PDA

View Full Version : You want a good April fools prank ???

Gameman732
04-01-2003, 04:16 PM
This from Casper...

Bungie Studios, Microsoft Game Studios' premiere 1st party game-development studio, today shocked the gaming community by officially announcing "Halo 2" for the Playstation 2™ video game system. Members of the press were amazed at the developments as this sequel to Bungie's award-winning "Halo: Combat Evolved™", has been announced for distribution to the Playstation console primarily, with a soon to follow port to the Xbox video game console from Microsoft.

"Halo 2" continues the story of the Master Chief, a genetically enhanced super-soldier who is the only human ever to successfully defy the Covenant—a coalition of alien races on a murderous march toward Earth. To the mysterious leaders of the Covenant, the human victory at the ancient ring structure known as Halo was an unacceptable failure. Having limited processing power in the PS2 console is not seen as a disadvantage, but more as an area of oppurtunity to display the true skills of our programming team.

"Halo 2" surpasses its predecessor in graphical beauty and combat intensity. "'Halo 2' on the Sony's Playstation 2 console is a lot like 'Halo', only it's 'Halo' on sedatives, crawling around backward trying to make out the shadows from poorly rendered bump mapping," explained Jason Jones, the head of Bungie Studios, "and we expect a slew of clipping issues, too." The Master Chief and his marine allies return to battle the full complement of Covenant forces, as well as as-of-yet-unrevealed foes, some of which are the hardware itself.

"Halo 2" expands the Master Chief's already substantial arsenal with powerful new weapons, many pried from the twitching claws of his defeated enemies. This sequel also increases Halo's number of drivable vehicles giving players many more ways to speed into battle or explore the game's vast landscapes.

"Halo 2" is powered by a completely new graphics engine designed specifically for the Playstation hardware. "Gearing the game code towards the Playstation console has limited our ability to create truly dynamic, lush environments," said Chris Butcher, one of "Halo 2's" engineering leads. "Rest assured however that we have everything in place to truly compete with Sony's online leader SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs, everything you could imagine."

In addition to an epic single-player campaign, "Halo 2" has support for multiplayer action via split-screen, and online through the Playstation Online Adapter Kit. (networking training available at additional cost) "We still have the multiplayer game-types that people loved in 'Halo', but we're planning something special for multiplayer in 'Halo 2,'" hinted Jaime Griesemer, "Halo 2's" lead designer. "I don't want to ruin the surprise, and don't get you're hopes up too high since we cannot create an effective means of player interaction and communication through the current Sony Online service" continued Jamie "Halo 2's" online multiplayer will feature squad-oriented team-play, talk to yourself and to the TV screen voice chat and extensive community support through Sony's outdated forum system when it ships at the end of next year.

Sources at Microsoft have declined to comment in a formal fashion. "Having the oppurtunity to bring Halo 2 to a broader audience just makes good business sense, the increased revenue will allow Microsoft Game Studios the added resources necassary to truly develop games to their potential" says Gary White of Microsoft. "We look at this huge event as a stepping stone to many more oppurtunites to bring the gaming community closer together."

Now thats a good un':D

Casper
04-01-2003, 04:25 PM
Psst...I got it from here

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34038

:)

No Fear 23
04-01-2003, 04:31 PM
everybody gots to know that microsoft owns bungie by the contract and bungie will never do that.i mean, when i first hear the word halo 2 in playstation, i stoped reading and said a lame ass april fool joke. :)

Gameman732
04-01-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by casper
Psst...I got it from here

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34038

:)

My bad...I meant to post the link...Thanks:)

SiGuy
04-02-2003, 08:29 PM
This could be my worst nightmare