PDA

View Full Version : tao fang and game spot

odpr
03-27-2003, 08:07 AM
what is the deal with ?

gamespot, say it's an awful game, and there is no reason to touch it. they say that the fighting system is ridicules and worth nothing.

what do u thin about t it ? those who play it..

bye
o

RudedogX
03-27-2003, 08:26 AM
Check the reviews on the main site.:)

Kraft
03-27-2003, 10:17 AM
Im not sure what to think about this game right now. Since the people here think it is good I am betting I will like it, but gamespot ripped into it as did EGM, which gave it a 5.5 out of 10. Not going to heed that, though, and check this game out anyways.

RudedogX
03-27-2003, 10:18 AM
Well, OXM didn't give it too high a score either. I think it was something like 6.6 or something.

CrazyCougar
03-27-2003, 10:29 AM
I just rented it and didnt care for it much at all. The graphics are stunning, but the fighting just felt way to easy. Just my own opinion really, but as far as I could tell there was nothing new that another fighting game in the past has already done.

JJaX
03-27-2003, 11:39 AM
*sigh*

A medicore fighter to fill the void until SC2. Nothing more, nothing less.

Spaztic
03-27-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
*sigh*

ditto
;)

DIGITAL
03-27-2003, 01:16 PM
damm am i the only one having fun playing this game,me an my friends been playing nonstop ,but were always fighting over who gets to play as master sage an jade dragon,this game is deep once you start learning all the moves

EHWfedPres
03-27-2003, 01:28 PM
I think its a good game...

MerimacHamwich
03-27-2003, 02:01 PM
I thought DOA 3 was too easy but everyone said it was great.

This game looks to me lik a fighting game I might actually like. It incorporates things that should be standard in every fighting game.

LTM360
03-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
I thought DOA 3 was too easy but everyone said it was great.

This game looks to me lik a fighting game I might actually like. It incorporates things that should be standard in every fighting game.

I think DOA is a very easy game, just for some reason It was fun for me.

Well, if you look a few posts back about Tao Feng. I said that this would be over-hyped and end up as another Kakuto Cojin. Well, most people think im right. I love it when I'm right =)

l Maximus l
03-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Honestly, this was a surprise to me. I guess they were successful in creating the hype about it. I haven't played it yet, so, I don't have an opinion...just my observation. :o

Shadow20002
03-28-2003, 12:14 PM
I have saw many reviews on this game. I can really say it's just a mediocre title (around 6.0 on 10). Just don't know what is going on with this title. :rolleyes:

Dre
03-28-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
*sigh*

When's SC2 supposed to be comin?

darianX
03-28-2003, 03:07 PM
I've played the arcade version of Soul Caliber 2 and I really don't see why folks are wetting their pants. It's a fun game for sure, but people act like it's the second coming of Christ. It seemed to play almost identical to the DC version with much bigger buttons :), but I really didn't see anything different in the play. New combos were the only thing that stuck out to me. As for Tao Feng, I bought it right off because the wife loves fighting games. I loved the simplicity of DOA3, and TF has elements of that but you can't play it like DOA. Frankly I wasn't impressed right away because blocking is way different than DOA, but the longer I played the more I enjoyed it. I believe you have to give it more than 10 minutes...more like a few days before seeing what's all involved with it.

JJaX
03-28-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Dre
When's SC2 supposed to be comin?

Hopefully in september...

A long wait indeed :(

Kortiz
03-28-2003, 09:14 PM
i played sc2 in an arcade at a movie theater. it looked good, but i was unimpressed. it looked like sc1 for dc. completely the same as far as i was concerned........that isnt to say it wasnt fun.

i had a blast.

i cant wait for it to come out on xbox. even if it is the same with a new campaign mode, ill still enjoy it thoroughly.

the DC version is still god to all fighting games.

nashpred31
03-30-2003, 02:25 AM
:confused: uh very nice looking sound and music ok but game was very very very very very very very very very very bad not to say others wont like it but hated it played like your basic bad fighting game that is all graphics and hype. i had some fun but not much when you play you play towards an empty void of nothing like when you finish a good game you feel like you did something grand this game makes you sit there and go where did the hours go! and then you cant believe you wasted so much time on a boring game :eek: those who like it cool but for me i cant stand it
http://www.avpnews.com/avp2/species/predator2.jpg:D Long live Aliens vs Predator!!!!!!!!