PDA

View Full Version : You would think Microsoft would do a comercial with the DMX song

Bigwig
03-31-2003, 05:21 PM
"X gone give it to you"

Featuring
Splinter Cell
Halo
Halo 2
DX2
Fable
KOTOR
with Ninja Gaiden being the central theme.

DZNUTZ
03-31-2003, 05:25 PM
aren't they using that song to promote EA BIGS new def vendetta title?

which btw isnt' available on the xbox.

anywayz..who cares...dmx has as much talent ass my butthole after a long night of drinking:rolleyes:

Bigwig
03-31-2003, 05:43 PM
Boy Sony and EA are so ahead of Microsoft in selling their product. I bet they stole that song with the Xbox in mine. BTW if you dont like DMX you must hate hip hop because dude in one of the only true MC's aka Masters of cerimonies.

DZNUTZ
03-31-2003, 05:47 PM
LOL...slow down foolio englacias. i think your bigwheel is catching to much speed youngsta.

yea..i'm sure thats why they stole the song :rolleyes:

and dont' even start on that i must hate hiphop tip...i'm willing to bet i own more hiphop and rap cdz right now then u probably will in your entire life.

that being said..i have experienced many different artists....and IMO , Dmx's is un-original , lacking skill...and down right repeditive.

LynxFX
03-31-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
LOL...slow down foolio englacias.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://members.aol.com/nightdog35/images/smiley_rotflmao.gifhttp://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

That just sounded so funny.

Bigwig
03-31-2003, 06:01 PM
Dude you probably have more music then I for sure but two facts remain

DMX may not be a go out and get him in the store artist or a lyrical wizard but most hip hop heads love him because unlike most studio rapers he can perform live on stage.

2nd fact If that song is on that Def Jam comercial Sony and EA did not just fall out of the monkey tree and pick that song without careful consideration. EA has the largets marketing department of any company in the biz. There are a 100 other songs they could have chosen.

MerimacHamwich
03-31-2003, 06:06 PM
I'm with DZNUTZ. DMX blows monkey chunks of huge proportions!

shrew king
03-31-2003, 06:33 PM
Having "The Name Of The Game" by The Crystal Method play in the intro to Splinter Cell was bad enough. I like DMX and all but that would be corny as hell having his song play in the background.

Casper
03-31-2003, 07:38 PM
EA sucks
DMX sucks
That song sucks
That game sucks

Solution - move on to next thread.

Uchiha Sasuke
03-31-2003, 07:54 PM
If they try to using talentless rap songs to market games its the end of my purchases in the gaming realm.ROCK FOREVER!!!

Casper
03-31-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Substance Snake
If they try to using talentless rap songs to market games its the end of my purchases in the gaming realm.ROCK FOREVER!!!

Well, not all of it is talentless, just like death metal "kill your mother, kill your dog" crap like that can go right into the trash :rolleyes:

EHWfedPres
03-31-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by casper
Well, not all of it is talentless, just like death metal "kill your mother, kill your dog" crap like that can go right into the trash :rolleyes:

The song is "Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Dog" by Dying Fetus :p

And Creed boy up there shouldn't be talking about music that takes no talent to play...:rolleyes:

Cyclone
03-31-2003, 08:49 PM
Hip hop, rap, R&B..It can all suck my ****. **** that ****, I can produce better music with my *******.
Of course this is going to turn into a battle of music. Personally I'd rather listen to country or ****ing opera than listen to rap. "Cap a niggah shoot some dope ridin on dubs" It's all the same. No talent ass clowns, try rappin about something other than shooting niggahs and 'da' 5-0 and drinkin' 40's.
Oh, and death metal blows ass too. Just because we hate rap music doesn't mean we listen to death metal ****. Damn stereotypes

Bigwig
03-31-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
Having "The Name Of The Game" by The Crystal Method play in the intro to Splinter Cell was bad enough. I like DMX and all but that would be corny as hell having his song play in the background.

Thats the thing. Its all about how you do it. Most Ps 2 owners that cant stand the Xbox were diging the Splinter Cell comercial. And of coarse Splinter Cell sold like crazy.

"X gone give it to you" is already used for a top 3 film

DMX has gone platnium 3 times while not selling out and becoming a puff daddy glamor rapper.

Acording to the post above EA is using that song. EA is the best company when it comes to marketing.

