PDA

View Full Version : EA cans all future Maddens for Xbox!!!

Heavens Gate
03-27-2003, 08:34 AM
I heard it on G4TV that Madden was cancelled for the Xbox in the future. It was announced on Pulse.

Seawolf X
03-27-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Heavens Gate
I heard this on G4TV . The show was called Pulse and they said Madden is no more on Xbox!!!

Great news! EA sux ass anyways...:)

VeNoMiZA
03-27-2003, 08:43 AM
YAY!!!! no EA can call up madden him slef and shove his fat old azz in their furry butts :D. on the serious note, now you cna see that EA has beef with microsoft. well it dosnt matter anyways to me i never liked the maddens feel like im swimming when i play that game, if a guy is two feet away from you why do MOST of the time the players miss the tackles??? :eek: hehe.

Snake Eyez
03-27-2003, 10:05 AM
Any links to sources so we can all verify?

Kraft
03-27-2003, 10:13 AM
*tries to act suprised, but fails* I would care, except we have a great sega sports franchise already on the xbox, and hopefully MS will beef up their fever game to be a little better. Even if Madden was still on XBox, EA would never implement online gameplay which in my view should now be standard in a sports game like that.

CrazyCougar
03-27-2003, 10:27 AM
This kinda sucks because I love the integration with NCAA 2003 Football(best football game ever) and Madden. I sure hope Sega gets their college game in line with the 2k3 series. Then I'll be happy again.

DZNUTZ
03-27-2003, 11:16 AM
well i can say i am shocked. they've been shooting their selves in the foot...but now the HEAD?!?!?!

oh well..i wouldn't of even considered purchasing a madden for xbox again if it wasn't live...so i guess it really doesn't matter to me.

still tho..i just don't get it :rolleyes:

LynxFX
03-27-2003, 11:34 AM
Who's that company inbed with Sony....

It's You! It's You!

Who's not gonna give you any more money?

It's Me! It's Me!

http://www.lynxfx.com/junk/easucks.jpg

ZeroAmp
03-27-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Seawolf X
Great news! EA sux ass anyways...:)

Agreed. :eek:

thunderkiss2k1
03-27-2003, 12:25 PM
According to a spokesman from Xbox support, it is just a rumor.

MaxPain
03-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1
According to a spokesman from Xbox support, it is just a rumor.

Hopefully its true.. EA is definetly EVIL. :confused:

JJaX
03-27-2003, 12:42 PM
Who cares? NFL2k3 is better and has live support.

And this is coming from a use-to-be madden fan.

DZNUTZ
03-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Who cares? NFL2k3 is better and has live support.

And this is coming from a use-to-be madden fan.

OMG!!!

i'm seriously considering putting this qoute in my sig.

btw..i perfer sega now as well ...and i have played madden since it first came out.

thunderkiss2k1
03-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Topic: Is it true that EA has cancelled all future Xbox versions of Madden?
Mike Pollock Hello and welcome to the Xbox Interactive Online Support for Canada and the US, my name is Mike.
Me- hello
Me- attempting to confirm the rumor
Mike Pollock We have not heard any such informationn yet. It is likely just a rumour.
Me- ok, it's going all over the net. just wanted to find out for sure. thank you for your time
Mike Pollock You're welcome! If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate and come back to see us again. Thank you for using the Xbox Interactive Online Support!

MerimacHamwich
03-27-2003, 01:21 PM
Good Riddance.

-edit-
LynxFX XBA gets the funniest post of the month award!
That was awesome. You even edited your planet picture.

:D

ARONO129
03-27-2003, 01:25 PM
Scary thing is that EA cancelled future Madden's for the GC so who knows maybe they have a deal with Sony or something. I thought Madden sold well on the Xbox?

I'm one of the four people in the world that loves the NFL Fever series. I think Madden is over-rated but it would be a big loss for the Xbox to lose Madden. Things like this have a domino effect.

