PDA

View Full Version : Red Faction 2 question

EHWfedPres
03-31-2003, 08:32 PM
I dunno if the game is even out yet, but on the ps2 version, there was NO geo-mod feature in the multiplayer except for certain areas that lead to other rooms...meaning no tunnel-digging...meaning no fun. Anyone know if they will fix this for the xbox version?

And I hear there's supposed to be more maps added...anyone know if they will add Checkmate...the most popular CTF map for the PC version of RF1?

Uchiha Sasuke
04-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
I dunno if the game is even out yet, but on the ps2 version, there was NO geo-mod feature in the multiplayer except for certain areas that lead to other rooms...meaning no tunnel-digging...meaning no fun. Anyone know if they will fix this for the xbox version?

And I hear there's supposed to be more maps added...anyone know if they will add Checkmate...the most popular CTF map for the PC version of RF1?

I know there is going to be advanced visuals over the ps2 version.Plus the framerate is going to be kicked up to 60.I don't know why volition wouldn't go the whole nine and include totally destructable environments with multiplayer.It probably would produce better sales then.What I really think they should add is a network option so you can play on multiple consoles. :)

EHWfedPres
04-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Substance Snake
What I really think they should add is a network option so you can play on multiple consoles. :) [/B]

You mean system link?

Uchiha Sasuke
04-04-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres
You mean system link?

Yeah same difference.Too bad though.It was said in the review that it wasn't included.

studepaber
04-04-2003, 06:01 PM
Ugh, what a bland FPS'er! Bought it today and will return it tomorrow.

Slayer02
04-04-2003, 11:41 PM
Geo-Mod is in multiplayer, asked the guy at eb.

EHWfedPres
04-05-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Slayer02
Geo-Mod is in multiplayer, asked the guy at eb.

The guy at eb is wrong. Unless they added a FULLY interactive environment meaning being able to blow up any wall, then it does not count. blowing up one wall to get to a hidden weapon does not count because you can do that in a hundred other games.

Slayer02
04-05-2003, 12:29 PM
Ok, don't get offensive, I will give you an exact quote, make what you want of it," Geo-Mod is in everything, including multiplayer, that's the reason to play the game my friend."

EHWfedPres
04-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Ok, don't get offensive, I will give you an exact quote, make what you want of it," Geo-Mod is in everything, including multiplayer, that's the reason to play the game my friend."

Im not getting offensive, im making a point. Geo-mod is NOT in multiplayer. blowing up a wall to get to a secret room does not count because you can do that in dozens of other games. Tunnel-digging = geo-mod.

Slayer02
04-05-2003, 11:13 PM
I never said Geo Mod was in it! The guy at eb said it! Not me! I am just a transferer of information!

EHWfedPres
04-06-2003, 09:16 PM
I never said Geo Mod was in it! The guy at eb said it! Not me! I am just a transferer of information!

Well then go to eb and tell the liar and he's a liar.

Xbox Owner
04-07-2003, 10:00 PM
I don't know too much on this game to tell you the truth, but I've been waiting for it to come to the Xbox for a while. I haven't done much research.. it would be awesome if it is on live? is it? I think I asked that before but I forget.:D

Slayer02
04-08-2003, 01:47 AM
No, no live.

lax_defense
04-17-2003, 08:18 PM
nope theres no nothing, no great geomod in multiplayer, no live, system link or ANYTHING, just 4player multi. (Stupid port)

Reclaimer
04-19-2003, 03:05 AM
Well, I have the game now, and I like it. Yeah, yeah, it's not Halo. Big deal. Halo was not without fault. But it's a pretty good game none the less. The geo-mod thing is not all that great, but it is cool feature. I wouldn't tout it as a new feature. It's really just a scripted event. But anyway, I'm digging it. I don't have live, so I'm not missing anything. The bots in mulitplayer is a cool thing. You can have up to six people in a match. We went 3 on 3, and set the bots on maximum difficulties. That was insane. I don't think you can win that, not even against a bunch of seasoned shooters as we are. There is some geo-mod in multiplayer. Not much. You can't dig under buildings in the normal game, and you can't do that here either. You can blow up certain doors and barriers. You can basically blow up "cover scenery" or other minor scenery items, but you can't take down buildings in MP mode. There is enough levels in MP to keep a group of people really busy. They really went all out with the maps. There is just a ton of maps to choose from.
Out of 10, I give this game 8.

