PDA

View Full Version : Amped Tricks

JLester
12-02-2001, 02:18 PM
Does anyone else have problem figuring out some of the more advanced tricks? I'm on level 3, but am having problems getting any further. The manual isn't very helpful with tricks. I know A makes you jump, pushing left spins left, pushing right spins right, down backflips, and up front flips. Plus, the right stick controls the different grabs. The problem is the demos included in the game show tricks that I have no idea how to pull off. Also, they get much bigger air than I can seem to manage. Finally, what is the trick to landing a jump onto a rail of some sort. It is hard to determine where you will land when you take off.

I love the game, but am getting frustrated with my performance.

Jason

l Maximus l
12-03-2001, 02:33 PM
Jason, to land on a rail (or just to ride a rail), you need to hold down the B button (the red one). If you want to nose or tail slide once you are on a rail (this will give you a ton more points), then make sure you are sideways and use your left joystick to press up or down (for nose or tail slides, respectively).

As for getting a lot of air, simply hold your jump button down and realease the jump button at the lip of the jump. You will go a hell of a lot higher. Double back flips or front flips are performed easily this way. You can do grabs while you flip, too, for more points :D

Also, for additional moves, you have to beat the Pros. After you beat a Pro, it will allow you to do some additional tricks. By beating them, the Pro "teaches" you the trick and it is, then, unlocked so you can perform them. They are sweet!!!

I'm trying to get rails perfected...I'm on the 8th level...If I knew all of this stuff, I think I would have been better off...but, it was fun learning all of it :D

Dude, if you think the game is fun now, wait until you get further...it just keeps getting better and better...and, yes, much more difficult...but, that's a good thing! :D