PDA

View Full Version : laughf of the century

Bozzie
03-27-2003, 06:58 AM
Sources in the commercial dept of Micro$oft say, that Micro$oft suffers a loss of 100 USD on every X-box sold.

So X-box owners please be aware of the fact that in the near future Micro$oft will most certainly stop the support of the X-box and leave you people standing in the rain!
:mad:

Himji
03-27-2003, 08:13 AM
Erm ALL console makers make losses on each unit of the console sold

They make thier money from software sales since they gain royalties from those so I think you're being a trifle naive to think that microsoft will pull the plug on the XBOX just because of that information you've dug up.

VeNoMiZA
03-27-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Bozzie
Sources in the commercial dept of Micro$oft say, that Micro$oft suffers a loss of 100 USD on every X-box sold.

So X-box owners please be aware of the fact that in the near future Micro$oft will most certainly stop the support of the X-box and leave you people standing in the rain!
:mad: http://www.ileet.net/images/lolololol.jpg

Dre
03-27-2003, 10:45 AM

Did you seriously take the time to register and join the forums just to say that? Cuz the way you said it, you sound like a PS2 or Gamecube fanboy trying to incite a reaction among us. You wouldn't be the first troll to come around...

Its been public knowledge since b4 any of the next-gen consoles were released that all 3 would lose money from hardware. The console makers get their $$ from software sales. It ain't just MS kid, Sony and Nintendo also make their $$ through software sales. Welcome to 2003... where the hell have you been?

RudedogX
03-27-2003, 11:24 AM
http://www.ileet.net/images/interestingpost.gif

See, that's how impressive an arguement you put up there was.:D

l Maximus l
03-27-2003, 03:57 PM
:rolleyes:

And to think, Microsoft could purchase the entire Sony Corporation 20 times over (yes, that not only includes the money they make from the PS2, but also their television, stereos, DVD players, VCRs, and all other electronic appliances as well as their music contractuals).

I strongly doubt MS will pull the plug on XBox. I'm willing to bet my sack on it, too :D

No Fear 23
03-27-2003, 04:36 PM
lol venomiza, where are u getting those funny pics?

im with maxy, i bet my sack full of money on it (20$ is all i have) :D ;)

wweomaniac
03-27-2003, 04:43 PM
I was thinking.... sure MS loses $100 for every xbox made, but if you think about it... through every DVD kit they sell... they'll make back $20 (assuming it costs $10 for production charges)

so that only leaves $80.

And btw... I don't think MS is going to quit on the xbox sicne it seems like theyre trying to push themselves into another sector of business... the video game business. They can't depend on the software sector that much longer since a lot of people are turing to linux, and fewer and fewer people are buying new computers.

Variation-XBA
03-27-2003, 07:09 PM
http://ileet.net/images/BanHim.jpg
;)

Nat
03-27-2003, 07:55 PM
It's not entirely true that every console loses money. I'm pretty sure that Nintendo is the only company that makes a tiny profit from each system sold. I saw that in one of IGNCube's Mailbags. Doesn't make a difference for Sony or Microsoft though, as they have many other business ventures to keep them afloat.

Bravo_2
03-27-2003, 08:16 PM
http://starterupsteve.servepics.com:60000/funny2/Couple.jpg

Cyclone
03-27-2003, 08:18 PM
He's a noob that thinks its cool to spell Microsoft like "Micro$oft". I think we should all listen to him because he's proved that he really knows his stuff :rolleyes: ;)
MS..er excuse me, M$ has enough money where losing money on every console sold isn't going to hurt them. What's $100 when you're a freakin billionaire with like the largest company with the most money in the world? Bill Gates wipes his ass with $100 bills :P
Also Mr. I hate M$...What operating system are you using?

Reclaimer
03-27-2003, 09:07 PM

The first part of what you said is old news.

The second is pure crap.

Microsoft isn't going to go out of business. Not today, and not tomorrow, or anytime in the near future.

NINE BREAKER
03-27-2003, 11:04 PM
Well, I can't say much more than what has allready been said except MORON!!!!!!!

LongBow
03-28-2003, 07:53 AM
"laughf of the century" Hehehe, yes. Im getting the laughf of the century from you and your sorry As$ Ps2/GCN fanboyism lol

Bozzie
03-28-2003, 10:34 AM
Ofcourse you are all right....nou doubt about that.
M$ can buy Sony 20 times I read in some of the replies.
Not!!!! because geek Bill would have done so if he could.
You suckers keep on playing wit your Intel boards which didn't make it in the regular pc industry because of a software (bios) bug.
So the only thing one can do is play a game or two.
Or bypass the bios and run someting like Linux, the OS for the 21st century.

