefitting from a good personal relationship, but what do folks think of this approach?</li>
</ol>

RudedogX
03-26-2003, 01:23 PM
In some cases, yes it pays to preorder. In my case when I preordered directly from the company that produced the game, I got the game 2 days before anyone else did, while at other places, you might wait a day or two after it comes out, but at least you're guaranteed of getting it instead of being forced to go out and hunt for a copy of a highly sought after game.

No Fear 23
03-26-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
In some cases, yes it pays to preorder. In my case when I preordered directly from the company that produced the game, I got the game 2 days before anyone else did, while at other places, you might wait a day or two after it comes out,

mmm, i didnt know that. maybe i should start preordering games like halo 2 and doom 3 :)

VeNoMiZA
03-26-2003, 02:01 PM
well i actually just go on the day the game comes out and buy it.. heh never preordered a game or anything. only told them to hold it for me.

Kraft
03-26-2003, 03:41 PM
Pre-ordering sometimes gives you added bonuses also. People who preordered Hunter: The Reckoning got a free DVD. People that preordered the new Zelda game also get OOT with it.

Shadow20002
03-26-2003, 06:00 PM
I never pre-order or order in online. Just go to Future Shop, EB games or any other kind of that stores to get what i want. But in the case Halo 2, maybe there are no more when the day this one coming out. ;)

wbio
03-26-2003, 07:29 PM
well, now if you pre order Brute Force, you get the ultimate halo companion dvd set which comes with the second exhibition disc and a dvd with a whole bunch of stuff about Brute Force and Halo on it. I posted all the info in some other thread called The ultimate Halo Companion DVD Set