PDA

View Full Version : Red Faction-Whats the score?

sojourner
03-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Whats the impressions of this one? I've only played a bit of the first level and Ill reserve judgement till later. Wht do you think?:confused:

Variation-XBA
03-31-2003, 12:12 AM
Wasn't impressed at all about anything of the other versions. Graphics were dull/dark, sound was bleh....wasnt fond of the controlls either..

CarGuy
03-31-2003, 09:21 AM
I played it for PS2 and all i can say is it's a good FPS. Personally i liked the single player better than Timesplitters2. Blowing apart walls in multi is kinda cool.

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 01:28 PM
no geo-mod in multiplayer = sucky game.

LongBow
04-01-2003, 02:31 PM
I didnt like it at all on PS2. RF1 one was a lot better imo.

mmattai
04-04-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
no geo-mod in multiplayer = sucky game.

Are you sure there is no geo-mod in multiplayer? I'm just asking. I honestly want to know. I read an interview on TXB and they didn't mention it in multiplayer one way or the other.

EHWfedPres
04-05-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by mmattai
Are you sure there is no geo-mod in multiplayer? I'm just asking. I honestly want to know. I read an interview on TXB and they didn't mention it in multiplayer one way or the other.

You know how you can dig tunnels and stuff in rf1? cant do it in rf2. Only certain walls can be blown up...and it's EXTREMELY limited.

Highlite23
04-05-2003, 12:32 PM
I'm gonna post a review soon, but I'm kinda plowing through it pretty fast. Not terribly challenging.............it's kinda Halo Lite wanna-be.

Having some friends over to try out multi-player, then will give it the official once over.

studepaber
04-05-2003, 04:02 PM
I mainly agree with Variation's post, sort of a bland mediocre FPS if you ask me. Had friends over last night to play it multiplayer and we played one game, we were like, 'meh' so we played Halo instead. Traded the game in today for Super Puzzle Fighter for the GBA.

sojourner
04-07-2003, 07:48 AM
Played the game right through and it turned out not the best. I would like to add that this game would have been a goodie on live but alas it falls short because of this. Verdict 6/10. Btw it does use geomod on multiplayer and the weapons are very good.:)

EHWfedPres
04-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by sojourner
Btw it does use geomod on multiplayer and the weapons are very good.:)

But can you dig tunnels and blow up ANY wall? Nope.

sojourner
04-07-2003, 03:38 PM
Yes you can blow up walls and floors in multi, I dont think digging tunnels is a great miss out, lets face it theres only so much the xbox can handle in reality.:D

studepaber
04-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Yes you can blow up walls and floors in multi, I dont think digging tunnels is a great miss out, lets face it theres only so much the xbox can handle in reality.:D

Yea but the PS2 handled it with RF1, surely the Xbox could've handled it :confused:

sojourner
04-07-2003, 08:15 PM
Im talking content here, you couldnt play 4 player on rf1 not to mention other additions, more detail on enemies etc this all uses up different aspects of he game e.g. processor, memory, how much ai etc.;)

EHWfedPres
04-07-2003, 09:10 PM

...what? Blowing up walls means that makes a chunk in the wall...and blowing up that chunk makes a deeper chunk, which eventually leads to a tunnel...there are certain arens that you can destroy, but it's EXTREMELY limited, almost non-existent on several maps, which was the best thing about RF1, the completely destructive environments.

sojourner
04-08-2003, 06:44 AM
If digging tunnels is so important then become a miner!

Cyclone
04-09-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
...what? Blowing up walls means that makes a chunk in the wall...and blowing up that chunk makes a deeper chunk, which eventually leads to a tunnel...there are certain arens that you can destroy, but it's EXTREMELY limited, almost non-existent on several maps, which was the best thing about RF1, the completely destructive environments.

In the computer version, there are downloadable maps. Me and my friend downloaded one that had this extremely tall building. We took out all the walls around the bottom floor and the entire building collapsed. That was the best thing about RF1 :D

EHWfedPres
04-11-2003, 11:47 AM
For anyone who has RF2 for the xbox, is the CTF map Checkmate included?

Reclaimer
04-20-2003, 02:36 AM
I have the game and I like it. I talked about it in the 3rd person shooter forum. But the reason I responded here was to say that so far, there is no multiplayer level called Checkmate. There are a ton of levels, probably more than I have ever seen in a FPS mulitplayer game. But Checkmate doesn't ring a bell. There are quite a few levels I have yet to unlock though, so there might be a chance. I have unlocked a few more but have not seen it. If I do stumble across it, I will let you guys know.

MasterChief
04-22-2003, 05:47 PM
yea this game looks sweet

VOLCOM_STONE
04-24-2003, 06:20 PM
I acctaually really liked the game i admit the single player was short but it was allways fun. the multiplayer on the otherhand was great, i liked it better than halos multiplayer but it could have been a truley great game had it been LIVE. that being said i give it a 7/10. good game but really not worth it to buy. rent this one.

Reclaimer
04-24-2003, 09:35 PM
I've unlocked all the MP levels, and there is not one called Checkmate.

We're really digging this game. I am impressed.
I was in a moderate firefight in the graveyard, on my way to kill Quill. A squad of Spec Op boys had me hemmed up behind a group of crypts. Of course, they all re-evaluated their strategy and decided to wait on me to come out. I like that. They decided to stop trying to flush me out, and they eventually decided to stop throwing grenades at me. They all took up positions of cover and started to wait. I threw a place charge on a crypt, and blasted my way in. I switched to the Nano GL and blasted my way out of the crypt, and was able to force my way past the soldiers because I went through 2 walls into a new position, and got the upperhand. If you ever get caught up somewhere, you can blow something up and get a better shot/angle/R.O.E.

Sniping is fun, at least from the point where you get the bolt action sniper rifle. Once you get the Precision Rifle from Quill's dead hands, and you get past the sniper "Whack a mole" stage, there's not much use for it on the way to kill Repta. at least where I am at right now. I just killed him, but I'm still in the nanolab. No room to snipe, but plenty of room for some insane running and gunning, pop 'N shot, cover 2 cover, and just some general frag fest fun against the nano-zombies. (RFII's version of the flood.)

So far so good, it's fun.

On a side note, we've made a multiplayer game, basically like a reversed king of the mountain. We call it defend.
Three of us, against 3 highly skilled, highly aggro'ed bots.
We halu ass in the begining, collect weapons and go and take a position on higher ground. Basically we try and hold our position against the bots who due to their programming, will over run us with sheer force.

Or turn the game around and make the bots highly aggressive, highly skilled, but with a maxmum camping tendency. So we have to squad up and flush out the bots from the positions they have taken.

fadywwf316
04-28-2003, 07:58 PM
i dunno it aint as good as it should b is what i think