PDA

View Full Version : Would it be cool if microsoft made a handheld?

Snapple
03-28-2003, 09:34 PM
I think it would be cool if microsoft would make a handheld system like the gba for example. except it would have way better graphics and probly a lot more and better featurs.

wweomaniac
03-28-2003, 09:44 PM
it wouldnt have a chance against the nintendo..unless...

if it were to have release one right now since its seems like the ideal time since Nintendo seems to only want to work on what they have and only improve on the look of the GBA without changing the graphics capabilities.

if MS could make a far better one... why would people want to buy the GBA SP? but N-Gage is coming out soon and should provide some competition, but I don't think it will fair that well since nokia isnt really a developed brand name in the video game business.

Hitman101
03-28-2003, 09:45 PM
Yeah, It would be cool if Microsoft went handheld but they would get so pretty tough competition for Ninentdo with there ever popular Gameboy systems.

ImmortalTech
03-28-2003, 10:36 PM
that's true they would be against Nintendo, but if it had better graphics and more features then Microsoft would run away with it. I don't know though if Microsoft would touch that business cause Nintendo has it pretty locked up, see what happened to the sega handheld.

Knight
03-28-2003, 10:41 PM
Yes it would but microsoft isn't going to make one, but maybe Sony will.

l Maximus l
03-28-2003, 11:31 PM
I'd buy one :)

MerimacHamwich
03-28-2003, 11:50 PM
I don't like handhelds. When I am in a line up for something it is going to be something important and I will want to know what is happening around me. When I am travelling in a vehicle I get sick if I play handhelds. When I am at home I would rather play my regular console than a handheld.

For me there is absolutely no use for a handheld. They are pointless.

Hitman101
03-29-2003, 08:19 AM
I thin k Microsoft is making a handheld device but I don't think its for gaming.............I think its more of a handheld media player.

Kraft
03-29-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

I'm with ya there on that one maxi... especially if you could hook it up like a controller GBA/GC style. How great would it be to be playing a football game and selecting plays from your controller? Sega was on to something with their dreamcast VMU and Nintendo realized it, but they haven't seemed to harness it as well as it could be yet.

LTM360
03-29-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Knight
Yes it would but microsoft isn't going to make one, but maybe Sony will.

I'm almost 99.9% positive that Sony is already working on one. But I'm not buying it. I'll stick with Nintendo on Handhelds forever.

Snapple
03-29-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

im with you on that! And if MS did make a handheld it wouldnt really matter if we went against nintendo cause isnt MS already competing with them....but like knight and ltm said...i bet sony is gonna release one soon!

btw: i dunno if makeing a handheld would be a copyright our not since nintendo was the first to make them:confused:

if MS did make a handheld they should make a feature were you can download games from the xbox into the handheld so that way you could play halo or something on the road with full quality:cool:

Kraft
03-29-2003, 12:52 PM
It's not a copyright violation unless they steal components out of an already made system. That would be like ford saying they have a copyright on trucks since they made the first one and noone else could make trucks except them anymore.

Snapple
03-29-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
It's not a copyright violation unless they steal components out of an already made system. That would be like ford saying they have a copyright on trucks since they made the first one and noone else could make trucks except them anymore.

o.....so it is possible that MS could make one but they might get blown in sales since nintendo has the history of makeing em

Kraft
03-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
o.....so it is possible that MS could make one but they might get blown in sales since nintendo has the history of makeing em

Very possible. But then again, Nintendo also had a history of making great consoles, as did Sega. You never know what is going to happen in the console world.

TheChunkyMidget
03-29-2003, 01:10 PM
i personally would buy a handheld made by microsoft.but like it was said easrlier.microsoft would throw in extra added features.lol..so i would,with the success of the xbox i believe they would do well in the handheld dep.

Snapple
03-29-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Very possible. But then again, Nintendo also had a history of making great consoles, as did Sega. You never know what is going to happen in the console world.

yea sega and nintendo have a history of makeing consoles and look were they are now...

Sega-almost outta buisness

Nintendo-getting blown away by sony and microsoft

Knowing Microsoft i bet they have some plan to make a handheld...they always have a plan ahead of the future

MerimacHamwich
03-29-2003, 01:30 PM
yea sega and nintendo have a history of makeing consoles and look were they are now...

