PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones: Music Problem

selowitch
03-27-2003, 03:01 PM
Has anyone else discovered major “stuttering” problems with the music for IJET? It’s incredibly annoying; it’s akin to a framerate/flicker problem, only with sound rather than video.

It is quite distracting and may even interfere with gameplay by making the processor skip a beat.

I’m willing to bet that the developer didn’t do enough playtesting on a real Xbox instead of a powerful mainframe that typically is used to program console software. Is there anything I can do?

selowitch
03-27-2003, 06:37 PM
It seems that if you pause the game for a few moments when the stuttering occurs, the music seems to “catch up” with the video, alleviating the problem! Thank goodness.
My apologies to any mainframes that may have been insulted by my earlier remark.

Cyclone
03-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by selowitch
Has anyone else discovered major “stuttering” problems with the music for IJET? It’s incredibly annoying; it’s akin to a framerate/flicker problem, only with sound rather than video.

It is quite distracting and may even interfere with gameplay by making the processor skip a beat.

I’m willing to bet that the developer didn’t do enough playtesting on a real Xbox instead of a powerful mainframe that typically is used to program console software. Is there anything I can do?

Their dev xbox isnt much different from our Xbox except more ram and a bigger hd if I recall correctly. Of course it obviously has different software too :P

Heavens Gate
03-30-2003, 05:50 AM
I have the same problem. It's not too bad though