PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Lite Concepts??

Highlite23
03-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Some interesting concepts of the XBOX Lite, unfortunatlly the smaller case is a problem for the heeat generated, according to the article.

http://www.highlite23.web1000.com/images/xlite.jpg

I guess only time will tell.

Hitman101
03-30-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
Some interesting concepts of the XBOX Lite, unfortunatlly the smaller case is a problem for the heeat generated, according to the article.

http://www.highlite23.web1000.com/images/xlite.jpg

I guess only time will tell.

Holy Sh..... those look pretty cool.:cool:

Stifler
03-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Highlite, is that from the latest issue of OXM?

Xbox Owner
03-30-2003, 08:26 PM
That looks f*ckin sweet! (The on ein the middle..) looks a lot like DC IMO, but sweeter..

now wtf is up with the farthest one? I don't want a purple console. :confused:

The one closest looks cool.. but kind of like a PC?

meh.. this kind of sucks because umm.. now i can't get one. lol.

Hitman101
03-30-2003, 08:43 PM
I would love to have the one to the lower right with the CD feed that the others have.

No Fear 23
03-30-2003, 08:44 PM
wow, thats is so small. dunno if i would pick it up. the 1st one looks like a ps2, the middle, ps1 and dc, the 3rd, lamecube.

can u play live on those little babys?

Cyclone
03-30-2003, 08:47 PM
Hmm..
PS2, Dreamcast and Gamecube. Who came up with these drawings?

MixMasta
03-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by irule23
wow, thats is so small. dunno if i would pick it up. the 1st one looks like a ps2, the middle, ps1 and dc, the 3rd, lamecube.

can u play live on those little babys?

why wouldnt they make it live compatible??

i highly doubt they would take that way. i can see the dc and gamecube in two of those, but the third one does not remind me of a ps2......

Highlite23
03-30-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Stifler
Highlite, is that from the latest issue of OXM?

Yes it is Stifler.

Stifler
03-30-2003, 09:07 PM
Thanks Highlite.

I haven't picked up OXM in months, but this latest issue looks great and has some good reviews in it.

bbchs_trash
03-30-2003, 09:21 PM
I don't know. None of those are 'Official'. OXM just likes to create hype over nothing. I would love to see that one that is white be the real version though... because that is awesome. As for the 'cubed' box on the top right... its not actually purple... they just did that for lighting... kind of how Dark Blue looks Black and so on...

ShannonX
03-30-2003, 09:29 PM
i like the one on the bottom right corner with the cd lid that flips up... looks organized somehow.

No Fear 23
03-30-2003, 09:36 PM
yea, me too sahnnon, but if u look at that little tiny thing that is holding the cd opener top. it seems to me that it will break easily. i hope they come up with something better than that

Viper87227
03-30-2003, 10:02 PM
I was reading this artical in OXM. I like the flip top just cuz it would bring back memories of that little white box that sucked me into a hopless addiction we seem to call gaming ;) And that I stupidy sold cuz I was a fool :mad:

Ne ways maybe I am talking stupid here but does the Xbox have a heat sink and if not could one be put on it to avoid overheating

Variation-XBA
03-30-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
That looks f*ckin sweet! (The on ein the middle..) looks a lot like DC IMO, but sweeter..

Was about to post the exact thing:)

Master Gracey
03-30-2003, 11:58 PM
I really hope they don't go vertical... the only CD players I've had that were vertical scratched the crap out of anything that went in. I don't even trust our PS2 to play anything vertically.

Let's keep the Xbox flat!!!

Highlite23
03-31-2003, 07:52 AM
Personally, If they kept the current design but shrunk it down a bit and added a front loading drive to replace the trey, It would be cool.;)

LynxFX
03-31-2003, 11:42 AM
All pretty cool looking. I think I would stick with the current Xbox since none of those would fit into a home entertainment center properly. The closest would be the one that looks like a DC except you would have to have it on top and that could be hard to access. I hate slot loading drives because they scratch your discs too easily.

If I had to choose I think I would go with the little cube one. Make it out of metal and not plastic and you have a tight little box that would not resemble the GC. :)

JimmieDoogan
03-31-2003, 12:16 PM
I would love a top loading system. Both my last Xbox and my last PS2 (which were ironically, my first) tray broke... it's what prevented me from playing games on them. My PS1 and Dreamcast are still going strong, yet those two pieces of shiet (not the system, the tray) aren't anywhere to be seen. Of course I replaced both systems, but I bet had they top loading readers, instead of trays, I'd still have the original systems. TOP LOADING ALL THE WAY BABY!!! (even my Saturn lasted longer than my first PS2 and Xbox).

LynxFX
03-31-2003, 12:35 PM
Jimmie, one question, What the heck are you doing to all your trays?! :D

Kraft
03-31-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
Jimmie, one question, What the heck are you doing to all your trays?! :D

Well, the are the perfect diameter to hold that good ol' pint glass of beer!

Cyclone
03-31-2003, 03:42 PM
Does anybody remember the Dreamcast concepts? Some of them were pretty ****ing sweet looking. In the end though, I liked the Dreamcast design. It was small and simple looking which made it attractive in my eyes. I'm looking foward to seeing what the Xbox lite is going to look like. I'm pretty sure it's going to be either slotloading or toploading. I know they wont have another tray loading system if they want to go smaller. Also I'm assuming they're going to go with a laptop hard drive to help even more with size reduction. The Xbox lite will probably be about the size of a Dreamcast.
Personally I wont be getting one. No point really unless this one fails on me and god help it if it does....heh

MerimacHamwich
03-31-2003, 04:58 PM
irule, the xbox lite will have all of the capabilities of the regular xbox, otherwise they would not be able to call it an xbox.

The heatsyncs. Well, most systems, I am prett sue the xbox too, have a smaller heatsync with a fan ontop. However, heatsyncs are not as good as having fans. A combination is the best way to go though.

JimmieDoogan
03-31-2003, 05:07 PM
Nothing different than I do with them now... which is why I don't get why they broke... but at the very least I know my top loading items haven't died, where as I've had several tray loading systems that have died (not just game systems, drives and what not). Odd that... don't know what I've done to these things that makes them not work... What's weird is my sister has had the Xbox I use now since launch, the one I personally purchased was one that I bought in Febuary... why has this one lasted so long and my other hadn't...

Cyclone
03-31-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
irule, the xbox lite will have all of the capabilities of the regular xbox, otherwise they would not be able to call it an xbox.

The heatsyncs. Well, most systems, I am prett sue the xbox too, have a smaller heatsync with a fan ontop. However, heatsyncs are not as good as having fans. A combination is the best way to go though.

Let me correct you. It's spelled heatsink. Also, having just a fan and no heatsink would be completely useless. It would be impossible to keep the processor in the Xbox cool with just a fan. You need the heatsink to draw the heat away from the core which will help keep it cool and then the fan cools the heatsink which helps even more.