Thats a formula for success

For whoever stated that DMX selling games would kill Rock is an idiot. Its Rap tha got me back into rock. Glamor Rap and Glamor Rock had me just listening to Rap then Rap got too glamerous so I stuck with just southern rapers like Pastor Troy, Little John, Outcast, Fiend, etc. Southern Rapers Rock a lot so that bridged me to God smack, and SOTD. As Kid Rock once said. "You have to be able to Rap to make Rock music."

Kinda ironic how he says he is going to rock and roll 20 times in the song. And Cyc if you are going to bash stryotypes in one paragraph dont say rap is all about 40s and killing in the next. You arent far off but its an obvious contradiction. Even though I like thug music and Rockish Rap with niggaz talking sh*t less then 40% of Rap is thugery its pretty softcore now most now a days is about finding the right girl, quality herb, or a nice vehicle to drive.

My take on DMX he is great in concert and "They dont know" Is a great song, and most important he is my type of musician. He has the number 1 element and thats desire, oh and his lyrics are not the steryotype.

RuffRyders
03-31-2003, 09:14 PM
DMX is one of the best out in rap.

Casper
03-31-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
Hip hop, rap, R&B..It can all suck my ****. **** that ****, I can produce better music with my *******.
Of course this is going to turn into a battle of music. Personally I'd rather listen to country or ****ing opera than listen to rap. "Cap a niggah shoot some dope ridin on dubs" It's all the same. No talent ass clowns, try rappin about something other than shooting niggahs and 'da' 5-0 and drinkin' 40's.
Oh, and death metal blows ass too. Just because we hate rap music doesn't mean we listen to death metal ****. Damn stereotypes

No. but do me a favor, if your going to try and say something, don't show me the dam constellations with all your censored words, ok? I listen to rock, rap, jazz, blues, country rock, classical, and your mom screaming my name :D but when I say death metal...yea, I was really talkin to the one with the choir boys in his sig :rolleyes: I'm just saying that most of the morons on here who make everything an I HATE RAP CRAP thread uses that as their backup, sorry if you don't fall in the norm, but after that post you did...you sure do. Nice try...now move on

LongBow
03-31-2003, 09:37 PM
Personally I'd rather listen to country or ****ing opera than listen to rap.

Ohh, you did not diss opera. Opera and classical rock. I don't care much for ‘rap', but mostly because Im a white skinny boy from Atlantic Canada. Yahh me... heheh..
I think creed is down right horrible. But enough of what I think.

Cyclone
03-31-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by LongBow
Ohh, you did not diss opera. Opera and classical rock. I don't care much for ‘rap', but mostly because Im a white skinny boy from Atlantic Canada. Yahh me... heheh..
I think creed is down right horrible. But enough of what I think.

Creed is horrible and I'm using Opera as an example.
Also my car was vandalized for having a bumper sticker that said "You can't spell Crap without Rap" on it. There is a good reason why I think rap and the entire hip-hop culture is dog ****. Let's all go out and cap some suckas and kill white people ;p Down with the man!

Bigwig
03-31-2003, 09:52 PM
After seeing the movie Amadeus I got into Opera. Rap and Opera are very similar. Both have typical muscians with crazy life styles, bad language and contraversy. Rappers use Tritrons and Midis the conducter uses people with intraments(sp).

Casper
03-31-2003, 09:53 PM
Also my car was vandalized for having a bumper sticker that said "You can't spell Crap without Rap" on it. There is a good reason why I think rap and the entire hip-hop culture is dog ****. Let's all go out and cap some suckas and kill white people ;p Down with the man!

Yea, that's all it's about :rolleyes: Go out and get some sun...cuz that part about killing white people is some crap that was goin on ALONG time ago...go find me some stuff that says kill whitey, and I'll pull out some redneck song about how easy it is to have a N as your slave...come on now.....it's everyones taste, not my fault yours sucks.

Bigwig
03-31-2003, 09:58 PM
Yea, that's all it's about :rolleyes: Go out and get some sun...cuz that part about killing white people is some crap that was goin on ALONG time ago...go find me some stuff that says kill whitey, and I'll pull out some redneck song about how easy it is to have a N as your slave...come on now.....it's everyones taste, not my fault yours sucks.
I bet you cant name the rap group that waves the confederate flag in their videos.

shrew king
03-31-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Bigwig
I bet you cant name the rap group that waves the confederate flag in their videos.

Why would they?

That's such stereo-typical trash it's not even funny.

Casper
03-31-2003, 10:11 PM

Nah, and don't really care, I don't watch much videos, and that's so disrepectful, it's not even funny.

