PDA

View Full Version : anyone out there addicted to morrowind?

the_wank3r
03-27-2003, 08:04 PM
I find this game EXTREMELY open ended and EXTREMELY ADDICTING. is it just me or are there a bunch of addicts out there?

Master Gracey
03-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Just wait until Pirates of the Caribbean comes out... it's also going to be really open-ended, it's also made by Bethesda, and it sounds alot like Pirates Gold, which I think is the best game ever made. :D

MerimacHamwich
03-27-2003, 09:12 PM
Gracey, do you mean Sea Dogs II? I never heard about Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yes, Morrowind is great. Its even better with the expansion!

CarGuy
03-27-2003, 09:31 PM
Yes, i've been playing it constantly since it was released. There's still soooooo much to do. I've beat the main quest the right way and the back door way and there's still a lot to do.

Variation-XBA
03-27-2003, 09:41 PM
I'll give it another go when the new addon comes out

SPARTAN VI
03-27-2003, 10:31 PM
Morrowind is awesome, too bad I sold it.. It did kinda get old after you become invincible AND the frequent crashes ad DDE really pi5sed me off. The load times after that was a horrible bonus....

But the game was awesome, when I'm actually playing it instead of waiting for it to load.

shrew king
03-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Yeah it gets kind of boring when the challenge is gone. It is a game that was well worth the money though so I'm happy.

Shadow20002
03-27-2003, 11:52 PM
A title that keep me busy for at least 6 hours a day (playing twice a day), Morrowind is just big. Great time with it. :cool:

MaxPain
03-28-2003, 01:01 AM
After playing Ultima Online (online rpg) for 5 years.. well I quit about 2 weeks ago... I can't really play a RPG like morrowind with NPC players all around. And no one really to interact with.. seems so.. dead. when I did play UO I didn roleplay either.. I pvp'd. (player vs player)... yeah so.. UO is kinda like everquest.. just not g4y like... but EA screwed everyone with the release of UO: Age of Shadows... so everyone is in hte process of selling off all their sh*t and quitting.

LongBow
03-28-2003, 07:46 AM
Yup, this ones good :) There just so much to do... I like magic... hehe... I want that ex-pack disk for the xbox! Dose anyone know anything more about it?

SkoalMint
03-28-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Gracey, do you mean Sea Dogs II? I never heard about Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yes, Morrowind is great. Its even better with the expansion!

Sea Dogs II appears to be scrapped in favor of Pirates of the Caribbean (http://pirates.bethsoft.com). The game is going to be based on the Disney movie (based on the ride) that is coming out this summer. So far, the game looks pretty good.

Master Gracey
03-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
Sea Dogs II appears to be scrapped in favor of Pirates of the Caribbean (http://pirates.bethsoft.com).

Maybe, maybe not... I made a post about this yesterday. :D There are two rumors: one is that SD2 is cancelled, the other is that it's been delayed until mid-October.

Remember, Bethesda wasn't the company making Sea Dogs 2. They were merely the distributor. The producer was a Russian company called Akella. Bethesda is actually producing Pirates of the Caribbean, so I think they delayed SD2 so as not to conflict with their own game. SD2 was very close to finished, and has been in production for two years... I doubt it'd be cancelled. And if Bethesda decides not to distribute it, I'm sure Akella will find some other company.

SkoalMint
03-28-2003, 11:27 AM
Sorry Gracey - I haven't seen your other post yet. Anyway, I agree, which is why I said "appears", as I have also seen conflicting information. One article I read went so far as to say that they just re-named Sea Dogs II, which is obviously not true. Regardless, POTC looks like it should be pretty good.

JJaX
03-28-2003, 11:39 AM
Ya i saw a add for POTC in the latest EGM. It looks like its going to be a lot better than morrowind.

But i think most of us RPG lovers went through our morrowind stage :D

I played that game throught out the summer.

CarGuy
03-28-2003, 12:40 PM
"I want that ex-pack disk for the xbox! Dose anyone know anything more about it?"

A lot of people seem sure there's a "Morrowind Gold" Disc coming out, but i havent heard or read an official word yet. Bethesda even says it couldnt release an expansion the same way as they do for PC. We'll have to see what they cook up, i'm not holding my breath.