If true I would boycott EA like I'm boycotting the RAW series. End of wild tangent.

l Maximus l
03-27-2003, 03:52 PM
JJaX says it perfectly. If this were true, who the hell would care if EA pulls Madden for XBox? EA isn't making it on-line and besides, if I want graphics like that, I'll go buy a PoS2 :(

Spaztic
03-27-2003, 04:11 PM
Thats to bad, I wouldn't have bought that game if it was the only football game out.....its kinda sad becuase I wouldn't even download it for free.....waste of bandwidth!

ImmortalTech
03-27-2003, 04:35 PM
nfl fever series is so much better i don't like madden at all.

ARONO129
03-27-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ImmortalTech
nfl fever series is so much better i don't like madden at all.

I traded Madden '03 for Fever '03. IMO Fever is awesome. The graphics are amazing. The A.I. has been improved. There aren't as many floater passes. The DPP is the best innovation I've seen in a video game in a long time. In two years they have done more than Madden has ever done. People don't give Fever the credit it deserves.

No Fear 23
03-27-2003, 08:11 PM
u know, if there was an EA worker walkin by me, i'd jump him.

nuff said. i hate ea

Cyclone
03-27-2003, 08:22 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing EA go down :)

Xbox Owner
03-27-2003, 08:43 PM
umm.. i see everyone saying this is great news

well, it's horrible news (if it is true)

do i like madden/ea? NO!
But a bunch of people that do actually own Xbox.. do. So it's not good news.

CharlieHustle
03-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Well i dont know about most of yall. But, im not a big EA fan, but i still love madden i bought the last 2 maddens after about a four year hiedas(sp?). But one thing i know is that people like me still do buy systems because of their sports games. And madden would have been another option for a football game for us consumers to buy. I have madden 2003 and i actually picked it over nfl2k3, that and ncaa 2003 are the only 2 ea titles i bought in the last 5 years. What im sayin is that Madden is a large franchise and they do pull a lotta consumers. If ea is goin to be stupid and they are really only hurtin themselves because we still have other options and good ones at that. Anyways if madden wasnt goin to be LIVE next year it wasnt goin to be my choice of game to get anyways. Also i believe that sega sports will surpass ea's football game by this year anyways. I didnt get live to bring all my friends, who have an xbox, over to my house to eat all my damn food. All i have to say to ea is good riddens and what a terrible move they have made.

MerimacHamwich
03-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Fever is the best football game in my opinion. Then NFL 2k3 and then Madden. To tell you the truth, I never liked the madden series.

Frostberg
03-28-2003, 01:02 AM
Sega Sports has owned football since 2k for the DC. Fever 04 might have a chance if they actually add something new...

If Madden supported XBL it might of mattered..

l Maximus l
03-28-2003, 02:00 AM
One thing that annoys me about Fever is that onside kicks are way too easy to perform. If anyone has played this on-line, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Unreal
03-28-2003, 02:26 AM
No big lose for me :D

BCan
03-28-2003, 02:49 AM
Don't be surprised, if this rumour becomes true for all of the EA yearly updated sports titles. It seems to me that they have an issue that they can't control when the game will and won't have LIVE support. So they can't take off the old version off LIVE to force everyone to buy the new one.

EA has had many years to get this right, and it has taken 18 or more months after the release of the console for them to make a decision on LIVE. Every other company that supports LIVE has gone along with what MS has had to offer.... They take the line that if the new game warrants a person buying it, they will do it, not force them to get the new game by taking LIVE support away from them.

There are a few EA games that they only distribute, which do have LIVE support, such as The Sims, which I hear is coming to XBOX. Will we see them totally go stupid and not distribute a game that has any LIVE support, making plenty of software houses change distributors.......

MaxPain
03-28-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
One thing that annoys me about Fever is that onside kicks are way too easy to perform. If anyone has played this on-line, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Ahahaa.. thats all I ever do.. and get it like 75% of the time.. or more :)

ImmortalTech
03-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by ARONO129
I traded Madden '03 for Fever '03. IMO Fever is awesome. The graphics are amazing. The A.I. has been improved. There aren't as many floater passes. The DPP is the best innovation I've seen in a video game in a long time. In two years they have done more than Madden has ever done. People don't give Fever the credit it deserves.

you are truely right, Fever is probably the best football game out there, but none seems to notice. I think the whole thing with madden is getting old fast and everyone would be sooooo much better with Fever.