Reclaimer
03-31-2003, 10:16 PM
LOL...slow down foolio englacias. i think your bigwheel is catching to much speed youngsta.

I'll have to say that's the funniest intro into a post I've seen in a long time.

VeNoMiZA
03-31-2003, 11:38 PM
Dude you probably have more music then I for sure but two facts remain

DMX may not be a go out and get him in the store artist or a lyrical wizard but most hip hop heads love him because unlike most studio rapers he can perform live on stage.

2nd fact If that song is on that Def Jam comercial Sony and EA did not just fall out of the monkey tree and pick that song without careful consideration. EA has the largets marketing department of any company in the biz. There are a 100 other songs they could have chosen. LOL and what do you know about performing on stage? hahaha tell me a few artist who cant perform on stage. and ima tell you a few that can.

VeNoMiZA
03-31-2003, 11:41 PM
Oh, and death metal blows ass too. Just because we hate rap music doesn't mean we listen to death metal ****. Damn stereotypes damn u soft ass punk you dont know shat about the rap game LOL. what a stereotypical fool. i betcha "50" dollas that if u come to a real hood yapping your mouth like that, you wont make it back to arkansas or llittle rock Or where ever the fu** you live loser. dont ever INsult music again if you have no type of actual intelligence behind your posts fuc* boy. or how we from the hood call people like U. F-N.

VeNoMiZA
03-31-2003, 11:46 PM
Also my car was vandalized for having a bumper sticker that said "You can't spell Crap without Rap" on it. There is a good reason why I think rap and the entire hip-hop culture is dog ****. Let's all go out and cap some suckas and kill white people ;p Down with the man! sorry for the double pos, but you are indeed, A fool. hah you lucky it was just vandalism. knowing my self you probably wont have a car basTAD. now
http://www.ileet.net/images/stfupansy.jpg

Reclaimer
04-01-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
damn u soft ass punk you dont know shat about the rap game LOL. what a stereotypical fool. i betcha "50" dollas that if u come to a real hood yapping your mouth like that, you wont make it back to arkansas or llittle rock Or where ever the fu** you live loser. dont ever INsult music again if you have no type of actual intelligence behind your posts fuc* boy. or how we from the hood call people like U. F-N.

I think Cyclone was banned. I don't think he's ever going to insult rap here again.

VeNoMiZA
04-01-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
I think Cyclone was banned. I don't think he's ever going to insult rap here again. yay! hahaah hes gone thank all the mods for noticing his dumbass :)

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 12:04 PM
Oh, and death metal blows ass too

Its funny how 100% of the people that say death metal sucks have no idea what it actually is. Sodom is a death metal band, right casper? :rolleyes:

Casper
04-01-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
Its funny how 100% of the people that say death metal sucks have no idea what it actually is. Sodom is a death metal band, right casper? :rolleyes:

No, but your an obnoxius prik when it comes to rap threads, so I pulled my EHW impersonation for once

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 12:33 PM
No, but your an obnoxius prik when it comes to rap threads, so I pulled my EHW impersonation for once

Well its not my fault that you dont like my opinion.

VeNoMiZA
04-01-2003, 01:05 PM
Well its not my fault that you dont like my opinion. noone likes someones opinion when the guy saying it sounds like one complete ass hole.:rolleyes:

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 01:14 PM
noone likes someones opinion when the guy saying it sounds like one complete ass hole.:rolleyes:

Sorry, i'm a very opinionated person...and im not changing.

VeNoMiZA
04-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Sorry, i'm a very opinionated person...and im not changing. thats cool thats what makes thw world. different people. :)

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 01:22 PM
thats cool thats what makes thw world. different people. :)

Yeah, it would really suck if everybody just liked what was cool instead of forming their own opinions...just like how it is today...:(

**** trends and **** posers.

Casper
04-01-2003, 01:49 PM
Nah, but the thing you don't get, is people don't mind others opinions, but when you keep repeating over and over and over that RAP SUCKS and crap like that...it just comes off as you being a pathetic moron that has nothing else to say but DEATH OWNZ ... hell man, I listen to rock too, but I don't go around in every dam rock thread that you guys have made and say how much their crap sucks...you kill me like that...just like your opinions about Gamespot...you just don't see the whole picture I guess

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 01:50 PM
Nah, but the thing you don't get, is people don't mind others opinions, but when you keep repeating over and over and over that RAP SUCKS and crap like that...it just comes off as you being a pathetic moron that has nothing else to say but DEATH OWNZ ... hell man, I listen to rock too, but I don't go around in every dam rock thread that you guys have made and say how much their crap sucks...you kill me like that...just like your opinions about Gamespot...you just don't see the whole picture I guess

You forgot to mention that im free to express my opinions as often as I like. ;)

JJaX
04-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Dont sweat it EHFWF, when you grow up you will realize death metal sucks and kick your own ass.

