PDA

View Full Version : True Fantasy Online

Blind-RazoR
03-31-2003, 02:07 PM
So what do you think this game will be like and do you think it will be a "one of a kind" MMO?

Personally I think it will be awesome, because with what I have read and heard it is going to be really nice in the way you can design your own character meaning, if you do a lot of hard labor quests through out the game your character will get bigger in appearence and stats. From what I have seen, there is either 4 or 5 races shown and I think the cummunication is going to be the deciding factor in how good the game is going to be. Better then a keyboard anyways.

So what do you hope this game will be?

Kraft
03-31-2003, 03:55 PM
Don't get my wrong, I am betting this is going to be a wonderful RPG, but I will be seroiusly suprised if there is anything outstanding about it. The RPG genre has been so incredibly played out by the other systems on the market that developers will have to think long and hard to come up with something truely innovative that makes the game stand out from the rest of the crowd.

Blind-RazoR
03-31-2003, 04:07 PM
Yeah it is probably not going to be the best MMO out there but it is going to be better then EQ graphically. But I am looking for a new "Great Game" for the X-Box and I think this will be the next one to step up. . . . . Unless this gets pushed back until after Halo2 but TFO is the only game I am really waiting for that is coming out on the X-Box. . . . .But hopefully they do not charge a monthly fee on top of the yearly fee like they did on PSO.

Slayer02
03-31-2003, 05:09 PM
Yeah that would be lame. I hate monthly fees. I will play if there is no monthly fee. KOTOR I will be buying also, likewise for Red Faction 2, maybe even Star Wars Galaxies. SWG will probably have a monthly fee though...

Variation-XBA
03-31-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Slayer02
Yeah that would be lame. I hate monthly fees. I will play if there is no monthly fee. KOTOR I will be buying also, likewise for Red Faction 2, maybe even Star Wars Galaxies. SWG will probably have a monthly fee though...

SWG WILL have an online fee.

By the sounds of it, TFO will, but never know...

Blind-RazoR
03-31-2003, 05:27 PM
I think the only reason TFO will not have a monthly fee is because microsoft is working on it with Level 5. . . . .So they better not charge a monthly fee or i'll be Steamed.

The_Ice_Man
03-31-2003, 06:12 PM
TFO will be one of the best MMO's. But is it even coming to North America? All ive heard is that its planned for Japan.

Cryogenic Pyro
03-31-2003, 06:28 PM
In my opinion, from what has been said about this game so far, there will be nothing ground breaking about it. Sure, it will be an MMORPG for the Xbox, but nothing more or nothing less, unless they do some major changes before they release it. From what it seems, it's a smack this kill that game, and if it isn't built right, it will become one of those games that collect dust in less than 2 days.

Blind-RazoR
03-31-2003, 07:20 PM
I heard it is supposed to be released in Japan in the Summer and here in the the Fall/Winter.

And I hope it does not fall short like most Xbox games do.

Dre
04-01-2003, 02:51 AM
I think that TFLO should demonstrate a bit more of the billing capabilities XBL offers. No monthly fee would definitely be a selling point to TONS of XBL gamers, but we also want the added content and stuff and lets face it, people don't work for free. My solution would be to have "expansions" that could be downloaded every 3-4 months or so and people would have the option of paying for it if they want.

As I finished typing this I realized the incredible amount of problems this would cause with ppl having different versions of the game and how they would interact with each other and crap....doesn't sound like such a good idea to me anymore.

LongBow
04-01-2003, 08:42 AM
Nothing can justify a double fee. Paying for Xboxlive, and the game fee.. thats just wrong:mad:. I hope the people that make TFO kill any fee. Or would that be MS's decision?...

Slayer02
04-01-2003, 11:59 AM
I believe it is the publishers option to choose a fee or not, but I wouldn't, as the game will sell way less copies if there is a fee... My silent protest is not buying any games with double fees, (That's right I won't be buying PSO)

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 01:29 PM
true fantasy looks like a dumb game to be, but i despise cel-shading.

Blind-RazoR
04-01-2003, 02:01 PM
Well I do know that if they charge for TFO then what is to stop them from charging for Halo2??? Halo2 multiplayer experience is supposed to be similar to a MMO is what they are attempting. I think I would have to strike if they charge for the good games.

Slayer02
04-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Blind, if they do, we got xbconnect :-)

Slayer02
04-01-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
true fantasy looks like a dumb game to be, but i despise cel-shading.
Wait, TFO is going to be cel-shaded? Please tell me you are joking! PLEASE! I haven't seen a screen shot for it! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blind-RazoR
04-01-2003, 04:57 PM
I don't think Cell shading is all that bad. . . . As long as they make the characters somewhat realistic. . . . .A bad example of Cell Shading is with Zelda. . . The characters are horrible. But look at the screen shots and it does not look all that bad.

Blind-RazoR
04-02-2003, 07:20 PM
I can't wait because I know you will be able to ride Dragons, Horses, and Camels. . . . .And the Character design is supposed to be really good. And I read that the character growth is going to be awesome in the fact that the more you work your character, the bigger your character will get.

EHWfedPres
04-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Personally, I despise playing as a cartoon on a video game.

Blind-RazoR
04-02-2003, 08:49 PM
Well I play games to get away from reallity personally and I (as sad as it is) every once in a while watch cartoons. And yeah the more realist the graphics, the better the game . . . . right? . . . . :D not quite. Some of the best games never had the best graphics and take the mojority of the Xbox games. . . .most are crap with realistic graphics. . . . But the Xbox does produce the most realistic graphics out there.

And it is always good to try something new. . . .don"t worry it won't bite :)

LongBow
04-03-2003, 08:47 AM
Cell shading well be find for this game. Its all fantasy and knights, and what not.

Dre
04-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Blind-RazoR
Well I play games to get away from reallity personally and I (as sad as it is) every once in a while watch cartoons.

There aren't nothing bad with watching cartoons!!! Well, unless you're watching like the Care Bears or sumthin... :D

I got 17 gigs of cartoons on my comp..

The Critic, Samurai Jack, Justice League, The Oblongs, Spongebob Squarepants, Clone High and Mission Hill. Its all legal too, at least I think so. Its all from this one distrib site www.dapcentral.org... pretty cool site.

Cartoons are awesome!

Now, as for TFLO, I think the Cel shading 3D style is quite cool looking. Its going to allow for many different variations on characters and stuff. And maybe also allow massive amounts of people all on screen at a time. Imagine having huge clan wars or something with a character you've been building for weeks online. That would be quite sweet!!

Blind-RazoR
04-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Yeah from what I've heard, They may implament chararter vs character damage meaning clan battles will be able to take place. And if you do have some little "**** talker" you can beat him into the ground and if possible, loot his belongings. But there is always good and bad things related to this because it would be a lot harder to level up.

Blind-RazoR
04-18-2003, 01:21 PM
I found this article and I don't think TFO will be out any time this year in the US.

In the shadow of MMORPG giants Phantasy Star Online and the soon to be released Final Fantasy XI, True Fantasy Live Online, developed by Microsoft and Level 5, looms in the background. The latest milestone in the project’s progress is the announcement of beta testing, which will occur in Japan sometime this summer.

True Fantasy Live Online boasts cel-shaded graphics and voice chat, and is stated to be the biggest MMORPG on Xbox Live thus far. The game has been announced for Japan and Europe, but oddly not for North America (yet).

RPGamer will cover more information on True Fantasy Live Online and the beta test as it becomes available.

·Discuss this story in the RPGamer message forums
by Matt Chan
Source: [The Magic Box]

Blind-RazoR
04-24-2003, 06:54 PM
I am really looking foward to this game and I know I will like it alot.

Oh and Slayer02, could you edit that post that you say no for a long time because it is messing up the first page......please :D

pepitonet
05-02-2003, 10:48 PM
i have seen the trailer for it also a lots of screenshoots and the game looks pretty decent it is cell shaded or a least i think but it doesn't look too mch like a cell shaded game:)