PDA

View Full Version : XBOX has problems playing DVD's ????????????????

Vteck3000
12-02-2001, 11:38 AM
Have you went to the IGN dvd site. They claim that you cannot play FINAL FANTASY and LEGEND OF THE DRUNKEN MASTER ( Jackie Chan ) on the XBOX. It doesn't recognized the dvd. Is anyone here can testify to this problem ?????? :confused:
I don't have those dvd's but hopefully that problem will begin and end with these two. I don't want a machine that will fallow in the footsteps of PS2 :mad:
Thank you.

Kumitsu
12-02-2001, 12:45 PM
thats BULL, i was watching final fantasy the spirits within yesterday and it didnt crash at all, and i didnt have any problems playing it at all.

Shadowhawk
12-02-2001, 06:16 PM
Just to add to this, I've tested my copy of Legend of Drunken Master and the XBox has no problems with it. Plays and looks/sounds great. I've dropped IGN a note about this also (copied below).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your XBox DVD compatibility list you show both Legend of Drunken Master and Final Fantasy as DVDs that the XBox (equipped with the DVD playback kit) cannot read.

I must disagree, having tried my own copy of Legend of Drunken Master and having heard from a friend who tried Final Fantasy. Both have worked on our XBox units.

I have over 300 DVDs in my home collection, and thus far the only ones I am unable to play are DVD-A (DVD Audio) discs which are hard coded to only include DVD-A content. Mixed DVD-A discs which also contain a Dolby Digital 5.1 version and still DVD video work fine.

I suggest you try at least 2 copies of each disc or accept a minimum of 3 reports from users before adding them to your list. I also heartily recommend that rental DVDs be thoroughly cleaned and checked for scratches. Rental discs are more subject to abuse and hence the XBox along with most standalone DVD players can have problems reading them.

Thanks for your attention...

SciFi
12-02-2001, 06:22 PM
FF plays fine on my Xbox, how about you try it, and then worry...

sinizuh
12-02-2001, 07:02 PM
they could be using one of the defective units that were released early

GokuX
12-02-2001, 09:00 PM
Final Fantasy works fine on mine.

Xboxmaster2001
12-02-2001, 09:42 PM
same here final fantasy works great in mine