PDA

View Full Version : How do i use the 5.1 ?

Megaherz *RAGE*
04-01-2003, 08:06 PM
I recently buy a home theater ( Kenwood HTB 505 with 640 watts ) and i try to use the dolby digital 5.1, but didn't even work. I got a optical cable and it work but when i am playing Rallisport Challenge, Halo, Deathrow, there is no dolby digital 5.1, seem that only Splinter Cell work. I already put in dolby surround, activate the digital audio and finally put the dts on in the audio setup, but i got no real dolby digital 5.1.

Look like i got rip off !!!!!!

Anyone can help me !

MerimacHamwich
04-01-2003, 08:28 PM
The Xbox uses Dolby Digital 5.1 signals, not Digital Theater Surround singals. If you have a reciever capable of using Dolby Digital 5.1 it should auto detect the signal coming from your Xbox. There is no need to set it on DD5.1. Take it off of DTS and it should work fine.

Zion
04-01-2003, 08:32 PM
So you get full DD sound with Splinter Cell but no audio at all from any other game?? Something is wrong with your setup for sure.

Snake Eyez
04-02-2003, 12:42 AM
Try here for some answers.
http://www.dolby.com/games/ms.xbox.faq.html#

Reclaimer
04-02-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Megaherz *RAGE*
I recently buy a home theater ( Kenwood HTB 505 with 640 watts ) and i try to use the dolby digital 5.1, but didn't even work. I got a optical cable and it work but when i am playing Rallisport Challenge, Halo, Deathrow, there is no dolby digital 5.1, seem that only Splinter Cell work. I already put in dolby surround, activate the digital audio and finally put the dts on in the audio setup, but i got no real dolby digital 5.1.

Look like i got rip off !!!!!!

Anyone can help me !

There's got to be some setting you are over looking on your receiver. I just plugged my optical cable into my reciever from my xbox, press a button on my receiver's remote control until the optical "channel" is selected, and turn on the xbox. It's all good from there. Surround sound eargasms for all. You should really check your settings on your receiver, because if you're using the optical cables, it's not an overly complicated ordeal to get working. Probably some button you have to press to select the proper channel.

BCan
04-02-2003, 07:57 AM
I think it is the fact that you have it set to DTS in your Audio setup, you mean the XBOX audio setup I assume. To put it mildly those two signals are two totally different things, especially when DTS is set to the default output type.

From what I have experienced, it seems that a DTS signal will travel along and be dealt with properly when the normal Dolby Digital as the output on the XBOX, or on most DVD players. It is when it is set to deal with DTS straight off, that the Dolby Digital signal can not be processed.

Also, there is Dolby Pro-Logic, which helps make stereo signals into surround sound, but this sometimes is called Doldy Surround, but isn't the digital format. Dolby Digital is what you are after, most stereos will automatically pick up how to handle an optical signal straight off. I am pretty sure that you need to set the XBOX to Dolby Digital to have the full on 5.1 surround sound.

BTW, why can't we have DTS for these games instead, it's a lot better since it has 1/3 of the compression of Dolby Digital......

Megaherz *RAGE*
04-02-2003, 11:55 AM
Anybody know if i can return it to Futurshop after ten days ?

Megaherz *RAGE*
04-02-2003, 11:56 AM
Thank a lot everybody !

I find the problem !
My amplificator is not working as it should !
Gonna have a refund !

MerimacHamwich
04-02-2003, 02:41 PM
Amplificator?

Viper87227
04-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Amplificator?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Aplificator is going to be my new word of the day ;)

Megaherz *RAGE*
04-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Oh ****** ! You already know how bad i am writing.