PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR. 3 combat systems

thedrisc
03-26-2003, 01:48 PM
KOTOR will have 3 diffrent fighting systems.

1. real time
2. turn based like japanese rpg
3. a combo of the two were you can pause the game and choose your action.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/starwarsknightsoftor/media.html

watch interview 2

never heard of real time turne based being used together in a game. this game is going to rock.

Kraft
03-26-2003, 03:39 PM
Chronotrigger used something I guess you could call 'real time turn based fighting'. All it did was add a meter that filled up until you could attack, so if you wasted time picking and choosing what you were going to do the enemies would laugh and pummel you.

thedrisc
03-26-2003, 03:49 PM
this game lets you chose wich style you want at the begining of the game. it is not combing the styles for one type of gameplay. so those who like Japanese RPGs can choose that style. those that like morrowind kind of game play can choose real time and if you like neither you can select the third one.

MerimacHamwich
03-26-2003, 05:16 PM
Why would you ever want a turned based combat system? Real time all the way!

Shadow20002
03-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Why would you ever want a turned based combat system? Real time all the way!

Agree with you. Real-time is the best style on console !!!

Kortiz
03-26-2003, 11:48 PM
covers all the bases that way. if every game was that easy to customize. switch from one way to another and back again right?

that is pretty saweet.

Spartacus
03-27-2003, 02:24 AM
This is great news! I am really looking forward to this game.

JJaX
03-27-2003, 07:17 AM
I think the fighting system is more like 'secret of mana'

Were you would actually fight in real time, but if yu wanted to bust out a spell the game would pause.

This game is going to be awesome.

Hugh_Jass
03-27-2003, 12:14 PM
I'll probably play turn-based. I prefer strategy over twitch.

frog11983
03-27-2003, 08:29 PM
This game looks kickin. from the little trailer video i saw it looked like the game kinda went into slow motion when you wanted to choose an attack, then it would resume to normal speed once you chose the attack. but the idea of choosing real time or turn based is really cool... i am gonna go with real time though.

woohoo starwars!