PDA

View Full Version : Rts for X-Box??

Alec
12-02-2001, 12:41 PM
An Real Time stragety game for the X-Box would be really great, especially when they get online play started up. I'm thinking for one of the RTS games, one of Microsoft's classics: Age of Empires, Age of Kings those games were extremely fun on the PC especailly over the internet.

Here are some more ideas for X-Box rts games:

1. Warcraft game
2. Startcraft game
3. Red alert game

Thanks for hearing my thoughts :O

Stone
12-03-2001, 08:20 AM
I agree but they would have to sell a mouse. RTS with console controlers wouldn't be too great.

Alec
12-03-2001, 05:11 PM
yes but the joystick might be good.... for example on Nintendo they released Starcraft and the joystick worked ok for scrolling and stuff :)

Haine
12-03-2001, 07:24 PM
I loved the age of empire's series.But i do think it would be a little hard at first to play it with a controller.As long as they keep,Where you can put extra crops in key would make it a little easier.....Hehe

Alec
12-03-2001, 08:56 PM
Yes you know what my favorite stragety was? get shiatloads of stone and build hunderds of bombard towers and siege the whole town that is quite fun :)

Morgoth
12-03-2001, 09:08 PM
According to OXM, Xbox is probably getting Blizzard!! Starcraft/warcraft/diablo may be closer than you think!

Alec
12-03-2001, 09:11 PM
Hey Morgoth, can you me the site where you got that information? it would be most helpful...... im a huge blizzard fan.

Morgoth
12-03-2001, 09:13 PM
It's in the premier issue of Official Xbox magazine, the one with Christie of DOA3 on the cover. It's under "the rumour mole"

Alec
12-03-2001, 09:15 PM
Ok thanks for answering ;)

Rancey
12-03-2001, 11:02 PM
Blizzard are my fav PC developer...especially online play:)

Imported
12-15-2001, 07:51 PM
Mine also, have been since fir first warcraft and diablo.:)

Gdiguy
12-16-2001, 04:59 AM
i'm more a westwood fan myself... of course, this is more based on the older games (C&C and Red Alert 1), haven't really played rts games lately... maybe when C&C 3: Tiberian Twilight comes out, it'll come to the xbox... =)

I forget who posted it elsewhere... but that sidewinder mouse-type thing with buttons capable of 72 different commands would be a necessity for any rts on the xbox...

ronin_matt
12-17-2001, 07:42 AM
Did anyone ever play Ceasar 3 for PC? It was a really awesome game. I love real-time strategy, and own just about every game blizzard has ever published (warcraft, diablo, starcraft). I like Ceasar 3 because it was well-researched. If a game is going to take after a real piece of history, I want it to be historically correct. Anyways, Ceasar should come to the xbox.

xboxman_1
12-17-2001, 03:59 PM
You wouldn't necessarily have to have a mouse for rts's on xbox. Just like Alec said, Starcraft on N64 was fine. That's what Blizzard should do.. Make a Starcraft 2 and premier it on xbox... That would sell huge. Especially with the introduction of online play.

Alec
12-17-2001, 05:22 PM
Hey Xboxman_1 thanks for making my point. You have my everdying gratitude. :)

xboxman_1
12-17-2001, 07:51 PM
Hey Alec, you play Starcraft often? Online? We should get together sometime.

Alec
12-20-2001, 05:19 PM
Got the game and everything....... I just suck as$ at it. :( But one of my friends is an expert at it. If you want to play him tell me. :)

Phatboy
12-21-2001, 08:54 AM
If Microsoft could get licenses from Blizzard, Westwood, and other companies that make RTS games, that would be cool. Instead of having to upgrade your computer continuosly. I would like to see AOE also. Out of curiosity, how many of you have played Moon Project for the PC? Now thats an awesome game, in my opinion :D. It has taken me a while to get used to this format, since this is my first post. Im tired now, i just finished an exam, and im still at school hehe...

David

Alec
12-21-2001, 01:36 PM
I got a subscripiton to the PC gamer magaizine. And they *** it a bad review... I think they gave it like a 70%. Thats not bad but they said it wasn't worth it if you own Starcraft.

They said it was a Starcraft Clone again. :(

xboxman_1
12-21-2001, 04:07 PM
Got the game and everything....... I just suck as$ at it. But one of my friends is an expert at it. If you want to play him tell me.
That's OK! Seriously, compared to some of the losers who have no life and sit around playing it all day, I suck pretty bad too. But I've beat all the missions... Blizzard on xbox would be the best thing since Halo. I can just imagine.... Starcraft 2 premiering on xbox.....

Alec
12-27-2001, 11:30 AM
OK Xbox man, you don't belive that i suck enough at RTS? ( Don't get me wrong I love the type of games I just suck at all of them. :( ) I can't beat the first level of the first campaign on Starcraft,

xboxman_1
01-02-2002, 09:08 PM
I can't beat the first level of the first campaign on Starcraft,
come on dude, there is nothing to beat!!!! You've got to be a confused dyslexic monkey if you cant beat it!!!

Alec
01-04-2002, 05:58 PM
So whats wrong with MOnkeys? I think thats a racist comment

Carnage
01-06-2002, 05:01 AM
I became bored with SC fairly quickly.. with only 3 diff races, there just wasnt enough to keep me coming back for more. heh then again, i would probably buy it if it came out for xbox. I truely enough playing RTS. AoE was great, AoK was even better. I still play them every once and awhile on the gaming zone. The only C&C ive played was Tiberian Sun, and i didnt enjoy it at all. It seemed too "one sided" for my liking. A game ive been really looking forward to is Warcraft 3, it seems to combine RTS with RPG, which would add a whole new aspect to the game. If only Blizzard didnt take so long to release their games :( I know, I know, quality over quantity.

Now, to my reason for posting.. :rolleyes:

If xbox were to come out with a RTS, they would most definately need some sort or mouse/keyboard adapter/plugin device. There simply arent enough buttons on the xbox controllers to handle all the hoykeys, shortcuts, commands that come with RTS's.
There was mention of a joystick with many buttons? This could certainly come in handy, cept its another seperate controller we have to buy! (Ive already bought my DVD remote :) ) Maybe they could come up with some sort of combo button pressing for hotkeys and whatnot. But that would become too complicated/confusing (heh, thinking out loud here; can yah tell? :D )

Erm.. anyways; next problem would be the LAG! :eek:

I tried Halo online, and it was pathetic! It reminded me of my 56k modem, and the lagging/spiking/freezing/timing out crap i used to deal with. Im on cable now, btw.
They would need to come up with some kind of server that we can all connect to; much like Bnet, and the Zone. Because connecting to someones specific xbox isnt good enough.

I think im outta things to say.. at least for the moment, ill leave with saying; "Im all for RTS's for the xbox! Just dont bugger it and turn us off the whole idea"

Keep this thread going! Lets hear some more of your thoughts :)