Sega-almost outta buisness

Nintendo-getting blown away by sony and microsoft

Knowing Microsoft i bet they have some plan to make a handheld...they always have a plan ahead of the future
Is it really possible to plan ahead of the future? Physics says no.
:)

Snapple
03-29-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Is it really possible to plan ahead of the future? Physics says no.
:)

lol, well like have some great pan that will yet once be a SUCCESS!!!

Nameless
03-29-2003, 01:39 PM
]if MS did make a handheld they should make a feature were you can download games from the xbox into the handheld so that way you could play halo or something on the road with full quality:cool:

That wouldn't work on a handheld...

Kraft
03-29-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Nameless

Not halo per se' but they might be able to make it so you can d/l simple games off of xbox live :)

Snapple
03-29-2003, 01:50 PM

gee thanx for makeing my nice thought brought down to HELL!!! j/k

but im just saying it may not work but its a really cool idea:) or maybe not downloading games off xbox but like from the internet

Nameless
03-29-2003, 01:58 PM
but im just saying it may not work but its a really cool idea:) or maybe not downloading games off xbox but like from the internet

That would also be bad. If you could just dl Xbox games of the net and put them on a hand held it would ruin the Xbox, who would pay $50+ for a game when they can dl it for free? I know some will say they would still pay, but the truth is the majority wouldn't.

If you weren't talkin about Xbox games but were refering to what Kraft said (which is actually an interesting idea) than disregard my post.

Snapple
03-29-2003, 04:49 PM
That would also be bad. If you could just dl Xbox games of the net and put them on a hand held it would ruin the Xbox, who would pay $50+ for a game when they can dl it for free? I know some will say they would still pay, but the truth is the majority wouldn't.

If you weren't talkin about Xbox games but were refering to what Kraft said (which is actually an interesting idea) than disregard my post.

im just talking about your average internet games like snake,ping pong, blaster ball those kinds of games not actually xbox games just your average internet games:)

shrew king
03-29-2003, 05:13 PM
I think they'd need to wait and establish themselves as a well known game developer, and have a bigger user base. They could definitely blow the competition out of the water capability wise, but that doesn't mean people will buy it.

Snapple
03-29-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
I think they'd need to wait and establish themselves as a well known game developer, and have a bigger user base. They could definitely blow the competition out of the water capability wise, but that doesn't mean people will buy it.

and they havent done so yet with the xbox:rolleyes: IMO i think xbox is gaining a bunch of fame as for being a new consle introuduced to our world:D by a new comany in the consle world

Nameless
03-29-2003, 06:08 PM
and they havent done so yet with the xbox:rolleyes: IMO i think xbox is gaining a bunch of fame as for being a new consle introuduced to our world:D by a new comany in the consle world

But don't forget that Microsoft isn't a new company in the business world. They have the funds to make this thing work, and they are basically a household name now in our day. So that I think made a big difference in how well it was doing, but now the Microsoft name I don't think has too much to do with its sucsess.

Snapple
03-29-2003, 06:32 PM
but now the Microsoft name I don't think has too much to do with its sucsess.

uhhhhhhhhhhh...bill gates? lol j/k

yes, microsoft does have a good succes with almost all their products which is a reason why i think they would do good if they made a handheld

Nameless
03-29-2003, 06:45 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhh...bill gates? lol j/k

yes, microsoft does have a good succes with almost all their products which is a reason why i think they would do good if they made a handheld

A lil, hell a lot OT, but what exactly does Bill Gates do? Does he program Windows or anything? Educate me someone.

Snapple
03-29-2003, 06:49 PM
A lil, hell a lot OT, but what exactly does Bill Gates do? Does he program Windows or anything? Educate me someone.

he whipes his ass with 100 dollar bills then invents some toy that will make him yet ANOTHER billion.....:D

Trento52
03-31-2003, 09:04 PM
It would be so cool if microsoft came out with a handheld. Because nintendo newest gameboy and it is ok but i thought by now it would be more complex then just a super nintendo which still kicks ass. Also gameboys are the only thing keeping nintendo afloat, gamecube was a flop, and unless microsoft came out with sweet games and competetive prices i think it could blow away competition:cool: