PDA

View Full Version : Alien vs Predator

Blind-RazoR
03-31-2003, 04:28 PM
The Alien vs Predator game as a stratagy game? I think it will do really good since you will be able to command more then just one character like the last 2 Alien vs Predator games and If they do the controls well I think the online capabilities will be good.

VeNoMiZA
04-09-2003, 01:09 PM
i think this game is gonna be good, hopefully they add a 2 player mode for it. it would be awesome to fight against my freinds on the same xbox or somthin i dont know..

blonks
04-13-2003, 02:24 PM
oxm 18 has a good article, i think there is a new specises, but i could be wrong

Blind-RazoR
04-15-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
i think this game is gonna be good, hopefully they add a 2 player mode for it. it would be awesome to fight against my freinds on the same xbox or somthin i dont know..

Xbox Live would be good enough for me. :D

Blind-RazoR
04-18-2003, 07:07 PM
I found a story that described what the game would be like:

The three fiercest species in the universe have been locked in a bloody, galaxy- spanning battle for years. With each new encounter, it seems the on-going conflict will never end. After a small unit of Colonial Marines, dispatched to planet LV-742, reveals the presence of both Predators and Aliens, it is decided that the conflict must end once and for all. After years of smaller battles, there is only one clear path to total universal supremacy, WAR!
21 missions are promised, made up of seven Marine, seven Alien and seven Predator. Each species have their strengths, Marines having big guns, Predators being all stealthy and, the Aliens, who are angry, ugly, alien things. Various units will be available for each speices, including the brand new Predator Hydra, Alien Ravager and Marine Andi Peters.

Players have access to a variety of units from low-end grunts to ultra-specialized warriors like the Alien Carrier (able to bring terrifying facehuggers to the battlefront), the extremely brutal and heavily armored Military Predators or the hydraulically powered Marine Exo-Suit. Every unit can be upgraded to gain new abilities and to become even more deadly.

Players' pulses will pound as they roam the eerie, multi-environment planet featuring tropical jungles, caverns, desert settlements and high tech laboratories placed across 21 different maps. Dozens of weapons including brand new ones to choose from such as: Pulse Rifles, Spear guns, Blazer cannons, and the Exosuit equipped with twin miniguns Tons of upgrades including the Marine Commtech's, orbital launched airstrike.Aliens Vs Predator: Extinction is Co-Published by Fox Interactive & Electronic Arts and, Developed by Zono, Inc. It has a ship date of summer 2003 .

Press release

http://www.funxbox.com

Reclaimer
04-19-2003, 02:57 AM
I'm disapointed because this came screams FPS. I had it on my PC and the game rocks with it's species deathmatch in a FPS game. I used to play it online all the time too. I was hoping for a Live enabled Xbox powered version of the same game that was so completely awesome. I was shocked to see that it was transformed into a strat game. How? Why? What was wrong with keeping a FPS like before?

Blind-RazoR
04-21-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
I'm disapointed because this came screams FPS. I had it on my PC and the game rocks with it's species deathmatch in a FPS game. I used to play it online all the time too. I was hoping for a Live enabled Xbox powered version of the same game that was so completely awesome. I was shocked to see that it was transformed into a strat game. How? Why? What was wrong with keeping a FPS like before?

LOL :D do you think they are not going to produce any other FPS AVP's? :cool: Have no fear, they will produce another AVP someday. Did you ever play AVP2? both were good but I think they are going to make this game and see how it does as a Strategy game. :watchout:

Humanarchy
04-21-2003, 06:41 PM
I'm disappointed that AVP is being made as a strat. game. I love AVP and AVP2 - there's nothing like playing surround sound and almost p*ssing your pants at a swarm of Aliens surrounding you from behind. AVP/2 is the best FPS, ever! I hope they port AVP3 to Xbox Live (if and when it comes out).

Slayer02
04-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Think about it, StarCraft was a rip off of AVP so AVP will be awesome. Zerg=Aliens, Protoss=Predators, Terran=Marines, I can't wait for this game, about time xbox gets a good strategy game!!!

beekster101
05-02-2003, 03:36 PM
It would be nice if you can co-op for this game. Is that planned?