You're just going threw your rebellious youth stage in life.

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Dont sweat it EHFWF, when you grow up you will realize death metal sucks and kick your own ass.

You're just going threw your rebellious youth stage in life.

Im almost as old as you, idiot.

JJaX
04-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Im almost as old as you, idiot.

Actually No you're not dumb ass.

Im guessing you're 18 or 19, but you have the mentality of a 12 year old. I'm 22, Ive grown up a hell of a lot since then my teens.

Get a job, grow up.

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Actually No you're not dumb ass.

Im guessing you're 18 or 19, but you have the mentality of a 12 year old. I'm 22, Ive grown up a hell of a lot since then my teens.

Get a job, grow up.

you're a really really bad guesser...and unless you're a liar also, im a bad guesser as well because by your actions, I thought you were the 12 year old.

JJaX
04-01-2003, 03:06 PM
you're a really really bad guesser...and unless you're a liar also, im a bad guesser as well because by your actions, I thought you were the 12 year old.

Ok you FuK, so your younger than 18?

Yes im a liar, im not really 22. I lie about my age for no fuking reason.

I tired of you, be gone you little s4it. Nobodies gonna miss your ass.

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 03:20 PM
Ok you FuK, so your younger than 18?

Yes im a liar, im not really 22. I lie about my age for no fuking reason.

I tired of you, be gone you little s4it. Nobodies gonna miss your ass.

You can put an end to this discussion if you just admit that you are wrong.

JJaX
04-01-2003, 03:29 PM
You can put an end to this discussion if you just admit that you are wrong.

What ever |3itch, you're the one to scared to tell us your age.

So pi55 off, little dirty ass kid.

Kortiz
04-01-2003, 04:29 PM
i really find it funny when someone makes it clear that others should make up their own minds and own opinions and then turn around and shove their opinions onto other people.....THAT IS REALLY FRIGGING HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

DZNUTZ
04-01-2003, 04:45 PM
NEWSFLASH---

this just in,

EHW not only shares the same 3 initial Name as DMX...but they both suck.

dmx=ac/dc=every song sounds the same.

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 07:28 PM
dmx=ac/dc=every song sounds the same.

who said anything about ac/dc? I dont even like them.

Uchiha Sasuke
04-01-2003, 08:12 PM
EHW i don't really appreciate that comment you made about creed back on page one about them having no talent.Are F**king kidding me.Live these guys are phemonal,better than any other band I heard in concert (Metallica,Bon Jovi,12 stones,breaking benjamin,taproot,chevelle,and a couple of more).Mark tremonti the dude in my sig is no slouch either.He was voted best rock guitarist 3 years straight and has one of the best and unique sounds.If you don't believe me go to www.bill-peck.com and download his short demo video on there.Please don't slam Creed,of course they are over played on the radio and get really annoying for some but don't say there not talented.I also suggest the Rap, rock dispute stop.It will go on forever,trust me i started enough of them to know :).

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 08:23 PM
EHW i don't really appreciate that comment you made about creed back on page one about them having no talent.Are F**king kidding me.Live these guys are phemonal,better than any other band I heard in concert (Metallica,Bon Jovi,12 stones,breaking benjamin,taproot,chevelle,and a couple of more).Mark tremonti the dude in my sig is no slouch either.He was voted best rock guitarist 3 years straight and has one of the best and unique sounds.If you don't believe me go to www.bill-peck.com and download his short demo video on there.Please don't slam Creed,of course they are over played on the radio and get really annoying for some but don't say there not talented.I also suggest the Rap, rock dispute stop.It will go on forever,trust me i started enough of them to know :).

I dont care. If you want to hear a good guitarist, listen to Kerry King, Jeff Hanneman, Jon Schaffer, Bjorn Gelotte, Jesper Strömblad, etc. Not these idiots that are only knows because of their mainstream status. Creed and 4 of the other bands you mentioned are just "here today, gone tomorrows".