EHWfedPres
04-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
Well, I have the game now, and I like it. Yeah, yeah, it's not Halo. Big deal. Halo was not without fault. But it's a pretty good game none the less. The geo-mod thing is not all that great, but it is cool feature. I wouldn't tout it as a new feature. It's really just a scripted event. But anyway, I'm digging it. I don't have live, so I'm not missing anything. The bots in mulitplayer is a cool thing. You can have up to six people in a match. We went 3 on 3, and set the bots on maximum difficulties. That was insane. I don't think you can win that, not even against a bunch of seasoned shooters as we are. There is some geo-mod in multiplayer. Not much. You can't dig under buildings in the normal game, and you can't do that here either. You can blow up certain doors and barriers. You can basically blow up "cover scenery" or other minor scenery items, but you can't take down buildings in MP mode. There is enough levels in MP to keep a group of people really busy. They really went all out with the maps. There is just a ton of maps to choose from.
Out of 10, I give this game 8.

Yeah, Halo has only a handfull of good multiplayer maps...heck, only a handfull, period...anyway, compared to red faction 1, geo mod does not exist in red faction 2...period.

I play on hard mode all the time against my perfect bots (100 in nearly every category, still working on them) and I win all the time...except when we play ctf on hangman...thats one messed up map

and why did they not include the most popular ctf map from the pc version of rf1...Checkmate? No geo mod and no checkmate...thats 2 points off. Id say 8 out of 10.

E Nomini Patri
04-29-2003, 11:06 PM
So, should I pick this game up now? Or should I wait for a price drop? I am getting RtCW when it is out, so I won't have alot of cash on hand pretty soon...

EHWfedPres
04-30-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
So, should I pick this game up now? Or should I wait for a price drop? I am getting RtCW when it is out, so I won't have alot of cash on hand pretty soon...

Well it depends on if you like the game or not. I like it but theres alot missing...not that it makes the game any worse, its just what i expected to be added, was not. Its a great game, tons of fun.

After I get xbl, whenever that will be...i'll get rtcw maybe...id like to be a medic in that game, should be fun.

Reclaimer
04-30-2003, 07:54 PM
I really don't know why they make such a big deal about Geo-mod in this game. Not everything is destructable, and the things that are, are the things that you expect a good FPS to have as destructible items. If you cruise around with the Nano GL, you'll notice that not every wall crumbles. So, in my mind, it seems like instead of calling it a certain feature, it's just really a lot of scripted sequences. Nothing more. If it was truly a geo-mod situation, then in every level, you could just blast your way through everything in a straight line. I give it a benefit of a doubt, but it's hard because if you stand over here and blast the wall, a hole appears. But if you stand 5 feet over there and shoot, nothing happens, when realistically, you'd get the same hole. Oh well, it's still a good game. I really like the urban combat sequences.

EHWfedPres
04-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer
I really don't know why they make such a big deal about Geo-mod in this game. Not everything is destructable, and the things that are, are the things that you expect a good FPS to have as destructible items. If you cruise around with the Nano GL, you'll notice that not every wall crumbles. So, in my mind, it seems like instead of calling it a certain feature, it's just really a lot of scripted sequences. Nothing more. If it was truly a geo-mod situation, then in every level, you could just blast your way through everything in a straight line. I give it a benefit of a doubt, but it's hard because if you stand over here and blast the wall, a hole appears. But if you stand 5 feet over there and shoot, nothing happens, when realistically, you'd get the same hole. Oh well, it's still a good game. I really like the urban combat sequences.

I agree. Its like sliced bread all over again, except its like giving us the bread cut in 2 pieces. Sure, its sliced, but not really...ok, bad analogy, but anyway. geo-mod does not exist in red faction 2, and they are making a huge deal about how it was improved over red faction 1...since when is improved a synonym for removed?
:cuss:

NINE BREAKER
05-12-2003, 04:43 AM
Geo-mod or not, I'm enjoying this game.

Dream Theater
05-23-2003, 07:02 AM
This game still has the best multiplayer options I've ever seen. Create your own bots, tons of weapons, over 60 maps in multiplayer, a smooth framerate (rock solid 60 fps) a single player campaine and so much more. It's alot better than UC, and HALO had no bots.