Message to you all: kiss my ass and dream on!

Master Gracey
03-28-2003, 10:37 AM
You're still here...?

**Gracey looks up "pest removal" in the phone book**

Bozzie
03-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Variation
http://ileet.net/images/BanHim.jpg
;)

Pathetic idiot!

Master Gracey
03-28-2003, 10:41 AM
Pathetic idiot!

Aw, c'mon... be sensible. Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor!! :)

RudedogX
03-28-2003, 10:59 AM
http://www.ileet.net/images/talkingaboutbox.gif

No? Damn, what a shock!:rolleyes: Go away kid...you're botherin' everyone else on this board. I do enjoy watching you get your ass verbally handed to you though!:cool:

SkoalMint
03-28-2003, 11:23 AM
Pathetic idiot!

Yet you're the one that comes to an Xbox site spouting that pathetic dribble? Did you really think you would come here and convert us all to Xbox haters with the inaccurate conclusions you draw from your flawed analyses? Your arguments were lost before you registered at this site.

Dre
03-28-2003, 12:00 PM
You suckers keep on playing wit your Intel boards which didn't make it in the regular pc industry because of a software (bios) bug.

??? Been hanging around the tire fire a bit to long?

But if what you say is true, I wish someone would have told me. Then I could count myself, and the other 10000 members on this board, lucky for being able to play more than "a game or two".

Seriously though, as a recent computer engineering graduate, I just gotta laugh at you. I also got my friend who's about to graduate, to come read your post so he could have a good laugh too. You're really quite a clueless fellow aren't ya!

Intel boards which didn't make it in the regular PC industry because of a software (bios) bug:
- the boards are designed for the Xbox and wouldn't work on a PC anyway. They're never intended to. Its like trying to take your toaster to replace your car battery. It just ain't gonna work.

- If there were a software bios bug, all they would do is fix the software and reflash the bios. Since you seem so ignorant of technology, that means you erase the bios and replace it with a new "unbugged" one.

- I think I already pointed out how stupid that comment made you look, no need to further make you look like an ass.

- That is a a good option for people that want to tinker around with the Xbox. Nothing bad with someone modding their Xbox to run Linux. However, with the apparent lack of knowledge you've demonstrated for anything technical, I think its safe to say that you should definitely stick away from Linux.

As for Linux being the OS for the 21st century, I hope it does gain popularity. Its free and powerful. But its got ALOT of user-friendliness to improve upon before it can be widespread among the common computer user. And thats why it won't be the default OS of choice for a while. As for an OS being an OS for a whole century, well, that just makes you look stupid again and ignorant of technological change :D

Anyways, why you putting such hate out on these boards? Its pretty obvious to anyone that you know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about, and although you do amuse us all with your childish antics and ignorant claims, why don't you inform yourself a bit? Then maybe you could actually sound somewhat intelligent and debate a bit. Check this site out for info on the specs...

y2kash_14
03-29-2003, 10:27 PM

Message to you: http://www.yorkhost.com/panos/jokes/Pics_adult1/images/Estrada-you%27re%20a%20homo.jpg

Cyclone
03-30-2003, 05:55 PM
Ofcourse you are all right....nou doubt about that.
M$ can buy Sony 20 times I read in some of the replies.
Not!!!! because geek Bill would have done so if he could.

What the hell are you even talking about?
1. Intel is probably one of the biggest computer companies right now. Didn't make it in the PC industry? I don't think so sir, Intel is doing pretty well right now. Also, bios and software aren't the same thing. Read up noob.
2. Bill Gates could buy Sony if he WANTED to.
3. Linux sucks.
4. I'm 101% sure that you don't use Linux or even know how to. Hell, I doubt you even know what it is.
5. Dream on? If you're going to use a term from the 80's, at least use it probably dumbass.

Oh please oh holy one, please come back and insult me some for I need a good laugh.

Kortiz
03-30-2003, 06:14 PM
i remember one time, at band camp......we all shoved xbox's up our asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyclone
03-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
i remember one time, at band camp......we all shoved xbox's up our asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that was just you :P

Variation-XBA
03-30-2003, 11:45 PM
This thread sure has dwindled....:confused:
http://www.ileet.net/images/noonelikes.jpg

Master Gracey
03-30-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Variation
This thread sure has dwindled....:confused:

I fail to see how a thread could dwindle when it had nothing to work with in the first place. :D

Variation-XBA
03-31-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
I fail to see how a thread could dwindle when it had nothing to work with in the first place. :D

True enough;)