Uchiha Sasuke
04-01-2003, 08:32 PM
I dont care. If you want to hear a good guitarist, listen to Kerry King, Jeff Hanneman, Jon Schaffer, Bjorn Gelotte, Jesper Strömblad, etc. Not these idiots that are only knows because of their mainstream status. Creed and 4 of the other bands you mentioned are just "here today, gone tomorrows".

Do you have any idea how easy some of that stuff is that those boys play.Kerry King is good but its all just simple speed metal.The bands I mentioned are mainstream but none of them got there on a wave of hype which you may think.They worked to get where they are.Oh yes here and tomorrows.How come Bon Jovi is still making it big,along with Metallica and Creed,because there good and people like them.12 stones and the rest are on the rise they will bring new things to music.I don't know why you are so baised but I really suggest you get over fast because it won't take you anywhere as far as your relationships with others.

EHWfedPres
04-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Do you have any idea how easy some of that stuff is that those boys play.Kerry King is good but its all just simple speed metal.The bands I mentioned are mainstream but none of them got there on a wave of hype which you may think.They worked to get where they are.Oh yes here and tomorrows.How come Bon Jovi is still making it big,along with Metallica and Creed,because there good and people like them.12 stones and the rest are on the rise they will bring new things to music.I don't know why you are so baised but I really suggest you get over fast because it won't take you anywhere as far as your relationships with others.

How am I biased? I dont have to like everything equally...I have my own opinions on everything. Metallica made it big because they sold out. Testament was bigger than metallica back in the 80's before metallica sold out and then testament fall into a void or something...and Slayer does not play normal speed metal, they have technical riffs and solos that you will not hear on the radio. 3 string power chords played with 1 finger do not impress me...guys like Alex Skolnik and Chuck Schuldnier (rip) impress me because they play extremely well and they care about their fans more than their paychecks.

Uchiha Sasuke
04-01-2003, 10:19 PM
How am I biased? I dont have to like everything equally...I have my own opinions on everything. Metallica made it big because they sold out. Testament was bigger than metallica back in the 80's before metallica sold out and then testament fall into a void or something...and Slayer does not play normal speed metal, they have technical riffs and solos that you will not hear on the radio. 3 string power chords played with 1 finger do not impress me...guys like Alex Skolnik and Chuck Schuldnier (rip) impress me because they play extremely well and they care about their fans more than their paychecks.

If those bands cared so much about there fans wouldn't they put on big glorious shows like Metallica and Creed.Those 2 bands pretty much put 1/4 of what they make into there sets for those shows to please the fans.Others do not do that.And one finger power chords.I believe your speaking of dropped D tuning.Yes it is simple but bands like Creed base most of there stuff in Standard and then some at half step and d and some way out there.And don't say slayer is so special.I got more than half of there stuff on my computer.Agreed some is pretty complicated but a lot can be learned by some seasoned guitarist in 15 to 30 minutes.

EHWfedPres
04-02-2003, 12:13 PM
[b]If those bands cared so much about there fans wouldn't they put on big glorious shows like Metallica and Creed.

Oh, so Iced Earth never did a 2 night show in Athens, Greece for their most devoted fans, had several stage sets, and played for over an hour each night? Guess not...They wouldnt do that kind of stuff over here because most people just care about whats popular...over in Europe, most people actual care if you're good at what you do.

JJaX
04-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Oh, so Iced Earth never did a 2 night show in Athens, Greece for their most devoted fans, had several stage sets, and played for over an hour each night? Guess not...They wouldnt do that kind of stuff over here because most people just care about whats popular...over in Europe, most people actual care if you're good at what you do.

So go live there you stinkin Pikey

Uchiha Sasuke
04-02-2003, 03:32 PM

Does Iced Earth even have enough songs to play a set that large or do they repeat a lot.Plus only 1 hour each night?Thats a cake walk for the boys of Metallica, which sets are traditional for being over that limit.

witweew
05-13-2008, 06:36 PM
....yeah -- i agree, people are basically getting sick of the

same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t..:hump:...

and there is just this big upsurge from a new style

coming out of Europe -- best place i've found it so
:cheers:
far is a compilation series called 'euro club hits' on itunes

-- or check this link::cool:

http://www.futurelectrohouse.com/tracks

Ry
05-13-2008, 09:20 PM
wow, nice bump???

CrazyCougar
05-13-2008, 10:01 PM
And with that we end this topic that is FIVE years old. :rolleyes: